Windows 10: Input Device not working, microphone not detected

Discus and support Input Device not working, microphone not detected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The computer doesn't have a microphone included, and it doesn't detect an external microphone either, I've tried Settings>Sound>Input no input devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bree Cr, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Bree Cr Win User

Input Device not working, microphone not detected

The computer doesn't have a microphone included, and it doesn't detect an external microphone either, I've tried Settings>Sound>Input no input devices found I run the troubleshoot but it says it can't identify the problem

Input Device not working, microphone not detected 79c2af2d-9aaf-430d-afa4-9a3788410094?upload=true.png

I've gone to device manager to try to update drivers but even there it does not have the audio input

Input Device not working, microphone not detected a2c4e148-9ce7-4ad2-b207-35ab8a1ab648?upload=true.png

:)

Bree Cr, Mar 16, 2020

2. Microphone Inputs Not Working

Hi SamanthaXN,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall your microphone driver, following this procedure:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Audio input and audio"

4. Right click on your mic

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then reboot and check if now it works.

StefanoTamiotti, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Anglachel Win User
    Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

Hello!

Today, I was playing SCP: Secret Laboratory. After I finished, I went and made tea. When I came back much later to play some more, I found that the in-game voice chat was not working for me; my microphone was not transmitting in-game.
    Looking into my Steam settings, I found that all my input devices were actually my output devices, and all my output devices were actually input devices. I initially thought this was an issue with Steam, so I restarted Steam and my PC.
    However, when the problem did not resolve, I looked to my sound settings and found that even in there, my playback devices detected inputs as outputs and recording devices detected outputs as inputs.

How am I able to fix this problem?

Input Device not working, microphone not detected [​IMG]

Input Device not working, microphone not detected [​IMG]

The VoiceMeeter inputs and outputs are from a sound managing device called VoiceMeeter Banana that I installed to allow for the creation of virtual line ins.

Anglachel, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Input Device not working, microphone not detected - Similar Threads - Input Device working

2. Input device not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input device not detected: I find it very hard to believe nobody else has had this problem.Hello,I have a 3.5mm jack combination headphone + microphone headset plugged into my computer running Windows 11 Home 22H2 build 22621.963, and my microphone does not work. The audio output works, but the input...
  3. Input device not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input device not detected: I find it very hard to believe nobody else has had this problem.Hello,I have a 3.5mm jack combination headphone + microphone headset plugged into my computer running Windows 11 Home 22H2 build 22621.963, and my microphone does not work. The audio output works, but the input...
  4. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  5. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  6. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Input device not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input device not detected: I'm using a desktop. intel core i7, optiplex7070. My earphone is not being detected in the input devices, how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-device-not-detected/2269095f-a914-4861-a657-f194f0e7c9b9
  8. Detected microphone but no input sound

Detected microphone but no input sound: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I have searched up many similar questions but cannot find the solution. I just built a new desktop PC with newly installed Windows 10. I am using a headphone splitter to connect my headset to the desktop front panel. Some things to note: - All drivers...
  9. Microphone detected but no input sound

Microphone detected but no input sound: Mic suddenly stopped working (it was working properly yesterday night). The input device is showing properly: [ATTACH] Windows even detects when I connect it to the front or the back jack. So it's being detected properly. Today I booted the computer and no sound was...
  10. Microphone detected, but no input signal.

Microphone detected, but no input signal.: I have been using a Yeti Blue microphone with my computer for years. The other day, I plugged in my PS4 controller to play games and immediately my microphone and speakers stopped working. After reading through forums, I found this to be because the controller has both a mic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no input devices found microphone

2. no input devices found microphone windows 10

3. windows 10 input device not found