Windows 10: Insert key has stopped working after recent updates

Discus and support Insert key has stopped working after recent updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or an Edge issue, as I've updated both in just the last couple of weeks. But on all three of my computers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amsuco, Jul 10, 2020.

1. amsuco Win User

Insert key has stopped working after recent updates

I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or an Edge issue, as I've updated both in just the last couple of weeks. But on all three of my computers, the "insert" key has stopped toggling. I WAS able to type over characters. Now I'm forced to type in the new text and then go back and delete what I don't want. Is anybody else suffering from this? Does anybody have a fix? Thanks!

Ron

:)

amsuco, Jul 10, 2020

2. Left Control Key Stopped Working After Windows Update

Hi - I am facing an issue for the past few days after updating Windows 10(auto-update). Left Control key in Notebook keypad stopped working after the update and I have tried many steps suggested in various forums. None has worked so far, so hoping for some
    help here. Below are the steps I have already tried:

1. Update Keyboard Driver

2. Uninstall keyboard driver

3. Complete any pending Windows update

4. Make English US the default language & remove others.

All these were suggested in various forums which have worked for others but none of these have solved the issue for me.

Sachin87GR, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Toggle keys stopped working after Windows 10 update

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the toggle keys stopped working after the update. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when the toggle option is turned off in the settings page.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Access Settings from Start Menu.
    • From Settings, click
      Ease of Access.
    • Select Keyboard from the options.
    • Cast a glance at the right pane of Keyboard. you can see
      Toggle Keys option with a slider.
    • Switch the slider to On mode and activate the feature.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Insert key has stopped working after recent updates

The "a" key has stopped working on my keyboard

Hi,

Keyboard issues might have been caused by an incompatible driver. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using other external keyboard?
    • When was the last time that you are able to use your keyboard key properly?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC settings prior to this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Insert key has stopped working after recent updates

1. Insert key has stopped working after recent updates - Similar Threads - Insert key has

2. Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update: Keyboard has stopped responding with the recent windows update and I have tried to uninstall the keyboard driver and I have let the windows to reinstall during the new start, but still the issue persists , not sure how to proceed further on this and w.r.t. hardware I am not...
  3. Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update: Keyboard has stopped responding with the recent windows update and I have tried to uninstall the keyboard driver and I have let the windows to reinstall during the new start, but still the issue persists , not sure how to proceed further on this and w.r.t. hardware I am not...
  4. Programs Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update: After a recent Windows 10 update my Kodi media player and my 4DO emulator for 3DO games will no longer open up like they always did before. I get error Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0. Apparently this has something to do with .net framework not working correctly, but I ran...
  5. Keyboard and mice stopped working after the recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mice stopped working after the recent update: Title. My keyboard and mice stopped working once I restarted the pc. The lights turns on the keyboard and mouse but won’t register anything, please help. submitted by /u/azndkflush [link] [comments]...
  6. Insert key not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insert key not working: When I press the Insert key on my laptop in apps that make use of the Insert key, nothing happens. For instance in Freeplane, pressing the Insert key is supposed to create a child node on a mind map, but it doesn't work. I have also tried to use the Insert key in Freemind and...
  7. Insert key not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Insert key not working: Yesterday, for the first time since I bought my laptop, I needed to use the Insert key (it says "Einfg" instead of "Ins" because I bought it from Germany). I tried it in two applications Freemind and Freeplane, in both of which it is supposed to create a child node on a mind...
  8. Windows key has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key has stopped working: I have a problem with the Windows key no longer working on my daughter’s new Windows 10 laptop. If I press the key, nothing happens. I know it’s not the key itself because if I restore the entire hard drive from a Macrium Reflect image, it works perfectly. The only trouble...
  9. HDMI has stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI has stopped working after update: My HDMI out to my tv has stopped working since a windows update installed. It has happened before but this time I can not resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-has-stopped-working-after-update/17b2c201-1d54-40f4-87f7-dd83be32d329
  10. A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working: A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-recent-windows-update-has-stopped-my-dvd-from/29a798a0-d10b-474b-b3e7-c19a7ebf4252