Windows 10: Insert key puts pc to sleep and wakes it up all of the sudden?

Discus and support Insert key puts pc to sleep and wakes it up all of the sudden? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; INSERT key on keyboard puts PC to sleep and wakes it up, Never use to be like this and It's kind of annoying, how can i fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NicholasAlejandre, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Insert key puts pc to sleep and wakes it up all of the sudden?

INSERT key on keyboard puts PC to sleep and wakes it up, Never use to be like this and It's kind of annoying, how can i fix it?

:)

NicholasAlejandre, Feb 22, 2021

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan.

I'm "assuming" this is related to Windows Hello.

Any suggestions?

If i say sleep, i want the pc to sleep!

-Thanks

***Modified title from: Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode***

Consultboy, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Insert key puts pc to sleep and wakes it up all of the sudden?

PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the PC is waking from sleep mode as soon as you set it for sleep mode.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to find out that the issue is due to the wireless mouse and keyboard you are using.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the power management tab for the driver and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Expand the Keyboard and Mouse drivers.
    4. Double-click on the drivers and click on Power Management tab.
    5. Un-check the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer.
    6. Click on OK and close the device manager.

Try putting the PC to sleep mode and then check if the PC is waking up automatically.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Insert key puts pc to sleep and wakes it up all of the sudden?

1. Insert key puts pc to sleep and wakes it up all of the sudden? - Similar Threads - Insert key puts

2. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  3. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  4. Wake Up Task won't work if PC put into sleep mode manually

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wake Up Task won't work if PC put into sleep mode manually: Many times I use a keyboard shortcut I made to manually put my PC to sleep if I know I'm done with it for the day. The CMD embedded in the shortcut is the popular:C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState sleep.It works, no problem. The thing is I have a...
  5. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  6. Pc wakes up when put to sleep or takes 5 mins or so to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc wakes up when put to sleep or takes 5 mins or so to sleep: So last week my pc was working fine when I put it to sleep. However, my keyboard and monitor go to sleep right away now, but my pc stays on, then monitor turns on but stays on a dark screen, and then takes 5 minutes to sleep completely. Anyone know how to fix it? I already...
  7. PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode

PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode: So recently decided to join the 1440p gang, now rockin' a 3-monitor setup. Awesome stuff, except that I can't fully enjoy it as whenever I put my PC in power saving mode and try to wake it up, the power goes on and... nothing. No response from kb/m, nothing happens if I...
  8. My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep

My pc wakes up immediately after getting put to sleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Henlo_Friend [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvbmjk/my_pc_wakes_up_immediately_after_getting_put_to/
  9. Windows not waking up after being put to sleep

Windows not waking up after being put to sleep: Hi all, Wondered if you could help. I have a few laptops after the in place upgrade to 1909. When they are not used for a period they go to sleep. But they don’t wake up. You have to hold Down the power button to force them to turn off. Bios update and other driver updates...
  10. All of a sudden Alt+F1 is putting Windows to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All of a sudden Alt+F1 is putting Windows to sleep: I usually use Fn+F1 to put Windows 10 to sleep, but I was in a program that I normally use Alt+F1 in and it put Windows to sleep! It's never done that before and I don't know why. Can anyone help me restore Alt+F1 to just do nothing, except in programs where it's used?...