Windows 10: inquiry about dual booting win10 and osx on seperate drives

Discus and support inquiry about dual booting win10 and osx on seperate drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Its my understanding this is much easier (even though i'd prefer the same drive) my set up is convoluted and complicated however. This is due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klepp0906, Aug 24, 2016.

1. klepp0906 Win User

inquiry about dual booting win10 and osx on seperate drives

Its my understanding this is much easier (even though i'd prefer the same drive)

my set up is convoluted and complicated however. This is due to both my ssd drives being in raid 0 and having windows instealled on them, and my data hdd's are also in raid 0 but have nothing installed on them.

Ideally what i'd like to do is use the ssd's for osx as well and be done with it - however since from the reading ive done, that basically isnt going to happen without nixing my windows install - it leaves me with the data drives.

Unfortunately the data drives are not only slower (hdd vs ssd) but HUGE in comparison. 4tb vs 500gb.

What im here to ask is, does a way exist to partition a chunk (maybe 25%) off of my hdd array and use it for osx, while keeping the remainder intact within windows 10 to use for data/storage/backup etc?

if so how?

tooootally new territory for me inquiry about dual booting win10 and osx on seperate drives :p

:)

klepp0906, Aug 24, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Dual Booting on Win10-64 with Win10-32 on seperate hard drives - goes corrupt every time inquiry about dual booting win10 and osx on seperate drives :(

Hello,

To help resolve your concern, kindly post your query to
    TechNet forums
    for better assistance.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Aug 24, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Be aware that installing an Apple OS on non Apple hardware is a violation of Apple's EULA. If you want to run OSX it is best to buy a Mac.

LMiller7, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

1. inquiry about dual booting win10 and osx on seperate drives - Similar Threads - inquiry dual booting

2. Inquiries about updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inquiries about updates: Good day!I would like to ask what benefits would I get when I decided to accept the driver updates that was presented to me with the three options given, Intel-SoftwareComponent, Intel Corporation and Intel - System? And if you are to chose what would be the best for my...
  3. Win10 Dual Boot Different Hard Drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Dual Boot Different Hard Drives?: Hi all, I have two seperate SSDs and I would like to install two seperate win10 for dual boot. I do not want to parition part of one hard drive and have both windows on one ssd. Ive tried searching but can only find articles on dual boot seperate ssd with Windows and linux....
  4. Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 dual boot: Hey there I want some help with my dual boot.i have windows 10 and windows xp installed in my laptop and I want to see the boot choice menu before windows 10 load.Now windows 10 is loading first and give me the choice of Os,for that reason if I choose windows xp my laptop...
  5. Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's: Hi all, I am sure that this has been asked a thousand times but I am new here so please bear with me. Th problem I have is that I loaded Win 10 on a separate HDD went to dual boot. The computer stared then it carried out a scan disk and happily deleted all the files needed...
  6. Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot

Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot: Bought a new computer with windows 10 installed, but my work from home job requires windows 7. I don't want to get rid of windows 10, as I will need it for other things, so I'm trying to install windows 7 onto a separate partition so that I can dual boot between the two. I...
  7. Dual booting on seperate hard drives?

Dual booting on seperate hard drives?: Not sure where this was supposed to go sorry in advance, I want to dual boot windows 7 and windows 10 on 2 seperate hard drives is it possible? 16808
  8. Dual booting with 2 seperate hard drives

Dual booting with 2 seperate hard drives: Hi, have hp laptop in which I have installed seperately 2 hard drive which runs Windows 10 Proff. And Windows 7 Proff. These have to be installed to the same bay, independently, when they will be recognised. Recently I obtained another dvd drive bay in which I installed the...
  9. Dual boot windows 10 and 7 on seperate drives

Dual boot windows 10 and 7 on seperate drives: I want to set up a dual boot system with windows 10 and 7. I have both already installed on separate drives in my desktop system and was wondering if it is still possible to set up a dual boot. Now I just switch boot priority in BIOS, but sometimes when I start up 7 it wants...
  10. How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX

How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX: I want to dual boot my PC which has a pre installed windows 10 with mac OSX. I have only one HDD. I have searched many forums and sites but was not able to find any suitable help. Please help me out. 26021