Windows 10: Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500

Discus and support Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,I'm facing a very weird issue with Dell XPS 15 9500 with battery discharge. When I got my laptop, the battery backup was perfect close to 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aronish87, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Aronish87 Win User

Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500

Hi all,I'm facing a very weird issue with Dell XPS 15 9500 with battery discharge. When I got my laptop, the battery backup was perfect close to 10 hours but after 2-3 months of use, it came down to just 2-3 hours. I researched a lot on driver updates, BIOS updates, Dell Power management systems, limiting services and what not but the issue still remains. I thought it might be Windows 10 messing up with ACPI drivers so I upgraded to Windows 11 as well but no improvements.I installed Battery Bar to monitor and found out that my laptop is discharging 24-27W on idle, if I start using any applicat

:)

Aronish87, Jan 13, 2022

2. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

Yes go for the appropriate 512 GB or 1 TB M.2 SSD that suits your needs.

You have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop.
    --- What is the original battery part number and the replacement part number?
    Look on the battery itself and also in the battery compartment for that information.

In my post #3
    Dell xps 15 9550 specifications are designed for 56 WHr or 84 WHr.
    https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/a...uide_en-us.pdf
    --- Check it out in the battery section.

In your post #14 "But for the 2nd link that is what im not sure of. Because even though they sell the 97whr, from the manual someone mentioned, 9550 only works with 56wh and the 84wh. But some ppl on forums said they put a 97wh battery that i believe is a 9560 battery into the 9550 and it works. So because of that, thats why im curious because having a 97wh over 84wh battery is obviously a bit better."
    --- That's fine for those who have been successful at it but compare the power ratings of your system to what a 97 Whr Capacity requires.
    --- I wouldn't consider one w/o finding out first from Dell and ask them about applicable information.

In each one of the recommendations of the various posts, the applicable battery part number(s) are included.

On this one, you can also have it verify the compatibility for your laptop.
    New Dell OEM Original XPS 15 (9550) / Precision 15 (5510) 6-Cell 84Wh Extended Battery - 4GVGH
    New Dell OEM Original XPS 15 9550 Precision Battery 4GVGH
    --- Dell Part Number/SKU: 4GVGH

EDIT
    I just found the Dell Precision 5510 Owner's Manual and it lists only 56 WHr or 84 WHr also just like your Dell OEM Original XPS 15 (9550)
    Maybe there's hope for your laptop for 97wh battery after all.
    I recommend you call the Dell parts store and get the information you need to know.

MeAndMyComputer, Jan 13, 2022
  3. mccnavy Win User
    Dell XPS 9500 Settings

Hello...I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 9500 with both Intel and Nvidia graphics. Except when I open Nvidia Control Panel and click the image settings I see 0 activity from the discrete Nvidia card (1650Ti). Even then it moves 1 - 2%. Is this normal behavior or should I see more of a balance between the on-processor (Intel UHD) and Nvidia graphics? I assume if I changed from Auto to high performance discrete in Nvidia Control panel that might work...but probably kill battery, correct?

mccnavy, Jan 13, 2022
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500 - Similar Threads - Insane Battery discharge

2. Maximum level of battery in dell xps 15 9530

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum level of battery in dell xps 15 9530: Is it possible to set the maximum level of battery during the charging in the Dell XPS 15 9530?If yes how can I set the limit?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-level-of-battery-in-dell-xps-15-9530/c7d66be2-4bc5-4fd0-ad37-70718e41b94a
  3. Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500: I'm getting volmgr 45 error on my pc,When i checking error details, it says error volume2 parttion on hdd. It was getting this error on my pc running Windows 10 pro, I updated pc to Windows 11 pro. but this same error going on. I searched many topic on internet but not fixed...
  4. Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500

Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500: I'm getting volmgr 45 error on my pc,When i checking error details, it says error volume2 parttion on hdd. It was getting this error on my pc running Windows 10 pro, I updated pc to Windows 11 pro. but this same error going on. I searched many topic on internet but not fixed...
  5. Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.: Hello, I have recently gotten myself a XPS 15 9500 and have been experiencing some issues with it.When I first unboxed it, I was met with a headphone jack that wouldn't work unless I reset a driver every time I restarted, or put to sleep my computer, or unplugged my...
  6. Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.

Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.: Hello, I have recently gotten myself a XPS 15 9500 and have been experiencing some issues with it.When I first unboxed it, I was met with a headphone jack that wouldn't work unless I reset a driver every time I restarted, or put to sleep my computer, or unplugged my...
  7. Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500: Hi all,I'm facing a very weird issue with Dell XPS 15 9500 with battery discharge. When I got my laptop, the battery backup was perfect close to 10 hours but after 2-3 months of use, it came down to just 2-3 hours. I researched a lot on driver updates, BIOS updates, Dell...
  8. Dell XPS 9500 Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell XPS 9500 Settings: Hello...I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 9500 with both Intel and Nvidia graphics. Except when I open Nvidia Control Panel and click the image settings I see 0 activity from the discrete Nvidia card (1650Ti). Even then it moves 1 - 2%. Is this normal behavior or should I see...
  9. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  10. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...