Windows 10: Input Indicator

Discus and support Input Indicator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So... I have 3 languages installed on my PC, which seems to enable the Input Indicator by default. Thing is, I prefer an uncluttered workspace, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnElbow, Jan 14, 2021.

1. AnElbow Win User

Input Indicator

So... I have 3 languages installed on my PC, which seems to enable the Input Indicator by default. Thing is, I prefer an uncluttered workspace, so I disable it. But EVERY single reboot reenables the option.

This is the thing I am complaining about:
    Input Indicator 903819d0-67d4-447f-819d-c32fac52f3d2?upload=true.png

The languages I have installed:

Input Indicator 68861af1-62d7-4c1a-af5e-78ddc293f7f5?upload=true.png

The setting that hides it, which re-enables after EVERY reboot, without exception:

Input Indicator 8b378ecd-dfd1-4ea5-8b64-61789494e770?upload=true.png

I have trawled through forums, group policy editor, control panel and regedit and cannot find a solution myself...
    Some people offered solution in control panel here another forum post. but since Microsoft is obsessed with ruining the user experience, they continue to destroy the control panel, making the suggestions there useless as there are now no language options there... And anything in the settings menu has nothing resembling what the control panel used to offer in this context.
    This page is what made me try using regedit but it makes no mention of the Input Indicator... And at this point I noticed that my registry doesn't have the explorer folder... could that maybe be the cause of my issues? Is it just missing an entry to write to when the settings are changed?
    Input Indicator a5f8e193-9e9c-4e5c-81a8-6097ef2877a7?upload=true.png

This page gave me the idea of looking in the GPO... But again, no luck.

I get the feeling a regedit solution may be the most effective, but I have no idea what to add.

Any help would be appreciated... Also if Microsoft would actually stop removing powerful features, like the control panel, that would be great.

:)

AnElbow, Jan 14, 2021

2. Input Indicator disappears everytime I reboot

Hi,
    After OS reinstall, I have a tiny, but annoying problem. The keyboard input indicator:

Input Indicator [​IMG]

in the taskbar disappears after every reboot. Also, I cannot change the input method by the appropriate keyboard shortcut.

To clarify: I'm able to display it by changing the input method in the Settings app, but it won't survive the next reboot.

As I'm aware, I have everything set up so I should see the input indicator, specifically:

• I have the input indicator toggle set to on in Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbar
    • I have multiple input methods.
    • In Time & Language -> Language -> Keyboard -> Language bar options, I have the Language Bar radio button set to Docked in the taskbar

Any ideas about what can I do to keep the Input Indicator and language switching working after restart?

Windows 10 version 1909

David Fiedler, Jan 14, 2021
  3. The input indicator disappears randomly.

Hi,

I realize your concern and will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

This issue might have occurred if there are any
    Tune-Up Utilities, Optimizers and Registry cleaners.

To assist you better on the issue, I request to provide information on the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to the system prior to this issue?

• Have you installed any third party security software on the system?
    However I suggest you to turn Off the Input Indicator from the
    Turn System Icons On or off and restart the system and check if it helps:

• Press Windows logo + X keys and open control panel.

• On the top right corner of the window choose
      large icons under category.

• Select Language and go to
      Advanced settings on the left pane.

• Uncheck on the option
      Use the desktop language bar when it’s available
      under Switching input methods to turn it off.

• Restart the system and turn it on again.

Kindly get back to us if you still have concerns with input indicator. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Input Indicator

Enabling input indicator on lock screen and taskbar

Hi,

For you to enable the input indicator or language bar on lock screen and task bar, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Control Panel.
    • Look for Language, then click it to open.
    • On the left pane, click Advance settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, tick the option Use the desktop language bar when it's available.
    • Click Save to save the changes.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Input Indicator

1. Input Indicator - Similar Threads - Input Indicator

2. Installation of Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool silently using script.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool silently using script.: Hello guys. I want to install "Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool" for windows pc Silently using powershell or script. I have tried lots of commands but always popup wizard appears. Please suggest any switch for my software. I have also attached screenshot of wizard....
  3. Installation of Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool silently using script.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation of Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool silently using script.: Hello guys. I want to install "Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool" for windows pc Silently using powershell or script. I have tried lots of commands but always popup wizard appears. Please suggest any switch for my software. I have also attached screenshot of wizard....
  4. Microsoft Indic input 3 not proper work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Indic input 3 not proper work: After installing the application, typing the letters seems to be duplicating the typed ones as shown.Typing kRShNaa results inककृकृसकृषकृष्णकृष्णकृष्णा.Could some one resolve this issue and report...
  5. Microsoft Indic input 3 not proper work

Microsoft Indic input 3 not proper work: After installing the application, typing the letters seems to be duplicating the typed ones as shown.Typing kRShNaa results inककृकृसकृषकृष्णकृष्णकृष्णा.Could some one resolve this issue and report...
  6. Microsoft Indic input 3 not proper work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Indic input 3 not proper work: Microsoft indic input 3 gujarati is not working properly in my laptop when i am typing in gujarati one word is repeated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-indic-input-3-not-proper-work/77dd0c98-4019-4118-bce8-1b135b9eebe4
  7. Microsoft Indic input 3 not proper work

Microsoft Indic input 3 not proper work: Microsoft indic input 3 gujarati is not working properly in my laptop when i am typing in gujarati one word is repeated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-indic-input-3-not-proper-work/77dd0c98-4019-4118-bce8-1b135b9eebe4
  8. I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom: I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-eng-from-taskbar-in-20h2/2217ddb8-a4e4-49c6-b7ac-e24ebeba8d04?from=ContactUsWebBCQR&CorrelationId=d30ce9b1-80fe-492c-96a9-3e2bb110111c the mentioned...
  9. I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom

I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom: I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-eng-from-taskbar-in-20h2/2217ddb8-a4e4-49c6-b7ac-e24ebeba8d04?from=ContactUsWebBCQR&CorrelationId=d30ce9b1-80fe-492c-96a9-3e2bb110111c the mentioned...
  10. Microsoft Indic Input 3 is not working with Win UI 3 Windows App SDK application Textbox

Microsoft Indic Input 3 is not working with Win UI 3 Windows App SDK application Textbox: I am developing a Winui 3 Windows App SDK application in which I need a Hindi input functionality in textbox with Remington GAIL keyboard Layout, from my research I found that the Hindi Indic Input 3 tool has this, I have installed this tool but it is not working with my...