Windows 10: Input Lag on Keyboard

Discus and support Input Lag on Keyboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I first got my laptop, it was fine, but then I COVID and online classes plus discord with my friends and my keyboard suddenly lags when I play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Space_Fly3454, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Input Lag on Keyboard

When I first got my laptop, it was fine, but then I COVID and online classes plus discord with my friends and my keyboard suddenly lags when I play games. It doesn't matter whether it is bluetooth or not. It renders many games nearly unplayable so any help is appreciated, thanks!

:)

Space_Fly3454, Jan 4, 2021

2. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Keyboard Input Lag

Hello. Ive just recently started having problems with keyboard input lag. Meaning, I will type and it will not register until a full second after I hit the key. I have re-installed java multiple times. Scanned my computer for harmfull virises, programs. Ive switched keyboards, and the problem still occurs. I am at a standstill at what to do and would really appreciate some help. Thank You!

NathanStats, Jan 4, 2021
  4. DFG
    DFG Win User

Input Lag on Keyboard

Keyboard Input Lag During Computer Start

Has anyone had trouble with keyboard input lag when the computer starts? I've tried typing in Chrome and Sticky Notes right after the computer logs in and there is heavy lag between keystroke and the character being displayed. This problem only exists the first 10-20 seconds or so after login and also while i'm alt-tabbed out of GTA V. Afterwards, keyboard input behaves normally. On another computer (not with me at the moment) also running an SSD, I don't remember there being any keyboard input lag in Chrome right after the computer starts.

I've recently done a fresh install of Windows 10 but in my previous Win 8.1 setup, this issue was also present.

Here are my system specs:
    Windows 10
    Asus Sabertooth z77
    i7-3770k
    Samsung 850 Evo
    16gb Vengeance RAM @ 1600 mhz
    GTX 780ti

Thema:

Input Lag on Keyboard

1. Input Lag on Keyboard - Similar Threads - Input Lag Keyboard

2. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  3. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  4. keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard input lag: Recently I've noticed that after using my laptop for a while, my keyboard starts lagging, and only a restart can fix it. I've tried updating my keyboard drivers through device manager since it's built in to my laptop, but that didn't help. Laptop is ROG Flow X16 GV601RW,...
  5. keyboard input lag

keyboard input lag: Recently I've noticed that after using my laptop for a while, my keyboard starts lagging, and only a restart can fix it. I've tried updating my keyboard drivers through device manager since it's built in to my laptop, but that didn't help. Laptop is ROG Flow X16 GV601RW,...
  6. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  7. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  8. Keyboard input lag

9. in game keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in game keyboard input lag: Hi (not sure I am in the correct category but) my name is Zakaria El Aiassi; I have a problem that every time I play a game (like Roblox, Minecraft, fortnite, etc.) when I press WASD it lags to, either receive or stop 'pressing' when I'm not pressing any button. My game...
  10. Keyboard Input Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Input Lag: Hello. Ive just recently started having problems with keyboard input lag. Meaning, I will type and it will not register until a full second after I hit the key. I have re-installed java multiple times. Scanned my computer for harmfull virises, programs. Ive switched...