Windows 10: Insert game disc for FS2020

Discus and support Insert game disc for FS2020 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed FS2020 a few day after release from the store. All was working well until 28-9-20. Now I am asked to insert the disc which I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by stephengow2, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Insert game disc for FS2020

I installed FS2020 a few day after release from the store. All was working well until 28-9-20. Now I am asked to insert the disc which I do not possess.

I have followed the suggestion in other threads by uninstalling the Digital Ownership and reinstalling. This did not work.

I have tried restarting the store installer, nothing.

I have an ethernet and WiFi connections so that should not be a problem.

Is there any other suggestions I can try? Thanks.

:)

stephengow2, Sep 28, 2020

2. "Insert a disc" error

Thank you for updating us. For better assistance regarding the "Insert a disc" error that you are experiencing, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried inserting the CD/DVD to another computer?
    • Have you tried inserting a different CD/DVD to your computer?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 28, 2020
  3. FS2020 updates

Tried your suggestions, Greg. No change. Troubleshooter doesn't find a problem. Nothing to update in the hub - says the FS2020 update was 8/13 (which seems odd) but the simulator didn't show up under apps like all the others that come with Windows 10.

FS2020 only shows up under All Owned in the Store App where the only option is to launch it.

Could this be a left-over from the original install??

John

johnbartucci, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Insert game disc for FS2020

Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Insert game disc for FS2020

1. Insert game disc for FS2020 - Similar Threads - Insert game disc

2. Flight Simulator 2020 Please insert game disc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 Please insert game disc.: Game is asking for disc to be installed at startup even though it is digital edition. Have tried to delete digital ownership folder as suggested in other threads but I cannot as this folder is owned by SYSTEM and I cannot change ownership. Thankyou MS. Any suggestions...
  3. FS2020 disc Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2020 disc Install: Well that's me finally giving up. 3 days of following all the suggestions and no flying. New computer as well. I'm just going to wait for people more cleverer than me to sort it out. Anyone else?...
  4. Flight simulator insert a disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight simulator insert a disc: Have had plenty of problems with msfs 20 and now i get a message asking me to insert a microsoft flight simulator game disc even though it is a digital version!!! please help me solve this problem! Thanks...
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator please insert game disc yazısı

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator please insert game disc yazısı: Xbox game pass üzerinden aldığım Microsoft Flight Simulator giriş ekranında please insert game disc yazısı yüznden oynamamı engelliyor online olarak indirmenin yolu yok mu ?...
  6. insert disc problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    insert disc problem: Hi Microsoft community, after few windows 10 updates, my cd/dvd-drive stopped read compact disks. everytime I physically inserting cd/dvd - it says: 'please insert disc into DVD RW Drivee:' I tried advices like: insert disc additionally I unninstalled/installed drivers,...
  7. Flight simulator please insert disc???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight simulator please insert disc???: I purchased MSFS202 from Microsoft Store and install was no problem. When I attempt to start Sim offline no wifi connection it asks me to insert disc. No problem starting if I’m connected to wifi...only when I’m not connected. I’ve re-downloaded/installed the ownership file...
  8. Fs2020 game reporter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fs2020 game reporter: The game alway jump off without any warming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fs2020-game-reporter/0a0a99d9-a712-4c60-8ae7-bbf5216265a5
  9. Please insert a blank disc?

Please insert a blank disc?: Hi, Can anyone please help me? Whenever I put a blank cd rw into the disc drive to burn a cd I get the error message, 'Please insert a blank disc'. The computer just rejects the cd rw. Does anyone have a solution for this? Many thanks....
  10. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.: For a while now, ive been witnessing this issue. If i insert a cd, Windows can read it. If i insert a DVD It spins then stops then says "Please insert a cd" opening the drive in the process, tried uninstalling it, got nothing. Tried cleaning the disc nothing. The drive is a...