Windows 10: input muting problems when using a usb device...

Discus and support input muting problems when using a usb device... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I hook my notepad 12fx up and sometimes it will work but when I want to use the internal microphone to talk online etc... NO audio? what is going on? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelMentzer2, Dec 9, 2020.

1. input muting problems when using a usb device...

I hook my notepad 12fx up and sometimes it will work but when I want to use the internal microphone to talk online etc... NO audio? what is going on? I am running a stripped down windows 10 no office etc,,, on an HP laptop w/ 8gig ram and an AMD A-6 2.6gig processor on a 64 bit system, 256 ssd....

:)

MichaelMentzer2, Dec 9, 2020

2. Microphone usb audio codec goes to mute on its own

I have a Dell Inspiron 5748, 2GHz Intel Core i7-451U running Win 10 Home (x64) Ver 1607 (build 14393.693). I wish to obtain audio from an external source via USB to USB cable. I can go to Device Manager and see the USB Mic and un-mute it and increase slider and all is well with the world, it works. But, within 20-25 seconds, that mic input changes to "mute" and everything goes away. I can un-mute as many times as I want but it always (on it's own) goes back to the "mute" condition.
    Any suggestions? Dan

DangerousDan, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Touchscreen unresponsive unless I remove the USB Input device driver

Hi Ben,

We want to know more about the issue that you're experiencing. Please provide us the following information:

• What USB input device are connected to your tablet when this issue with the touch screen is happening?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far to fix this issue?
    • Have you tried using your device without the USB input device?

Regards.

Michael Tal, Dec 9, 2020
  4. input muting problems when using a usb device...

What is causing the USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone input to mute?

I have a Dell Inspiron N7010 laptop, running the most current version of Windows 10 Ver 1709, OS Build 16299.64, patches are up to date. I am having trouble with recording records from my Numark TTi turntable through a USB port. It worked fine before
    replacing the hard drive and installing the software. I have set the recording input volume settings for USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone and turned it on. Set the recording level to 75%. I have set it to default.
    When I play a record, after 10 seconds to 2 minutes it mutes and sets the recording level to 0.

Restart EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records for 30 seconds or less. Input mutes, volume goes to 0.

Right click on speaker icon. Double click on Microphone – USB Audio CODEC.

Select Properties. Levels tab. Unmute speaker, set volume level to 75. Select OK

Microphone – USB Audio CODEC is the Default recording device.

Restart EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records for 30 seconds or less. Input mutes, volume goes to 0.

Happens without fail.

What is causing the USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone input to mute?

I have the default format set to 1 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz.

I have a Lenovo laptop with the same Windows version, works fine.

Windows 10 Version 1709, USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone mutes by itself when receiving a signal.

USB Audio CODEC driver: Microsoft, 9/28/2017 V 10.0.16299.15

Says Best Drivers for that device are installed.

Dell system analysis says all drivers are current.

Dell support assist says all systems are functional.

Microsoft Troubleshooter – Recording Audio

Troubleshooter un-muted the USB Audio CODEC. Did not reset the level above 0.

I reset the level to 75. Started the turntable, mute was back on. Level was at 0.

Uninstalled the driver. Shutdown, restart.

Start EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records. Then mutes itself.

Generic USB Audio.

Daniel Palmaymesa, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

input muting problems when using a usb device...

1. input muting problems when using a usb device... - Similar Threads - input muting problems

2. Why is sound output muted when input is detected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is sound output muted when input is detected?: I'm trying to use a USB Sound Card to output a tone while looking for a sound input. I see that when the input function is selected, the output tone is muted. Is there some device configuration that is causing this?...
  3. Why is sound output muted when input is detected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is sound output muted when input is detected?: I'm trying to use a USB Sound Card to output a tone while looking for a sound input. I see that when the input function is selected, the output tone is muted. Is there some device configuration that is causing this?...
  4. Audio problems when using headset's input and output simultaneously.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio problems when using headset's input and output simultaneously.: I recently bought myself a laptop to use for college. It has been great - it has lived up to my expectations bar one thing: it's audio consistency.Whenever I plug in my wireless headset and use both it's speakers and microphone at the same time eg. calling with friends all...
  5. Using the volume wheel on my keyboard mutes my input audio device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using the volume wheel on my keyboard mutes my input audio device: I have a Lenovo laptop and an acer keyboard that I hook up to it. The keyboard has a volume wheel, and whenever I adjust the wheel it mutes my input audio device. The device is called "internal microphone conexant 20751 SmartAudio HD. There's no display that shows me this, I...
  6. Using 2 Input Devices Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using 2 Input Devices Simultaneously: I am using a surface pro with video capture software, I am looking to have 2 people use separate headsets to speak for the video. When I go to my input settings it only allows me to select one. Is this possible to do?...
  7. Computer sound input is muted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer sound input is muted: Why did sound reception mute? George https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sound-input-is-muted/974bbcdc-ca6d-4985-8bc5-d525321edbad
  8. Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input

Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input: I plugged in a USB turntable but the only input where I get sound is the MICROPHONE input. I changed it's input to 24bit Stereo and clicked LISTEN, so I can now hear the sound. Unfortunately the internal microphone is still on so I'm getting lots of echo. I've turned off...
  9. How to mute audio when changing device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to mute audio when changing device?: Hi, I've got a Windows 10 laptop, with a Thunderbolt docking station, with a USB speaker phone plugged in. Whenever I dock or un-dock, the I have to mute the audio again, which is frustrating. Otherwise I get the "new hardware" beeping for the various USB devices plugged...
  10. Mouse detected as USB Input Device

Mouse detected as USB Input Device: My wired optical mouse is detected first as unknown device and later gets detected as USB Input Device; I have a TOSHIBA Sattelite S40Dt-A with an upgraded Windows from 8 to 10. Any help?...