Windows 10: Insert/type over

Discus and support Insert/type over in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My keyboard does not have a designated key for Insert/Typeover. The key following f12 is printed with ins/prt sc however I can't get the insert to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NevadaFog, May 15, 2019 at 12:17 PM.

1. NevadaFog Win User

Insert/type over

My keyboard does not have a designated key for Insert/Typeover. The key following f12 is printed with ins/prt sc however I can't get the insert to operate. What options do I have?

:)

2. RVer88 Win User

Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment

Did all of the steps you suggested and the drop down list still does not show "insert comment" HOWEVER when I select "new note" from the dropdown list, it works the same as "insert comment". I think the engineers changed the title. Also at the top
    of the excel screen is a field "tell me what you want to do"; if you type in insert comment, the insert comment window comes up and looks exactly like the window when you select "new note". As you suggested, I will send feedback to the engineers. Thank
    you for your help.

3. SD card inserted into PC doesn't do anything

Hi,

We may need to do further investigation to identify the issue and its cause. Please provide us the following information:

• Have you tried inserting or connecting other SD cards?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to insert the SD card, or when trying to connect the camera? If so, please send us a screenshot.
    • Are you getting any error messages in Device Manager? Please send us a screenshot.

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. You may refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it turns out.

4. Insert/type over

Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Thema:

Insert/type over

1. Insert/type over - Similar Threads - Insert type

2. inserting images from various directories

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    inserting images from various directories: Whenever I want to insert a picture windows always chooses "Local Disk" from my directory tree. Is there a way to change this to "Pictures" or one of "Pictures" subdirectories so that I don't always have to click on "Pictures" and the subdirectory when I want to insert a...
  3. BSOD on inserting External HDD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on inserting External HDD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hey guys I started experiencing this problem a few days back. The computer shows BSOD after inserting external HDD with security code KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. After restarting the device with HDD plugged in, the HDD works normally. But the BSOD shows again on...
  4. How to add particular insert to post.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add particular insert to post.: This may be a dumb question, but I've tried to figure out how to do the following. [img] 132246
  5. Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink: Steps to Reproduce: 1. Install MS office and configure Outlook. 2. Type some text- lets say- Prashant Dhasmana. 3. Select the text and right click and select - Hyperlink. 4. Now, navigate to the browser using "Alt+tab" key- to copy the url you want to paste on that...
  6. New Insertable Icons in Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    New Insertable Icons in Office 365: We’re here today with another example of how the feedback you provide directly impacts the development of Office! When we first added Icons to Office, we got tons of great feedback that people loved them! You used them to add visual flare to your documents and...
  7. Please insert a blank disc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please insert a blank disc?: Hi, Can anyone please help me? Whenever I put a blank cd rw into the disc drive to burn a cd I get the error message, 'Please insert a blank disc'. The computer just rejects the cd rw. Does anyone have a solution for this? Many thanks....
  8. How do I transfer a document to a Flash drive inserted in a USB slot?

How do I transfer a document to a Flash drive inserted in a USB slot?: How to transfer a document or file to a flash drive device inserted in a USB slot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-a-document-to-a-flash-drive/0c549824-0c5d-4476-8ad9-4e1d8ba8d4a8
  9. How's that Equation Editor inserts bullet operator instead of dot oper

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How's that Equation Editor inserts bullet operator instead of dot oper: Hi. Cambria Math being the only one font availabe for equations is pretty annoying if you need to keep your document consistent and you are using the standard Times New Roman font. So I installed XITS Math and now I can use that one as well. I installed it because it's pretty...
  10. Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...

Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...: OS version 1809, build 17763.437 (i.e. up to date) The only odd thing I've done regarding the system, is that I installed the Apple super drive driver (and nothing else) from the Bootcamp software. I subsequently uninstalled it, but the system remained being able to read...