Windows 10: Input indicator no longer appears in the taskbar

Discus and support Input indicator no longer appears in the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've lost the language input indicator in the taskbar. Alt-Shift no longer works when switching languages. I am running Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveLeCurieux, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Input indicator no longer appears in the taskbar

I've lost the language input indicator in the taskbar. Alt-Shift no longer works when switching languages.

I am running Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.437).

The language indicator with the keyboards I've installed still appears on the lock screen, just not in the taskbar.

In the taskbar settings, "Turn system icons on or off", the "Input Indicator" setting is set to "On".

Turning it off and on again doesn't work.

Locking and unlocking the taskbar doesn't work.

Running ctfmon.exe doesn't seem to do anything.

It feels like this issue appeared after the last Windows update. Please help!

:)

DaveLeCurieux, Apr 19, 2019
  2. far3s_b Win User

Input Indicator icon doesn't appear in the taskbar

When the computer starts the Input Indicator icon doesn't appear in the taskbar. I use Settings\System\Notifications & Actions\Turn system icons on or off and change the setting for Input Indicator to "On".

This works fine as the "ENG" icon appears. However when the computer is restarted after being shut down the "ENG" icon re-disappears. It seems that this setting is just temporary and reverts to "Off" when shut down.

How do I make the Input Indicator setting remain "On"?

far3s_b, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Jump Lists No Longer Appear

After the uninstallation of some software yesterday, I no longer have jump lists in my taskbar icons. I right click on them, and there's no response whatsoever. Right click functionality on the taskbar itself and in all other places appears to be normal. I'm hoping there will be a relatively simple registry key I can edit or something. Anyone have some suggestions?

lightwriter, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Input indicator no longer appears in the taskbar

Windows 10 Input Indicator icon on taskbar

When the computer starts the Input Indicator icon displays "ENG" alongside the clock in the taskbar.

I use Settings\System\Notifications & Actions\Turn system icons on or off and change the setting for Input Indicator to "Off".

This works fine as the "ENG" icon disappears. However when the computer is restarted after being shut down the "ENG" icon re-appears. It seems that this setting is just temporary and reverts to "On" when shut down.

How do I make the Input Indicator setting remain "Off"?

Keith_Stone, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Input indicator no longer appears in the taskbar

1. Input indicator no longer appears in the taskbar - Similar Threads - Input indicator longer

2. Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows: Suddenly the battery indicator for my laptop has disappeared. "Power" is toggled On in the task bar show which icons appear on the taskbar. It is not displayed in the "up carrot" icons either....
  3. Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows: Suddenly the battery indicator for my laptop has disappeared. "Power" is toggled On in the task bar show which icons appear on the taskbar. It is not displayed in the "up carrot" icons either....
  4. Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No Language Input Indicator in my Windows Taskbar

No Language Input Indicator in my Windows Taskbar: Hi,Failed attempts:1 Right-click empty space on Windows 10 taskbar and then select “Taskbar settings“. Toggle the setting for Input Indicator to On or Off. This will show or hide the input indicator accordingly. This change will take effect immediately. 2 Go to the...
  6. Input Indicator

Input Indicator: So... I have 3 languages installed on my PC, which seems to enable the Input Indicator by default. Thing is, I prefer an uncluttered workspace, so I disable it. But EVERY single reboot reenables the option. This is the thing I am complaining about: [ATTACH] The languages...
  7. Input Indicator does not show up on taskbar

Input Indicator does not show up on taskbar: I have downloaded 2 language packs and went to switch between the languages. However, the input indicator does not appear on the taskbar. I have tried asking your advisors on solutions but they only provided the basic one such as making sure the system icon are checked and so...
  8. Input indicator bug

Input indicator bug: Hello, I can't disable Input Indicator at all. I tried every single option in settings that is related to the language bar in the task bar and tried every guide.[ATTACH]...
  9. Input Indicator keeps popping up on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Indicator keeps popping up on taskbar: Hello there! My display language is in English (Philippines) and it's the only language I have installed. Weirdly enough, I noticed that when I open up CS:GO (a game), the input indicator pops up at the right part of my taskbar. I've tried everything, I've disabled it in...
  10. Problem with the input indicator

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with the input indicator: Hi I have Windows 10 v1703 Enterprise 64 bit. Although I enable the input indicator on the system tray, it is disabled whenever the system is started. Why? I noticed that when I set the small icons on the application bar, the input indicator indicates only the...