Windows 10: Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.

Discus and support Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use English as a language, but living in Spain I use a Spanish keyboard. (Sometimes I write in Spanish) Every time I turn on my Surface I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristopherColles1, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.

I use English as a language, but living in Spain I use a Spanish keyboard. (Sometimes I write in Spanish)

Every time I turn on my Surface I have to manually change the settings to ENG/ES - ENG being the input language and ES being the keyboard input.

Every time, if I forget, all the passwords are wrong-

How can I set that as default?

:)

ChristopherColles1, Oct 1, 2019
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Can I have a different default input method from the display language

My knowledge of setting it up for Chinese language is limited as I have only done it with European languages. However I don't think it will be much different to European Language (assuming you use standard Roman alphabet keys on a QWERTY keyboard?), where you can add different languages and different keyboards (input) for those languages, depending on what keyboard you're physically typing on.

The settings are in Start > Settings > Time & Language > Region & Language, as follows:

Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default. [​IMG]

Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default. [​IMG]

You will find apps such as the Windows 10 Mail app will spell check what you're typing in the language you have set in the Task Bar. So if the 'Input Indicator' in the Task Bar is set to 'ENG' it will spell check/word suggest in English. If it's set to 'GER' is will spell check/word suggest in German.

ARC1020, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Unable to set keyboard language as default differently from Windows 10 language

Hello,

You can configure your keyboard language by adding it on the default language set on the system. For instructions, follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Open Time & language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Click on the default language, and click Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard, and select the language that you want to add.

We'll wait for the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 1, 2019
  4. pierxiu Win User

Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.

Can I have a different default input method from the display language

I am sorry for my late reply. First thank you for your detail explanation. I have managed to follow the instructions but what I really want is to have a English system but with Chinese Input as default input method. Right now I have to use CTRL+SPACE on each startup. It is not difficult but in long run it does create a little bit inconvenience.

In Windows 7 the input method and system language are separated and I would like to know if I can have similar behavior in Windows 10.

Thank you.

pierxiu, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.

1. Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default. - Similar Threads - Input language keyboard

2. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  3. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  4. How to set different input method which is different from the first language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set different input method which is different from the first language: Hello, I am using windows 11. I installed two language: English and Chinese.I set my default language as English for my windows software are all English.But I always communicate with Chinese, so I hope after starting my computer, the default input method can be Chinese...
  5. How to set different input method which is different from the first language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set different input method which is different from the first language: Hello, I am using windows 11. I installed two language: English and Chinese.I set my default language as English for my windows software are all English.But I always communicate with Chinese, so I hope after starting my computer, the default input method can be Chinese...
  6. Default Language Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Language Keyboard: I'm so fed up with the Default Language Keyboard showed at the right bottom corner of the task bar. I'm living in Canada, but I set up my language is the US keyboard. Every time I restart Windows, Microsoft automatically adds up the Canadian French anf Multilingual keyboards...
  7. Keyboard input language issues.

Keyboard input language issues.: my keyboard now produces é instead of backslash and É instead of question mark How do I repair ***Original Title: Keyboard*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-input-language-issues/50445bf1-de0a-4629-bf99-738c8bd491da
  8. How to set a default keyboard input language for a particular program permanently so that...

How to set a default keyboard input language for a particular program permanently so that...: I need to use English keyboard input layout whenever I type in Visual Studio Code for example. However I use usually different keyboard language layout for other situations. Is it possible to set that anytime I open that program, my default keyboard input language will switch...
  9. How to use English as default input language?

How to use English as default input language?: For window 10 Traditional Chinese version, I would like to know on how to set English as default input language and remove any Chinese input. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  10. Display language and input language differences

Display language and input language differences: Hello I am trying to set my language to English (Germany) but even though it is set correctly in Languages tab, I see English (UK) in Region. How can I get rid of UK? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Best regards...