Windows 10: "Input not supported" error while trying to install W10

Discus and support "Input not supported" error while trying to install W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home on a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 790 system. I am using a 1 Tb Western Digital HD on which I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JZiegler1953, Sep 16, 2018.

1. "Input not supported" error while trying to install W10

I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home on a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 790 system. I am using a 1 Tb Western Digital HD on which I did a complete format before attempting to install from a purchased factory OEM CD.

To this point, I can't get far enough into the set up and installation to do anything within Windows, but I still get the bouncing gray box on a black screen with the "Input Not Supported" message.

I have tried changing the monitor setting from it's internal menu, but have not been able to find a setting that Windows seems to like.

Anyone have any suggestions...?

:)

JZiegler1953, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Erika Aro Win User

current input timing is not supported

Hi,

Following up on your concern about the error The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1366x768@60 Hz or any other monitor listed time as per the monitor specifications. How did
    it go after trying DaveM121's suggestion?

Erika Aro, Sep 16, 2018
  3. x01r Win User
    atioglxx.dll OpenGL Error ! "Input not supported" error while trying to install W10 :(

*** errors in the installer !!!

* manuel make *

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Catalyst 9.9 Hotfix for Windows XP Professional and Home Edition

ati.com/drivers/hotfix/9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

( install *Smile "Input not supported" error while trying to install W10 :) )

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_86849\atioglxx.dl_

( X:\....\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_ ,,,, \atioglxx.dl_ )

( ReName *Smile "Input not supported" error while trying to install W10 :) )

atioglxx.dl_ -> atioglxx.dll

( Move *Smile "Input not supported" error while trying to install W10 :) )

atioglxx.dll -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

restart PC ! OK *Smile "Input not supported" error while trying to install W10 :)

ATi OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) No-Errors ! *Big Grin "Input not supported" error while trying to install W10 :D

4. zithe Win User

"Input not supported" error while trying to install W10

Linux Noob - Ubuntu fails on install GRUB error 2

Did you burn the image on the slowest setting possible? Pop your disc in and try checking the disc for errors (booting from the disc). If it has an error on it then you have a bad install.

I just googled your motherboard and ubuntu... This thread is on the list. XD

If it's a bad install I'd suggest a different version of Ubuntu or to try Fedora instead. I had nothing but trouble with 8.04.

Also, try your connections. Sounds stupid but maybe the CD sent it and the hard drive couldn't get it or some weird thing like that. (Talking out my rear end now, but it's worth a shot)

Sorry I couldn't help more. *Frown "Input not supported" error while trying to install W10 :(

zithe, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

"Input not supported" error while trying to install W10

1. "Input not supported" error while trying to install W10 - Similar Threads - Input supported error

2. input not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    input not supported: hey guys pls i need help i just bought new gigabyte gtx 1650 have hdmi port im using hdmi/vga adapter bcs my monitor have only vga port when i put my gpu on my pc turn the pc on it show on my monitor input not supported but before it works on my friend hdmi tv with 1920x1080...
  3. input not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    input not supported: hey guys pls i need help i just bought new gigabyte gtx 1650 have hdmi port im using hdmi/vga adapter bcs my monitor have only vga port when i put my gpu on my pc turn the pc on it show on my monitor input not supported but before it works on my friend hdmi tv with 1920x1080...
  4. Input not supported error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input not supported error: Hi,My monitor is Acer KA242Y and when my PC is booted into Windows 11, everything is working fine. Also when I boot my PC, I should see the AsRock logo on my monitor and then the computer should boot into Windows. However, my monitor does not show the AsRock logo and instead...
  5. Input not supported error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input not supported error: Hi,My monitor is Acer KA242Y and when my PC is booted into Windows 11, everything is working fine. Also when I boot my PC, I should see the AsRock logo on my monitor and then the computer should boot into Windows. However, my monitor does not show the AsRock logo and instead...
  6. Input Not Supported

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input Not Supported: My desktop has been working fine but one night it just started to glitch. I have tried and looked for possible solutions for this matter like checking the monitor itself and the cables for possible issue however I found none. My brother tried to change the screen resolution...
  7. Input not supported

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Input not supported: I was trying to fix my already messed up windows computer freezing on startup constantly. Something i changed however now males my monitor say input not supported. Ive tried hitting delete to get onto bios, nothing. Ive tried tapping f8 to get into safe mode on start up,...
  8. Input not support error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Input not support error: Every time I update windows , after the update ends , my screen turn black and says " Input not support" ,, what can I do to prevent this to happen again ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-not-support-error/bbd4c118-b36a-4e6f-a449-6f635444abed
  9. Input not support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Input not support: i bought a new second monitor and it just duplicates my primary display with a box going around saying 'input not support' Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/input-not-support/a3da25ba-e4f4-4ece-a52e-9ced79f4651a
  10. Input not supported

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Input not supported: Hey everyone, everytime I restart or boot up my PC with my monitors turned on first I always get a issue with the monitor connected to the HDMI port, it always says "Input not supported" and all I do is turn my monitor off then back on and the issue has been resolved,...