Windows 10: Inputs have disappeared

Discus and support Inputs have disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I run a line 6 POD into my computer to record. It allows me to lay down some guitar tracks on the fly using toon tracks and acid 7.. not exactly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kevguitar, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Kevguitar Win User

Inputs have disappeared

I run a line 6 POD into my computer to record. It allows me to lay down some guitar tracks on the fly using toon tracks and acid 7.. not exactly cutting edge but it works for me. My issue is this.. for the last 3 years I ran the guitar into my front mini jack 3.5 MM never an issue last week it just stopped working. It shows the icon as not plugged in. There is nothing different from the last 3 years. I use a quarter jack out to a 3.5 and boom I'm recording on my computer but no more. I've uninstalled reinstalled my drivers are up to date I even tried to install realtek audio manager. I get all but the exe file to run it. Like I said it's not seeing my inputs it lets me still use the out for speakers but even that I have to reassign after every boot up... what's up with this all of a sudden?

Thanks

:)

Kevguitar, Apr 7, 2020

2. Input Panel has disappeared for existing files

Forget about the steps I've outlined above. I though the Input icon had disappeared from the Settings folder. Have you tried a restart of your device?

Linley Meslier, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Inputs have disappeared

The input indicator disappears randomly.

Hi,

I realize your concern and will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

This issue might have occurred if there are any
    Tune-Up Utilities, Optimizers and Registry cleaners.

To assist you better on the issue, I request to provide information on the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to the system prior to this issue?

• Have you installed any third party security software on the system?
    However I suggest you to turn Off the Input Indicator from the
    Turn System Icons On or off and restart the system and check if it helps:

• Press Windows logo + X keys and open control panel.

• On the top right corner of the window choose
      large icons under category.

• Select Language and go to
      Advanced settings on the left pane.

• Uncheck on the option
      Use the desktop language bar when it’s available
      under Switching input methods to turn it off.

• Restart the system and turn it on again.

Kindly get back to us if you still have concerns with input indicator. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Inputs have disappeared

1. Inputs have disappeared - Similar Threads - Inputs disappeared

2. My cursor disappeared when was moved into some input area in some apps after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor disappeared when was moved into some input area in some apps after update: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 24H2 Installed on ‎4/‎9/‎2024 OS build 26120.461 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26100.6.0 When my cursor moved into Chrome or Edge's url bar, or VScode's any coding area, it would disappear first and then after about 5 seconds...
  3. My cursor disappeared when was moved into some input area in some apps after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cursor disappeared when was moved into some input area in some apps after update: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 24H2 Installed on ‎4/‎9/‎2024 OS build 26120.461 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26100.6.0 When my cursor moved into Chrome or Edge's url bar, or VScode's any coding area, it would disappear first and then after about 5 seconds...
  4. How do I make my unwanted input methods disappear from the list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my unwanted input methods disappear from the list?: I have Chinese and English in my language list, Chinese of which are Microsoft Pinyin IME and Sogou Wubi IME, I want Sogou Wubi IME to disappear from the list without uninstalling it, because I do not use it however, there are other users who use it....
  5. How do I make my unwanted input methods disappear from the list?

How do I make my unwanted input methods disappear from the list?: I have Chinese and English in my language list, Chinese of which are Microsoft Pinyin IME and Sogou Wubi IME, I want Sogou Wubi IME to disappear from the list without uninstalling it, because I do not use it however, there are other users who use it....
  6. audio input disappearing an reappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio input disappearing an reappearing: I'm having this problem with my audio for a while now, and I know it has to do with my audio input, because the headphones im using work perfectly fine on my laptop and the lights on them work even though the audio input doesnt show. I've found that it works in certain...
  7. audio input disappearing an reappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio input disappearing an reappearing: I'm having this problem with my audio for a while now, and I know it has to do with my audio input, because the headphones im using work perfectly fine on my laptop and the lights on them work even though the audio input doesnt show. I've found that it works in certain...
  8. audio input disappearing an reappearing

9. The LINE INPUT has disappeared after a WINDOWS 10 update.... its not the drivers what has...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The LINE INPUT has disappeared after a WINDOWS 10 update.... its not the drivers what has...: The LINE INPUT has disappeared after a WINDOWS 10 update.... its not he drivers what has happened ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-line-input-has-disappeared-after-a-windows-10/19e2d1dc-f49a-4398-b5e7-179edf7ca35a
  10. Input Indicator disappears everytime I reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Indicator disappears everytime I reboot: Hi, After OS reinstall, I have a tiny, but annoying problem. The keyboard input indicator: [img] in the taskbar disappears after every reboot. Also, I cannot change the input method by the appropriate keyboard shortcut. To clarify: I'm able to display it by changing the...