Windows 10: inquiry on edge browser's sync policy key

Discus and support inquiry on edge browser's sync policy key in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; in this screenshot which part is the sync policy key? I highlighted one section. [img] 79229 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pathfinder, Mar 11, 2017.

1. inquiry on edge browser's sync policy key

in this screenshot which part is the sync policy key? I highlighted one section.

inquiry on edge browser's sync policy key [​IMG]

:)

Pathfinder, Mar 11, 2017
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Export Favorites from Edge to IE11 in the same computer

Hi Miriam,

Alongside all the new features and improvements included in the Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft Edge introduces a new policy that allows you to maintain favorites in sync between Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Kindly follow the troubleshooting
    steps provided below:

Keep favorites synced between Edge and IE using Group Policy

• Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
    • Type gpedit.msc and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Browse the following path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Edge.
    • On the right, double-click the Keep favorites in sync between Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge policy.
    • Select Enabled.
    • Click OK.

Once you've completed the steps, you can test the changes by opening Internet Explorer and adding some new favorites, and then open Microsoft Edge, verify that your favorites are syncing in the Favorites section inside of Hub.

Initially, it might take a few minutes for this to work, but if it's not working, restart your computer, and double-check that bookmarks are syncing.

At any time, you can revert the changes by using the same steps, but on step No. 5 make sure to select the Not Configured option.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to “mark it as an answer” to help those who are facing the same problem.

Rose Ter, Mar 11, 2017
  3. How to get Cortana to use Edge rather than IE?

Cortana has always found answers to my inquiries from Edge, my current browser, for as long as I've had Edge. But now, all of the sudden, Cortana retrieves answers from Internet Explorer anytime I ask something. It's very annoying. How can I make Cortana
    go back to using Edge ?

Note: Cortana only does this if I type my inquiry. When I ask, "Hey Cortana.....?" It responds with Edge.

JesseBisping, Mar 11, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

inquiry on edge browser's sync policy key

@Pathfinder

Malcolm, I seem to have more sub-keys than you do. This is what mine looks like, and it's set to "1".

I don't know if you're actually missing some keys, or your setup (version, build, home/pro, 32/64) is normal for this. Sorry, maybe someone more familiar with Edge and the whole syncing issue could help. But here's mine, FWIW.......

f14tomcat, Mar 12, 2017
  5. oh! thx so much for reply. here is spec of system, partial screenshot.. wonder why iam missing sync policy section hmm

Pathfinder, Mar 12, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    @Pathfinder

Malcolm, you've had a series of issues with Edge and a corrupt user account in the past. You've posted before about your MS account being messed up at times. What I've been seeing may point to your account. Gruesome as it sounds, you might have to get down dirty and start a few things over.....like your account and maybe a clean install. Last thing you want to hear, I know. I really wish somebody familiar with Edge and why it's not happy would post something. You've gone thru this several times.

Take a look here. Might shed some light. TC

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-229c690d9d9c

f14tomcat, Mar 12, 2017
  7. AndreTen Win User
    And another thread on TechNet, Malcolm. They say basically the same: SyncPolicy have to be set to 1 as the picture from TC shows.

One thing... think you have to be logged on with mail account to sync settings across devices. Not sure thou *Smile

AndreTen, Mar 12, 2017
  8. inquiry on edge browser's sync policy key

I tried to reinstall edge using powershell cmd..but it claimed it doesn't recognize the path etc etc.. and now another problem cropped up, I go to users, appdata , local, packages..and looked for edge folder, but its not there!
    . you have to have a good laugh at edge's glitches. maybe if I do another reset of pc, all this would of cleared up..i don't mind resetting .. hmmm

Pathfinder, Mar 12, 2017
  9. lx07 Win User
    Re-installing Edge (and Xbox) are much more difficult than other apps as they are integrated into system so much.

You could do a repair install but that will not help if Appdata is corrupt. Try making another user account and see if that helps.

Reset would work but you may as well wait a couple of weeks and clean install the creators update.

10. hi! as of now, user acct option is frozen. amazingly, I did have user acct corrupted recently and fixed it..and yesterday had another incident involving acct and temp acct access etc.. I think another clean reinstall would be best choice. lets see..ive done a total of 3 reset pc methods in last 2 months.

Pathfinder, Mar 12, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    @Pathfinder

Malcolm, what @lx07 is saying, and I've said before, a fresh start (not Reset) can go a long way to curing your ills. The ISO may not be available for a while when Creators comes out, I really don't know. But, if you take the latest OFFICIAL MS ISO and clean install, pretty it up, get it smooth, and back it up...... you will have a solid base for the Creators update. Creators will come down first as an update thru Windows Update. Please keep all that in mind. You've got about a month or so to get it all put in place.

f14tomcat, Mar 12, 2017
  12. hi! thx for replies. earlier after a program couldn't close properly..it was last straw..so I did a clean reinstall. so all known problems has been fixed. its a normal process for me these days..resetting pc. I'm good. cheers.

Pathfinder, Mar 13, 2017
  13. f14tomcat Win User

Good, Malcolm! back it up......... *Smile

f14tomcat, Mar 13, 2017
  14. and surprisingly edge is acting normally! what the? i just wished vista still had support..vista was the best. as for backup, id better do it maybe within a few days. because i dont allow restore points to be created, as they take up space

Pathfinder, Mar 15, 2017
  15. lx07 Win User
    Don't panic! It will soon be back to normal - just give it a bit of time..... Mine works for between a couple of days and a couple of weeks before it breaks and I have to delete INetCache from another account.

It seems more stable in recent insider builds, but then I always seem to think that. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Just as well as restoring them doesn't work anyway *Wink

System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091

Thema:

1. inquiry on edge browser's sync policy key - Similar Threads - inquiry edge browser's

2. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  3. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  4. How to enable or disable Reset Sync in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Reset Sync in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable Reset Sync […] This article How to enable or disable Reset Sync in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: In comparison with other browsers like chrome, firefox...your browser is very very slow. Interestingly its fine on android but on pcs literally testing patience. Tested clearing browsing history....still no luck. Why should I use it at all...
  6. History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser: What does history and open tab sync actually mean? It is not available now but does it mean the history won't be synced if I log in to another computer using microsoft account? Do the bookmarks, and extensions installed from edge store and chrome store in edge browser...
  7. How to manage Data Sync on the new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage Data Sync on the new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Four years after launching Edge browser, they Microsoft has rebuilt it on the Chromium engine. The browser seems to be smooth at working and does not show any sign on instability as of now. In fact, many have started to [...] This post How to manage Data...
  8. inquiry on edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    inquiry on edge browser: its a long story but I lost edge browser program..can I get it back without paying for it? I'm using default, IE which is still painfully slow loading. 75811
  9. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: hi all,I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a while ago.I can get the start menu ok but cant get the edge browser or cortona.When I click on edge it comes on for a few seconds then leaves the screen.Anybody got any ideas why?Your help would be very much appreciated....
  10. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765