Windows 10: Input devices disconnect at random

Discus and support Input devices disconnect at random in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am currently experiencing a bug where input devices will disconnect at random,i think it is a windows 10 issue because it only started occurring when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KozySRB, Dec 11, 2019.

1. KozySRB Win User

Input devices disconnect at random

I am currently experiencing a bug where input devices will disconnect at random,i think it is a windows 10 issue because it only started occurring when i upgraded to it ,there are a few important things to note about this bug:

-The devices [while disconnected] are still powered on

-The devices cannot input while in this state

-Removing the devices and plugging them back it does nothing.

-Adding new devices does nothing

-Whatever action the device was doing last carries over into that state[example:typing something and it stopping as you press W,it will keep pressing W]

-No input is needed for this bug to occur[you can leave the PC on and come back to it being unusable]

-The only hardware that is affected are the once connected via usb[i think,because the PC's power button still works]

-Audio devices are unaffected like for example headsets,which still receive audio but cannot increase volume or change their settings

So far the only temporary solution to it is to turn off the computer and turn it back on,i tried many different fixes like turning off the automatic turn off to preserve power option or updating my drivers etc...But nothing changed

:)

KozySRB, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Groggubus Win User

Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile.

Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound.

Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top tow devices that disconnect and reconnect. I'm unsure what they are and how to solve the problem.

It doesnt happen 24/7, but sometimes it will do it for 40 mins and sometimes 5 mins then stop etc etc, very random.

I dont have any External HDD plugged into drives J K L M, but they normally get assigned to .iso's or Portable HDD's.

Groggubus, Dec 11, 2019
  3. How to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth devices in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Pair the Bluetooth device to the system.
    • Right click on the Speaker icon in the System tray and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the device and click on the drop down list next to Set default button.
    • Select the option to connect and disconnect from the device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 11, 2019
  4. TimurFix Win User

In-game device disconnection sound

While I'm playing my games, I constantly get random device disconnection sound, but nothing is getting disconnected. I can hear it 2-3 times in 1 hour or only one time in a day, so it's completely random. BUT, it's happening in-game only, I never get it
    when I'm on desktop or surfing the internet.

I'm using PC. My USB devices are only keyboard and mouse, both with 2.0 inputs but they are plugged into my motherboard USB 3.0 outputs. Can it be the case? I read that USB 2.0 devices can work with USB 3.0

TimurFix, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Input devices disconnect at random - Similar Threads - Input devices disconnect

2. microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices: I got my zealsound microphone about 3 months ago. Worked fine until a day or two ago, when it randomly disconnected. It no longer shows up on my input devices menu at all. Ive tried replugging in every part of the microphone, and it seems to have power as the light is on. I...
  3. microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices: I got my zealsound microphone about 3 months ago. Worked fine until a day or two ago, when it randomly disconnected. It no longer shows up on my input devices menu at all. Ive tried replugging in every part of the microphone, and it seems to have power as the light is on. I...
  4. Usb devices randomly disconnect

Usb devices randomly disconnect: I am having an issue with my USB devices randomly disconnecting. I think it's because of my headphones but I'm not sure. Whenever I disconnect my headphones, the problem is gone. Usually what happens is my headphones randomly disconnect and I have to move the cord around the...
  5. Audio Devices Disconnect Randomly

Audio Devices Disconnect Randomly: hi all, for a while now i've been having this very annoying and persistent issue with my computer and I'm not sure what is going on. I've tried it with multiple different headsets Bluetooth and wired but its definitely a computer problem.the issue is that, no matter what im...
  6. Audio Devices Disconnect Randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Devices Disconnect Randomly: hi all, for a while now i've been having this very annoying and persistent issue with my computer and I'm not sure what is going on. I've tried it with multiple different headsets Bluetooth and wired but its definitely a computer problem.the issue is that, no matter what im...
  7. Input Devices Randomly Unclick at Random Intervals

Input Devices Randomly Unclick at Random Intervals: Hey Microsoft,I am having an issue with my personal devices. Mice and keyboards are randomly losing key press after a short and random interval. This makes it difficult to play all games. It happens regardless of the mouse or keyboard I use. I have tried many of each and I...
  8. Devices randomly disconnect, and connect.

Devices randomly disconnect, and connect.: I have a windows 10 Enterprise computer and it has been really acting up lately. I have been constantly checking for malware. I am overall pretty good at not executing suspicions files from online.So I was playing a game when my graphics drivers suddenly disconnected. Now for...
  9. Have a disconnection of input devices.

Have a disconnection of input devices.: Hello, I just made Reddit account to ask a question about the problem I have with my recently built PC. English is not my native language, so I might be wrong in grammars. I built this PC about a month ago, and I keep having a same problem over and over again. Everything...
  10. USB device disconnects randomly.

USB device disconnects randomly.: I have a brand new windows 10 computer. I cannot keep my external usb sound card to stay connected. I have searched repeatedly for a solution to this from Microsoft. You always give the same generic advice, i.e. update drivers which the OS says are up to date, do a total...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ten random input devices