Windows 10: Input lag but only on 2 games and always on the desktop.

Discus and support Input lag but only on 2 games and always on the desktop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a nvme to replace my ssd and hdd setup I have a 120gb boot ssd with a 2tb mechanical hdd for games storage I thought I would have a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OriginlGazza, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Input lag but only on 2 games and always on the desktop.

I bought a nvme to replace my ssd and hdd setup I have a 120gb boot ssd with a 2tb mechanical hdd for games storage I thought I would have a fresh start so I moved important documents and my saved games onto a external hdd wd my passport ultra 1tb and removed the drives and inserted the nvme grabbed win 10 USB and installed very quickly I might add.

As soon as I was on the desktop I noticed I had small input lag do figured it was a driver thing that would clear up after updates so I installed all updates for both games and win 10 things but the input lag remained, this wouldn't be a problem but the pc is for mainly gaming, the strange thing is I use an Xbox controller to play 5 games on this pc...call of duty modern warfare, call of duty warzone, call of duty black ops cold war, prototype and just cause 2 and as soon as I load them the lag disappears, none of the games have input lag apart from black ops cold war bocw making this game unplayable.

I also play games with the mouse and keyboard mainly just 2 command and conquer red alert 2 and old school runescape now as soon as I load c&c red alert 2 the input lag with the mouse disappears and the game plays perfect but old school runescape does not and that is the same problem as bocw these games you need to have fast reactions which I can't because of the lag so again unplayable...I have reinstalled windows I have my tv set to game mode as always I have played with game mode settings on win 10 turned off the sync settings in the games lowered the graphics settings shouldn't be a problem anyway I play 4k 60fps because that's what my tv is limited to and with sync off my fps goes over 100 at 4k high/ultra settings so I know my gpu/cpu can handle it I have tried a new mouse too and none of it makes a difference.

EDIT: I also get my screen turn off for around 1 second but only when I'm on any internet browser...I found firefox does it the least but still does it I have turned off hardware acceleration as I read somewhere that can cause it but that didn't fix it...no idea if that's related or not but just more info.

EDIT: I have fixed the problem for some reason when I loaded my games that don't lag nvidia was changing my setting to 60hz but the normal setting was 30hz so I changed the base setting to 60hz and boom fixed lol it was not input lag after all I'm just used to 60fps.

my specs...

MSI Z390-A PRO with latest bios

INTEL I7-9700 not overclockable and I wouldn't anyway

CORSAIR 16GB DDR4 VENGENCE RGB PRO RAM @3600mhz

SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1TB nvme

EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080TI not overclocked

CORSAIR RM850X PSU

BE QUIET DARK ROCK SLIM not that the cpu cooler matters anyway

:)

OriginlGazza, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Seltxer Win User

Input lag?

• So I had to install the last fall creator's update because of mandatory security updates. Sometimes I launch tf2 and there's major input lag while other times there isn't. I used to have a solution of reverting to a version before the fall creators update
      but I've tried that recently and I needed to reinstall Windows 10. Another solution was to just restart but I don't want to have to restart my laptop every time I want to play video games. I don't know what's causing the input lag, whether it's because of
      the game or the OS or Logitech Gaming Software (which might not be the issue since I had this issue way before I ever got a logitech mouse). I suspect it's the OS and the fall creator's update. I need a permanent solution to stop this input lag. If anyone
      has one, I would really appreciate it.

Seltxer, Mar 3, 2021
  3. danazc Win User
    x1900xtx input lag

Ok I have the same issues with the input lag when using ati tool and the dynamic fan control. I only use ati tool for this feature so my question is this: does the latest version address this issue and if not, can I control the fan speed a different way that wont cause the stupid input lag? The x1900xtx get HOT and I like ati tool, but it is hard to play css when you have input lag for 3-4 seconds every 2 minutes. Please help me ASAP. Does .26 version fix this or what are some suggestions that might eliminate the input lag but still be able to use this great tool? Thanks! Does anyone know if ati tray tool works better in this department?

danazc, Mar 3, 2021
  4. rracoon Win User

Input lag but only on 2 games and always on the desktop.

Input lag in games

With the installation of Windows 10 I started suffering from input lag on my movement keys in all of the games I played. At first it was barely noticeable but it got worse. Now my characters move for up to 10 seconds after I let of a key.

I did the usual troubleshooting like reinstalling windows and the games, then I uninstalled the Xbox app because it helped a lot of people, but the problem still persists.

Any advice?

rracoon, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Input lag but only on 2 games and always on the desktop.

1. Input lag but only on 2 games and always on the desktop. - Similar Threads - Input lag games

2. Input lag from keyboard in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input lag from keyboard in games: Hi If anyone can help me it would be great.... I upgraded to windows 11, 2 days ago and when i was finished installing and i started playing games i would get movement lagso when i press W it would only move 0.5seconds later or any key.... i have reinstalled and installed all...
  3. Input lag from keyboard in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input lag from keyboard in games: Hi If anyone can help me it would be great.... I upgraded to windows 11, 2 days ago and when i was finished installing and i started playing games i would get movement lagso when i press W it would only move 0.5seconds later or any key.... i have reinstalled and installed all...
  4. Keyboard input lag on a specic game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag on a specic game: My case is a whole lot different compared to people saying they have keyboard input lag. So i play on PC a lot , some days before while playing fortnite , i noticed that when i press wasd keys , the character is taking no response , i change the poer , works for a few...
  5. Keyboard input lag on a specic game

Keyboard input lag on a specic game: My case is a whole lot different compared to people saying they have keyboard input lag. So i play on PC a lot , some days before while playing fortnite , i noticed that when i press wasd keys , the character is taking no response , i change the poer , works for a few...
  6. Keyboard input lag on heavier games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag on heavier games: I get a very weird type of input lag whenever Im playing a heavier game such as valorant, or a light game like celeste with discord opened on the background. Whenever i press a key, SOMETIMES its takes around 0.2 seconds for it to react to my key press, and when i release a...
  7. Keyboard input lag on heavier games

Keyboard input lag on heavier games: I get a very weird type of input lag whenever Im playing a heavier game such as valorant, or a light game like celeste with discord opened on the background. Whenever i press a key, SOMETIMES its takes around 0.2 seconds for it to react to my key press, and when i release a...
  8. input lag ONLY in tf2 from steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    input lag ONLY in tf2 from steam: so im having input lag in my keyboard and its only in tf2 and im in a laptop please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-lag-only-in-tf2-from-steam/6aa5068a-db74-4e12-bbee-c99a111a5162
  9. input lag + game minimizing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    input lag + game minimizing: how do i remove input lagrtx 2070 ,16gb ram , i7 8700k , logitech g403 ,Asus monitor 144hzwithout bordless gaming ,and on fullscreen game minimizing by self i dont want to play on bordless , want fullscreen but why minimizing ? submitted by /u/salvatoregucci [link]...
  10. in game keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in game keyboard input lag: Hi (not sure I am in the correct category but) my name is Zakaria El Aiassi; I have a problem that every time I play a game (like Roblox, Minecraft, fortnite, etc.) when I press WASD it lags to, either receive or stop 'pressing' when I'm not pressing any button. My game...