Windows 10: Input (mic) Stereo Mix (realtek) not picking up sound through Mic

Discus and support Input (mic) Stereo Mix (realtek) not picking up sound through Mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Acer Predator PH315-52 Windows 10 Home 1909 When I have my sound input set to Stereo Mix (realtek) i can pickup and record or broadcast anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dlm, Apr 18, 2020.

1. DLM
    dlm Win User

Input (mic) Stereo Mix (realtek) not picking up sound through Mic

Acer Predator PH315-52
    Windows 10 Home 1909

When I have my sound input set to Stereo Mix (realtek) i can pickup and record or broadcast anything playing internally like youtube or my music files however the external mic wont pick up any sound externally like my voice. Then if I set my input to Microphone Array (realtek) I get the exact opposite result, doesn't pick up internal sound but picks up my external sounds (voice). Any specific settings come to mind to resolve this?

:)

2. PixelFox Win User

Stereo mix [PC audio + mic] without hearing mic?

{Windows10 and realtek drivers}

Hi, i've been searching all day for a solution to this: i already set up stereo mix, and i know how to recive audio from pc and mic, the problem is that when i configure this way [enabling listening mic trough the default audio device], i listen myself trough the headphones/speakers, whatever im using to listen.
    Any solution to avoid this happen?

i already tried disabling the "pink input" and the mic from the speaker levels tab, but doesnt work, i still listening it...

Input (mic) Stereo Mix (realtek) not picking up sound through Mic AgHwL.png

PixelFox, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Silverel Win User

Mic Problems

Sounds like your mic is set to receive stereo mix as the input. I used to do that to stream music into vent channels. Check your Windows Sound settings. There should be options for front mic, rear mic, stereo mix when everything is plugged in. Stereo mix grabs whatever sound is coming from you PC as well as your mic.

If that doesn't fix you up, then what version of Windows are you running, sound card, sound drivers, etc..?

Silverel, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Input (mic) Stereo Mix (realtek) not picking up sound through Mic - Similar Threads - Input mic Stereo

2. STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND: Hi I have recently got a new desktop gaming pc, I use 2 pcs to record gameplay via elgato and every pc before this I never had a issue with stereo mix NOT working, I have reinstalled drivers twice and reseat to defaults multiple times and stereo mix will not pick up audio...
  3. STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND: Hi I have recently got a new desktop gaming pc, I use 2 pcs to record gameplay via elgato and every pc before this I never had a issue with stereo mix NOT working, I have reinstalled drivers twice and reseat to defaults multiple times and stereo mix will not pick up audio...
  4. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix not picking up sound: I've been trying to get stereo mix working on my windows 10 computer and it exists in the panel but it wont pick up any sound. I tried enabling and disabling other devices, adjusting levels, unplugging and plugging in headphones, cameras, microphones ext. as advised by...
  5. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not picking up sound: I've been trying to get stereo mix working on my windows 10 computer and it exists in the panel but it wont pick up any sound. I tried enabling and disabling other devices, adjusting levels, unplugging and plugging in headphones, cameras, microphones ext. as advised by...
  6. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sound picking up mic and stereo mix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound picking up mic and stereo mix: hi! A few days ago people started hearing my stereo mix as well as my normal mic on Discord, i recorder on windows recorder to test it, and i hear indeed both sounds. I have Stereo mix disabled, and all other options i could find, but it is still doing it. I have a Hyperx...
  8. Realtek mic picking up output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek mic picking up output: For some reason realtek took a liking to my output sounds and felt the need to pick it up. It's annoying especially during calls. I deactivated stereomix, switched both splitter and headset, set communication settings to mute and activated splitting on the console. My mobo is...
  9. Mic isn't picking up sound

Mic isn't picking up sound: Hello, I've recently received an Alienware computer, at first I had a problem with it not finding my headset microphone. After troubleshooting and help I got it to find my microphone on the headset. However, it is not picking up any sound at all....
  10. Stereo mix not picking up any sound

Stereo mix not picking up any sound: After clearing two google pages of google forum posts it has became clear to me that this is a very common problem, but the common fixes aren't working for me. I want to use stereo mix to output my sound to two different headsets simultaneously, by using "listen to device" on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone barely picks up sound

2. mic picking up sound when muted