Windows 10: input lag, or 2nd monitor reduces the fps of the main

Discus and support input lag, or 2nd monitor reduces the fps of the main in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two monitors: 1. Main 2k 144Hz 2. 1080p 60 hertz I have a problem in the form of an imputlag on the main monitor, that is, the picture is not smooth.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IgoSS, May 15, 2021.

1. IgoSS Win User

input lag, or 2nd monitor reduces the fps of the main

Two monitors: 1. Main 2k 144Hz 2. 1080p 60 hertz I have a problem in the form of an imputlag on the main monitor, that is, the picture is not smooth. When I turn on something on the second monitor, a browser, documents, archicad, obs, in general, any application. How is it worth transferring everything to the main monitor or minimizing it. That becomes a perfectly smooth picture. I have reinstalled the operating system, drivers, and more. Nothing helped. Come back win10 last. I am terribly uncomfortable playing because of this bug, please let me know how to fix it or there will

:)

IgoSS, May 15, 2021

2. Major input lag since the latest update playing Overwatch

A week ago I got a windows update. Since then I had my games FPS capped at 60 frames and experiencing enormous input, mouse/monitor latency. I turned off game mode and disabled fullscreen optimalization to remove the FPS cap but I still having major input
    lag peaking at 335 ms lag. This has made be extremely frustrated. I tried updating my drivers and graphic card but nothing has fix this issue.

MoutMahanin, May 15, 2021
  3. Ovenboy Win User
    Reduced FPS on inactive game client

After switching to Windows 10, when I play a game using 2 game clients, the inactive client has a severely reduced FPS. Whichever client has focus would run well at expected FPS. The inactive client would reduce FPS and stutter until made active again.
    I did not have this problem (on the same computer) when running Windows 8.1.

I'm running Intel I7-4790, 16GB RAM DDR3, and NVidia GEForce GT740.

I've experimented with the clients in Windowed vs Full Screen, on the same monitor, on separate monitors, et cetera. I've also had the same experience if I have one game client up and try to stream video from a browser or if I try to stream two videos from
    separate browsers - the inactive client/browser has severely reduced FPS.

Any ideas?

Ovenboy, May 15, 2021
  4. input lag, or 2nd monitor reduces the fps of the main

monitor lags my laptop, adding delay for everything, except my mouse.

Hi! thanks for responding so quickly. It goes up to 60, but for some reason, will not allow me to choose 60, but 59. But that isn't much of a difference, anyway. so i dont think that is the problem. The monitor I am using is a Dell 2408 WFP, if that helps.
    It was also fine when i plugged in my Nintendo switch, no input lag and no lag. I was also able to take an FPS test with a game. When i plugged in the monitor, i get lag, delay, and only 15-20 FPS. When i unplug it, i instantly get 60 FPS, and no lag, or delay.
    Also, it used to work perfectly fine, i dont know why this started happening, it was completley fine before.

JacInTheBox, May 15, 2021
Thema:

input lag, or 2nd monitor reduces the fps of the main

1. input lag, or 2nd monitor reduces the fps of the main - Similar Threads - input lag 2nd

2. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  3. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  4. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to fix Input Lag and Reduce Latency in VALORANT

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Input Lag and Reduce Latency in VALORANT: [ATTACH]If you are experiencing input lag in Valorant, you can try the solutions to fix the problem. When we input our computer, the GPU displays the required output on the screen. Input lag or latency occurs when the computer displays the output a few seconds after the input...
  6. input lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    input lag: When i install windows, mouse feels fine. win10 and 11After about 30~60 minutes, i start getting input lag like extra 40ms.Doesn't matter what i do, it won't go away.It's worse on windows 11.I've tried everything hardware/software/network/EMI/Electricity/windows settings...
  7. 2nd Monitor not receiving input unless its duplicating main display instead of extending it

2nd Monitor not receiving input unless its duplicating main display instead of extending it: Basically what the title says. The main monitor is hdmi plugged directly into the graphics card while 2nd monitor is a usb to vga plugged directly into the motherboard.Drivers are fully updatedI've tried using different ports and a different VGA cable.Any help would be...
  8. Main Monitor Won't Work Without 2nd Monitor Turned On

Main Monitor Won't Work Without 2nd Monitor Turned On: A couple weeks ago I got a free 1080 monitor so I figured I'd hook it up as a 2nd monitor in addition to my 4k monitor. OG monitor is hooked up hdmi through a switcher so I can play ps4 as well. 2nd monitor is hooked up with displayport.All had been working fine until today....
  9. Monitors connect but it duplicates my 2nd monitor and shows it on my main monitor and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitors connect but it duplicates my 2nd monitor and shows it on my main monitor and...: I recenty bougyt a gaming rig and 2 monitors. I have both monitors plugged in a hdmi splitter workingnperfectly fine. But my 2nd monitor is duplicated on my main monitor and has the same resolution on my main monitor which doesnt have the same resolution as my 2nd monitor....
  10. FPS Lag on Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS Lag on Games: Having extremely low FPS on all online games running on Windows 10. Any solutions? 4067