Windows 10: Insert smartcard bug in windows 10 HOME edition gpedit.msc not working

Discus and support Insert smartcard bug in windows 10 HOME edition gpedit.msc not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I now also have the smartcard bug annoying me, I've searched the net and found the gpedit messages. Problem is that this doesn't work on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DimitriDe Meyer, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Insert smartcard bug in windows 10 HOME edition gpedit.msc not working

Hello,

I now also have the smartcard bug annoying me, I've searched the net and found the gpedit messages.

Problem is that this doesn't work on the windows 10 Home edition. So I need a workaround for home edition from Microsoft.

It's too crazy that this happens on a home edition without the option to fix it.

Please help and yes I am 100 % sure that gpedit.msc is not working on the home edition.

Thank you for your help.

:)

DimitriDe Meyer, Apr 14, 2020
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Apr 14, 2020
  3. how do i get gpedit for windows 10

Here are two options:

• Upgrade Windows to at least the professional version.
    • Use the backdoor method described
      here
      . Whether it will survive an Automatic Update I do not know.

Frederik Long, Apr 14, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

Insert smartcard bug in windows 10 HOME edition gpedit.msc not working

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Insert smartcard bug in windows 10 HOME edition gpedit.msc not working

1. Insert smartcard bug in windows 10 HOME edition gpedit.msc not working - Similar Threads - Insert smartcard bug

2. Windows 11 home edition Defender bitlocker bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home edition Defender bitlocker bug: Hello. I have a Brand new lenovo idelcenter 5I Windows 11 22H2 Home Edition that is up to date. I tried to run a Microsoft Defender Antivirus scan offline scan and it asked for a recovery key. This should not be happening....
  3. Windows 11 home edition Defender bitlocker bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 home edition Defender bitlocker bug: Hello. I have a Brand new lenovo idelcenter 5I Windows 11 22H2 Home Edition that is up to date. I tried to run a Microsoft Defender Antivirus scan offline scan and it asked for a recovery key. This should not be happening....
  4. VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition: Hi Recently i have install vmware player in my system. i have also add linux vertual machine. but when i have try to open vartual machine then below error is come.Error while powering on: Virtualized performance counters require at least one available functioning counter....
  5. VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition: Hi Recently i have install vmware player in my system. i have also add linux vertual machine. but when i have try to open vartual machine then below error is come.Error while powering on: Virtualized performance counters require at least one available functioning counter....
  6. GPEDIT For Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPEDIT For Win 10 Home: Hi,.......I've installed GPEDIT.MSC for Win 10 (20H2) . When I open software settings it is empty. I wonder if this is the way it is supposed to be? I used the bat file attached and ran as an administrator. [img] Thanks 177115
  7. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?: ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and added my .bat script in there. For some reason it won't execute the script when i shutdown my pc. I think is because i have win10...
  8. Certificate Propagation Service crashes after inserting smartcard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certificate Propagation Service crashes after inserting smartcard: I have a smartcard which holds 2 certificates, one RSA and one ECC certificate. On inserting the smartcard, if the Certificate Propagation Service (CertPropSvc) is running, it will import the RSA certificate successfully into the Personal store, and then crash. The ECC...
  9. Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home: Hello I followed the guide below to enable group policy editor on Windows 10 Home https://www.itechtics.com/easily-ena...-home-edition/ Basically, it says to use a .bat file to get Group Policy Editor running. Now, I'd like to disable or undo what that .bat does. I've...
  10. Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home: I have installed this program: How to Enable (gpedit.msc) in Home and Starter Editions of Windows 7 and Later - AskVG on my Windows 8.1 home machine. Now i would like to back up the gpedit settings before installing windows 10, because windows 10 seems to be a kind of fresh...