Windows 10: Input not supported, but the resolution and refresh are correct...

Discus and support Input not supported, but the resolution and refresh are correct... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So, I bought a 1080p DP to DisplayPort adapter so that I could use my Acer monitor on my 2070 super. When I first plugged it in, it worked fine, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JacksDeformity, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Input not supported, but the resolution and refresh are correct...

So, I bought a 1080p DP to DisplayPort adapter so that I could use my Acer monitor on my 2070 super. When I first plugged it in, it worked fine, but the resolution looked weird compared to my other monitors so I changed it and it worked fine until i booted up my PC today. Two monitors work fine, but the new one has a black screen, with a floating blue box that says "input not supported"
    After doing some research, I found out that changing the resolution is what caused the problem.
    Ive tried changing the resolution back, and Ive tried changing the refresh rate, none of which worked.
    I even went into my Geforce settings to try and fix it there, to no avail.
    I also tried booting into safe mode, but then it only detects my main monitor
    Im at a loss. I have no idea how to fix this, and I could really use my 3rd monitor...
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Winver: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804)

- - - Updated - - -

Its actually a Dodocool 1080p DP DisplayPort Male to VGA Female Converter Adapter Cable

:)

JacksDeformity, Mar 12, 2021
  2. RWOne Win User

Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

One of two possibilities:

1. Driver is still not correct, as you don't have the listed resolution to go to recommended for that monitor. If it is using a driver win 10 installed and not the manufacturer, then you need to try the manufacturer driver, list the display driver from device manager and we can go from there.

2. Card in PC (Is it a card, or integrated mainboard graphics?) doesn't support that resolution, hence driver not listing it, etc.

Other possibility - what does the system show for the monitor listed in device manager?

RWOne, Mar 12, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    New DELL XPS resolution too high cant see settings

What is the make and model number of your monitor?

How do you have it connected to the new Dell? VGA (15 pin D connector), DVI, HDMI?

Does your monitor have multiple input types? If so, there may be a button on the monitor that allows you to step through the inputs until you find the correct one. (That would mean that you don't have a resolution/refresh rate problem.)

bobkn, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Input not supported, but the resolution and refresh are correct...

current input timing is not supported

Hi,

Following up on your concern about the error The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1366x768@60 Hz or any other monitor listed time as per the monitor specifications. How did
    it go after trying DaveM121's suggestion?

Erika Aro, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Input not supported, but the resolution and refresh are correct...

1. Input not supported, but the resolution and refresh are correct... - Similar Threads - Input supported resolution

2. Input not supported problem due to the change of refresh rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input not supported problem due to the change of refresh rate: I mistakenly change the refresh rate of 60 Hz to 120 Hz. I didn't check that my monitor will support it or not. Now it shows me a black screen with ' Input not supported ' box I want to just fix it...
  3. Input not supported problem due to the change of refresh rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input not supported problem due to the change of refresh rate: I mistakenly change the refresh rate of 60 Hz to 120 Hz. I didn't check that my monitor will support it or not. Now it shows me a black screen with ' Input not supported ' box I want to just fix it...
  4. Input not supported problem due to the change of refresh rate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. input not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    input not supported: hey guys pls i need help i just bought new gigabyte gtx 1650 have hdmi port im using hdmi/vga adapter bcs my monitor have only vga port when i put my gpu on my pc turn the pc on it show on my monitor input not supported but before it works on my friend hdmi tv with 1920x1080...
  6. Input not supported

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Input not supported: I was trying to fix my already messed up windows computer freezing on startup constantly. Something i changed however now males my monitor say input not supported. Ive tried hitting delete to get onto bios, nothing. Ive tried tapping f8 to get into safe mode on start up,...
  7. Input not support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Input not support: i bought a new second monitor and it just duplicates my primary display with a box going around saying 'input not support' Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/input-not-support/a3da25ba-e4f4-4ece-a52e-9ced79f4651a
  8. Resolution & Refresh rate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution & Refresh rate: Some time ago I purchased a MINIX Z83-4 mini computer which comes with Win 10 64bit preloaded, The reason I got this was that when viewing films via Kodi on an Android box the quality of the picture was never that good. I'm not talking about the colour or clarity, I'm...
  9. Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported"

Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported": I installed Windows 10 and found some apps did not fit the monitor screen (too big). I went in and changed the monitor resolution to a larger size (windows recommended 1920 x 1080) but I tried something larger, and now the monitor has a black screen with a little box moving...
  10. Input not supported

Input not supported: Hey everyone, everytime I restart or boot up my PC with my monitors turned on first I always get a issue with the monitor connected to the HDMI port, it always says "Input not supported" and all I do is turn my monitor off then back on and the issue has been resolved,...