Windows 10: insert disc problem

Discus and support insert disc problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft community, after few windows 10 updates, my cd/dvd-drive stopped read compact disks. everytime I physically inserting cd/dvd - it says:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by konradsz1, Oct 17, 2020.

1. konradsz1 Win User

insert disc problem

Hi Microsoft community,

after few windows 10 updates, my cd/dvd-drive stopped read compact disks.
    everytime I physically inserting cd/dvd - it says: 'please insert disc into DVD RW Drivee:'

I tried advices like:
    insert disc
    additionally I unninstalled/installed drivers, checked safe mode, checked computer management, checked blank/non-blank CD/DVD's, I runned diagnostic F12 - all test are passed.

and nothing is working.
    what should I do?

my laptop:
    dell insipron 3521/intel i3 1.8ghz/4gb RAM
    drive: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N

:)

konradsz1, Oct 17, 2020

2. "Insert a disc" error

Thank you for updating us. For better assistance regarding the "Insert a disc" error that you are experiencing, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried inserting the CD/DVD to another computer?
    • Have you tried inserting a different CD/DVD to your computer?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 17, 2020
  4. insert disc problem

In Windows 10 the DVD/cd drive keeps telling me to insert a disc and rejects the disc. What could be the problem please?

Hello Ray,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Since when this started to happen?
    • Did you make any changes to your device?
    • Did you try inserting and ejecting the Disc?
    • What is the exact error message you're getting?
    Suggest you to check restarting your computer once, to see if it makes any difference. Do check by inserting and ejecting the disc, to see if it fix the issue. If problem still persist, then execute below troubleshooting steps.

a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b) Spot and expand the “DVD/CD-ROM drives”.

c). Right click on the driver and select “Update Driver Software”. When it prompts to choose an option
    How do you want to search driver, then go with Search automatically for updated driver software.
    If you have a driver available on your PC, then select Browse my computer for driver software,
    then select the appropriate location, where the driver located on your PC for updating it. (Ensure that PC is connected to Internet while performing this step)

d). Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed. If it doesn't fix the issue, then Right click on the same driver and select “Uninstall” then restart the system and let the system install
    the driver automatically on Start. Check and see if it resolve the issue. (Recommended step)

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

insert disc problem

1. insert disc problem - Similar Threads - insert disc problem

2. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  3. "Please insert a disc into drive E"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Please insert a disc into drive E": I have tried to get my laptop DVD/CD to read any disk to no avail. I tried several of the suggestions in a thread to 2015, no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive. The system says the drive is working properly. Put in a disk, the disk spins, then "Please...
  4. Flight Sim 2020 insert disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Sim 2020 insert disc: I've download flight sim 2020 from the 10 discs for the deluxe version, however it's asking me to insert disk when starting the program, please advise, thanks in advance....
  5. Flight simulator insert a disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight simulator insert a disc: Have had plenty of problems with msfs 20 and now i get a message asking me to insert a microsoft flight simulator game disc even though it is a digital version!!! please help me solve this problem! Thanks...
  6. Insert game disc for FS2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insert game disc for FS2020: I installed FS2020 a few day after release from the store. All was working well until 28-9-20. Now I am asked to insert the disc which I do not possess. I have followed the suggestion in other threads by uninstalling the Digital Ownership and reinstalling. This did not work....
  7. Flight simulator please insert disc???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight simulator please insert disc???: I purchased MSFS202 from Microsoft Store and install was no problem. When I attempt to start Sim offline no wifi connection it asks me to insert disc. No problem starting if I’m connected to wifi...only when I’m not connected. I’ve re-downloaded/installed the ownership file...
  8. Please insert a blank disc?

Please insert a blank disc?: Hi, Can anyone please help me? Whenever I put a blank cd rw into the disc drive to burn a cd I get the error message, 'Please insert a blank disc'. The computer just rejects the cd rw. Does anyone have a solution for this? Many thanks....
  9. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.: For a while now, ive been witnessing this issue. If i insert a cd, Windows can read it. If i insert a DVD It spins then stops then says "Please insert a cd" opening the drive in the process, tried uninstalling it, got nothing. Tried cleaning the disc nothing. The drive is a...
  10. Please insert disc error message

Please insert disc error message: I keep getting an eror message when I insert windows 7 professional on windows 10 internal dvdrw player. I have the same problem on my laptop but on my brothers pc It works soundly so cant send it back. I know this is a windows ten forum but since its windows 10 i have...