Windows 10: Input Lag in Windows 10

Discus and support Input Lag in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have struggled with input lag in Windows 10 for a while now. I know there are many posts about this but after looking through so many I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CaptWalshua, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Input Lag in Windows 10

Hello! I have struggled with input lag in Windows 10 for a while now. I know there are many posts about this but after looking through so many I still never found my solution. I have tried different peripherals and all of them are from very popular brands (Zowie, Logitech, Razer, Cougar). Right now I am using the Zowie ZA12 mouse and Logitech G413 keyboard. I am also using a 1920x1080 144Hz monitor from BENQ and it is running in 144Hz.

I completely restored my computer to factory default a few days ago and that fixed my issue for a day, but it came back.

I disabled most of the extra features of Windows 10(Defender, Firewall, Xbox services, Diagnostics, Auto updates, Background apps, GameBarPrecenseWriter), but that didn't fix my issue either. If possible, it would be nice if I could get a version of Windows that was absolute bare bones without all the extra services and features.

The games I play are CSGO (2400+ hours) and Rocket League (1300+ hours). Occasionally I play Battlefield. If my input lag gets permanently fixed, I will be very happy!

DxDiag

Msinfo32

This is the rig:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($359.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($94.70 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($164.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($444.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($97.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DUKE OC Video Card ($469.99 @ B&H)
    Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($62.98 @ Newegg Business)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($114.73 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($21.89 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1937.14
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-19 19:07 EDT-0400

:)

CaptWalshua, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Seltxer Win User
    Input lag?

• So I had to install the last fall creator's update because of mandatory security updates. Sometimes I launch tf2 and there's major input lag while other times there isn't. I used to have a solution of reverting to a version before the fall creators update
      but I've tried that recently and I needed to reinstall Windows 10. Another solution was to just restart but I don't want to have to restart my laptop every time I want to play video games. I don't know what's causing the input lag, whether it's because of
      the game or the OS or Logitech Gaming Software (which might not be the issue since I had this issue way before I ever got a logitech mouse). I suspect it's the OS and the fall creator's update. I need a permanent solution to stop this input lag. If anyone
      has one, I would really appreciate it.

Seltxer, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Input Lag in Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Input Lag in Windows 10

1. Input Lag in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Input Lag

2. WhatsApp desktop input lag when installed along with Trellix DLP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp desktop input lag when installed along with Trellix DLP: Hi,I have Trellix DLP solution installed in my laptop. The WhatsApp application will see an immediate spike in CPU usage whenever I open it for use.Here are details of my testing:1. When using the WhatsApp desktop app, specifically when switching between chats, there will be...
  3. WhatsApp desktop input lag when installed along with Trellix DLP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WhatsApp desktop input lag when installed along with Trellix DLP: Hi,I have Trellix DLP solution installed in my laptop. The WhatsApp application will see an immediate spike in CPU usage whenever I open it for use.Here are details of my testing:1. When using the WhatsApp desktop app, specifically when switching between chats, there will be...
  4. WhatsApp desktop input lag when installed along with Trellix DLP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute of playing wirelessly, input lag of about 3 or 4 seconds spike in and out. The...
  9. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute of playing wirelessly, input lag of about 3 or 4 seconds spike in and out. The...
  10. Text input lag / queueing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text input lag / queueing?: I have a brand new HP all in one model 24-cr0337c running Windows 11 23H2 that is having problems with text input on both a barcode reader and the keyboard, but I believe them to be symptoms of the same issue.With the barcode reader, which acts just like a keyboard, scanning...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. input lag in game while using voice chats in windows 10

2. windows 10 input lag

3. windows xp input lag

4. input lag windows 10,
  5. input lag in games after windows 10 update