Windows 10: Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates

Discus and support Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OS: Win 10 1803 (17134.191) MSI Z170 GTX 960 I5-6600k SSD Samsung 850 (stock or OC does not matter for the proposed problem) A year ago I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates

MSI Z170

GTX 960

I5-6600k

SSD Samsung 850

(stock or OC does not matter for the proposed problem)

A year ago I had the problem that my PC would not shut down - resulting in a clean installation that was guided by a senior advisor from this forum. Since then everything ran really well!

Now after installing Windows updates (I have an eye on KB4340917) something really bad happened. Windows UI, Chrome, FL studio and virtually all games suffer from tremendeous stuttering, everything just makes the impression of imploding. Scrolling is a stutterfest now no matter where.

Im speaking big stutters, those who **** the eyes a lot. Linux runs fine though, no stuttering! Also some games do not stutter, like SCP secret laboratory while others look like having the same problems, periodic stuttering

This does not change even when switching graphics drivers (uninstalled trough DDU) to the current one windows is using, or the newest available. Chipset etc it'**** all updated. Virtually all firmware is updated.

Now, I am really hoping for a fix since stuttering on Windows 10 has gotten worse over the last months and was sometimes better with certain NVidia drivers etc now all of a sudden it'**** unbearable.

The thing is, I cannot everytime a windows update breaks my PC do a complete clean install.

Please if you need a certain log or other information, I will make it available

:)

MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Aug 13, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates

1. Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates - Similar Threads - Insane lag sluggishness

2. INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite!!!: I've been playing fortnite for a while now and everything has been going great, but suddenly my PC gets random fps drops and The Ping spikes from 25-500 for no reason, I've tried factory resetting my PC, Updating Drivers, and changing power plans but nothing seems to work ill...
  3. INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite!!!: I've been playing fortnite for a while now and everything has been going great, but suddenly my PC gets random fps drops and The Ping spikes from 25-500 for no reason, I've tried factory resetting my PC, Updating Drivers, and changing power plans but nothing seems to work ill...
  4. insane Lag when an Update is available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    insane Lag when an Update is available: i run windows 11 on my pc, and whenever there is an update available, my pc starts struggling and drops to below 1 fps, making it super hard to do anything. is there a solution to this?...
  5. insane Lag when an Update is available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    insane Lag when an Update is available: i run windows 11 on my pc, and whenever there is an update available, my pc starts struggling and drops to below 1 fps, making it super hard to do anything. is there a solution to this?...
  6. Computer is sluggish after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer is sluggish after Windows 10 updates: This happens pretty regularly. When my computer installs a Windows 10 update the last one being 2 days ago my computer runs a little sluggish for a few days afterwards. This seems to happen after just about every update. My browser runs a little slower, my email outlook...
  7. after update to windows 10 v1809 insane input lag

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    after update to windows 10 v1809 insane input lag: Hey, i had recently update to windows 1809 and after that my nvidia drivers wasn't launching and i couldn't uninstall them, i uninstalled them afterall with ddu and performed clean install to latest drivers. Now i have insane input lag, that my games are unplayable. I read a...
  8. Sluggish PC after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Sluggish PC after the anniversary update: First post here so hello to everyone out there *Smile I have a budget tablet with low end specs which was working fine, even with its limitations. It's a Chuwi Hi12 Tablet (windows 10 and Android 5.1 dual boot). Since the update it's sluggish, frame dropping, Edge freezes,...
  9. Sluggish windows after gaming

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish windows after gaming: It only seems to happen after I've played Forza Horizon 3 along with the Xbox app. Playing Tom Clancy's Wildlands does not have the same effect. Drop boxes, context menus, and the icon box on the lower right corner appear empty. Windows sometimes open with only an...
  10. Strange sluggish performance after update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange sluggish performance after update.: After the last major Windows update, I've started to experience abrnomally slow response for several basic Windows actions. The system will hang there for 5-10 or even 30+ seconds before the action is performed. Here are some examples: Clicking to highlight a file, folder,...