Windows 10: Inserted USB stick on Suspend; burned out USB

Discus and support Inserted USB stick on Suspend; burned out USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a perfectly fine laptop in front of me. It fell asleep while I was doing something. Without thinking I inserted a usb stick and turned it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paul1149, Nov 4, 2018.

1. paul1149 Win User

Inserted USB stick on Suspend; burned out USB

I had a perfectly fine laptop in front of me. It fell asleep while I was doing something. Without thinking I inserted a usb stick and turned it back on. Touchpad gone. USB port gone.

The USB ports on the other side of the unit are working. One is 3.0, one is 2.0.

I tried booting to a windows install stick, and the touchpad is absent there as well. I tried turning off usb 3.0 in UEFI, no difference. I tried uninstalling the touchpad and the AMD USB controller and rebooting. I removed the battery and tried a power drain. Nothing.

This looks like a hardware issue. It looks like a simple mistake has fried one of the usb circuits on the MB?

:)

paul1149, Nov 4, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 4, 2018
  3. how to burn and iso to usb stick Windows10

how to burn and iso to usb stick Windows10

Arthur Larson, Nov 4, 2018
  4. Niarod Win User

Need help. want to create bootable win7 64bit iso with usb-stick (using 32bit xp)

Look, like i already wrote i think try to hit F8/F12 after POST (with your usb stick inserted), to have the boot devices list and select the usb stick!
    Let know!

Niarod, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Inserted USB stick on Suspend; burned out USB - Similar Threads - Inserted USB stick

2. usb stick error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb stick error: Hello.I have a usb that works fine until know.I have two usb one san disk and one trancend.I create with each of them sync files using a software called opure sync.I do not remeber the letter of it's usb but probably because i have at the same time both of them connect to my...
  3. usb stick abnormalities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb stick abnormalities: I have 2 usb connected to pc.I checked and see both chdsks are ok.One 7gig FAT usb Active ,primary partitionSandisk 8 gig FAT usb primary partitionso my question is -why is the sandisk 8 gig -not Active ??? I tried changing the usbs in their socket- same reading just...
  4. Can a external usb hub burn out/ruin a usb port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can a external usb hub burn out/ruin a usb port: Hi, i have a laptop with three usb ports, one does not work, and it has not for a while. So i baught a cheap little sebranti think thats the brand, not sure external usb hubunpowered for some new external hdd/ssd cases that are currently on their way. The question is, if i...
  5. No auto USB insert

No auto USB insert: When I insert my USB there is no automatic showing of any files. I have tried everything on Web and nobody has the answer. I know all about "auto play" and have tried that all to no avail. Olease any ideas ? Thanks Ron 151562
  6. No auto USB insert

in Windows 10 Support
    No auto USB insert: When I insert my USB there is no automatic showing of any files. I have tried everything on Web and nobody has the answer. I know all about "auto play" and have tried that all to no avail. Olease any ideas ? Thanks Ron 151562
  7. USB stick not showing

USB stick not showing: I unplugged my USB as normal and it now doesnt show on the documents. It shows in disk management but not anywhere else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stick-not-showing/f9e68365-a15d-4fe7-b5e8-9aebfdf3941b
  8. USB Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Selective Suspend: I've got an issue with selective suspend of a thermal printer in Windows 10 and I can't seem to find anywhere that specifically states the length of time Windows will wait. Any chance there's a simple answer for this? I'm able to disable it entirely, but it seems weird that...
  9. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...
  10. USB Stick is not recognized

USB Stick is not recognized: I have a 16GB USB stick. It had the ISO file of Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Today I "Wiped" it using MiniTool Parttion Wizard. Subsequently it was "Formatted" using the same tool. Now I have Windows 10 Creators Update in my Laptop. However, Window Explorer does not...