Windows 10: Insert multiple objects at once ?

Discus and support Insert multiple objects at once ? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Dear Experts Using Microsoft office 2016 What I have been doing at work as per their instructions (Yes i am familiar with insert --> illustration -->... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by zillah, Dec 25, 2020.

1. zillah Win User

Insert multiple objects at once ?

Dear Experts

Using Microsoft office 2016 What I have been doing at work as per their instructions (Yes i am familiar with insert --> illustration --> Pictures) :-

to insert a picture into an excel document :

Text ribbon --> Object --> Then create from file --> Browse --> Select photo and Click the option where is says : Display as icon

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

My question is there a way I can inserts more than one pictures in one go ?

Thx

:)

zillah, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Oto_ Win User

Unable to insert COM object as picture

In Windows 10 I am unable to insert object as picture. It shows only icon.

To reproduce the issue:

1. Open for example wordpad or any other application which supports object embedding.
    2. Choose insert object.
    3. choose insert from file
    4. Choose any jpeg picture.
    5. File is inserted but shows as icon only. This is regression from Windows 7 as previously it was possible to insert directly as picture.

Workaround is to insert Paintbrush object then open image and copy paste in paintbrush but it is very inconvienent. It seems the crappy Microsoft Photos app is interfering with this but not sure how to uninstall it.

3. DaveM121 Win User
    Unable to insert COM object as picture

Hi Oto_

If you are using Wordpad, why are you choosing to Inset Object, if it is an image you want to insert into your document, why are you not just choosing to Insert Picture?

DaveM121, Dec 25, 2020
  4. ste2425 Win User

ordering two lists of objects

I have a list of of object 'build'

Code: public class build { public Int32 id { get; set; } public string number { get; set; } public string status { get; set; } public string buildTypeId { get; set; } public string branchName { get; set; } public string startDate { get; set; } public string href { get; set; } }[/quote] Which im sorting into two lists according to the buildTypeId then ordering according to the build number(property number) by

Code: var finish = BuildList.Where(y => y.buildTypeId == "bt11").OrderBy(x => x.number); var start = BuildList.Where(y => y.buildTypeId == "bt19").OrderBy(x => x.number);[/quote] build number is unique to the build im pulling the start and finish info on. So in each start and finish list build number will not be duplicated and its how i ensure i get the matching start and finish build object. Trouble is if a build failed it wont have a matching finish object or if the build is currently in progress when i get the initial data. Which means i have a start list smaller then the finish list and the two lists don't match up.

What i want to do next but not sure how is order both lists so they match, ie index 0 of both have the same build number then index 1 have the same build number etc down the list. which will work with the .OrderBy(x => x.number). However when there is no matching finish object with that number id like to insert a default build object Instead and its this bit im struggling with. Im competent with LINQ but not enough to solve this last bit, is it even possible with LINQ?

EDIT: DAM sorry this happens every bloody time, I think I may have found a possible solution .FirstOrDefault() Still looking into it but it seems good so far. It was the one Google link I didn't click on. I wouldn't mind but ive used in the past too and completely forgot.

Thanks everybody

ste2425, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Insert multiple objects at once ? - Similar Threads - Insert multiple objects

2. Rename multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rename multiple files at once: Greetings,I have the following situation:I need to rename a lot really a lot of files, that were named without using any standard. So, I am doing this manually, but it is taking too much time. So, I would like to know if there is any tool that I could use to help me on...
  3. Rename multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename multiple files at once: Greetings,I have the following situation:I need to rename a lot really a lot of files, that were named without using any standard. So, I am doing this manually, but it is taking too much time. So, I would like to know if there is any tool that I could use to help me on...
  4. Rename multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Create multiple shortcuts at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create multiple shortcuts at once: I have many thousands of image files. Many of which need to be in several different folders for organisation. Rather than copy these and clog up my storage I have chosen to use shortcuts in any extra folders a file may need to appear in. My issue is this is an insanely timely...
  6. Renaming multiple files at once.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming multiple files at once.: Hi Team,Is there a way to change the format in which multiple renaming is done?For example if i select 3 files and hit rename, currently it does them like this:"xx 1.yy""xx 2.yy""xx 3.yy"In my daily work it would help a lot if instead the renaming would be done like...
  7. Renaming multiple files at once.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming multiple files at once.: Hi Team,Is there a way to change the format in which multiple renaming is done?For example if i select 3 files and hit rename, currently it does them like this:"xx 1.yy""xx 2.yy""xx 3.yy"In my daily work it would help a lot if instead the renaming would be done like...
  8. Unable to insert COM object as picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to insert COM object as picture: In Windows 10 I am unable to insert object as picture. It shows only icon. To reproduce the issue: Open for example wordpad or any other application which supports object embedding. Choose insert object. choose insert from file Choose any jpeg picture. File is inserted...
  9. Viewing multiple jpgs at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing multiple jpgs at once: In windows 7 I could click on one jpg and it would open with options to open all jpgs in the one screen. That doesn't happen in windows 10. I can only see one jpg at a time. I can select Extra Large Icons to view all files in the folder but that's not the same. It shows non...
  10. Pressing multiple keys at once

in Windows 10 Support
    Pressing multiple keys at once: Hi, I've had this problem since I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10: When I play a game, like Team Fortress 2, I use Z, Q, S and D to run. However, when I press multiple buttons at once, like Z and D to run forward and to the right, the problem occurs (also when I'm not...