Windows 10: Inserting cd opens Microsoft store. Only folders on CDs visible. files hidden. No start for...

Discus and support Inserting cd opens Microsoft store. Only folders on CDs visible. files hidden. No start for... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I uploaded a program from the Microsoft store in order to view a film cd I had brought from Italy, Since then I have the following problems 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jo LynneLockley, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Inserting cd opens Microsoft store. Only folders on CDs visible. files hidden. No start for...

I uploaded a program from the Microsoft store in order to view a film cd I had brought from Italy,
    Since then I have the following problems
    1 inserting any disk in the CD opens the Microsoft store, There is no way around it.
    2 opening the CD in file explorer, including the one I watched yesterday, shows only the folders and not the contents. There is no apparent way to run installation files.
    This is particularly important for me as a failed update eventually forced a Windows reinstall, which removed all of my programs. I have spent a week so far reinstalling them.
    Please do not suggest returning to a previous point, as this is what completely corrupted the system after the update, as I know now, replaced device specific drivers with generic windows versions, in two cases disabling devices.
    Thank you.

:)

Jo LynneLockley, Mar 12, 2021
  2. WylECyote Win User

Autoplay is set on to open folder, but nothing happens when a CD is inserted

As many others have posted, there is something very wrong with autoplay. We all need it fixed.

It the good-ol-days I could insert a (data) CD and an Explorer window appeared and I could access the files. Eject the CD and the window closed.

Now with WinX that doesn't happen.

I have Autoplay set ON and 'Open folder to view files (File Explorer)' selected for both Removable drive and Memory card.

What I have noticed:

If File explorer isn't running - after inserting a CD, start file explorer. The explorer window opens showing the disc volumes, but nothing else happens. Then scroll the explorer window so that the CD drive is visible and it burst into life, first updating
    the icon and then opening a new window showing the CD content.

If File explorer is running when I insert a CD, I have to make a new window - right click 'This PC' and select 'Open in new window'. Then this new window behaves as above. I still have to scroll so the CD drive is visible.

It has to be a new window opened after the CD is inserted.

At no time do the Explorer windows automatically close when the CD is ejected.

I should not have to go through all this palava to get Windows to do what it should be doing automatically. I hope this enables someone to work out what is going wrong and to fix it.

WylECyote, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Cannot burn songs to CD inserted already on to computer Error: insert a blank cd

Hi

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Are you trying to Burn Music on to the DVD inserted?

• “Only 5 songs on the cd” is it a Read/ Write disk or a Normal disk (copy write CD)?

Let me inform you, if you have a Normal disk with 5songs burnt and saved you will not be able to Burn the new songs again. Until and unless the disk inserted is a Read/ Write CD.

Put an empty disk in the drive open my computer and double click on the CD inserted. And check for the status of the CD, if its CD/DVD-RW drive, if any files appear in explorer greyed out then delete them by clicking "Delete these temporary files".

I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: if you are trying to copy the songs to CD, follow the below steps.

If the CD is copy right protected. You will not be able to copy songs to the computer if the CD is copy right protected.

Also try to clear the burn list if any old list of songs available and try to copy again and see if it helps.

Method 2: Windows media player settings troubleshooter

Also try the Windows media player settings troubleshooter and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
          Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting
          and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Windows media player settings
          and follow the prompts.

Reference:

Burn and rip CDs

Burn CD's with windows 10

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Inserting cd opens Microsoft store. Only folders on CDs visible. files hidden. No start for...

Problem with the 'Getting started' CD

Superdelphinus wrote:

Hi, yes ive looked on the cd and there's an outlook folder but nothing in it, it must be hidden or just linked to something else in the start programme (i have admin rights and all folders should be visible)

Im never going to get this to work am i!

Well, unfortunately if it is not in there, they may have decided to remove it from the Getting Started CD (unless it is listed on the CD as being part of it).

If it is not there then you will have to consider buying Outlook.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Inserting cd opens Microsoft store. Only folders on CDs visible. files hidden. No start for...

1. Inserting cd opens Microsoft store. Only folders on CDs visible. files hidden. No start for... - Similar Threads - Inserting opens Microsoft

2. New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.: Hello, I'm running a Windows 10 box, recently when I opened a folder to review some files that should have been contained within, I found that they were not visible. At first, I thought the files were not created, but when another user opened up the same folder they were able...
  3. New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.: Hello, I'm running a Windows 10 box, recently when I opened a folder to review some files that should have been contained within, I found that they were not visible. At first, I thought the files were not created, but when another user opened up the same folder they were able...
  4. New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hidden Files not Visible

Hidden Files not Visible: After the latest update I can no longer see hidden files. Updated to: V10.0.19042 Build 1942 When I try to select "View Hidden Files" the checkbox shows a tick which then disappears. Going via settings and setting the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" accepts the...
  6. Hidden folders no longer visible

Hidden folders no longer visible: After the latest windows update, hidden folders like appdata in file explorer are no longer visible. Not only that, but they can't be set to visible either. Usually this is done through the View-tab, and then checking the "Hidden objects" checkbox, or by going to...
  7. Search for hidden files/folders only

in Cortana
    Search for hidden files/folders only: In file explorer, is there a way to only show hidden folders/files? Or search and find only hidden files/folders in say the Documents folder. I don't need to know how to turn on show hidden files option. I know about that. I want to find ONLY hidden files/folders so I can...
  8. question for CD-R cds?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    question for CD-R cds?: Does windows 10 read cd-R cds? Apapi dvd a dh16a6l does this one support cd-Rs cds? im just curious if it does or not. 154368
  9. Insert CD

Insert CD: I am not able to find where to insert a cd. Can you help. I tried the instructions given, but am getting nowhere. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insert-cd/ebd14aa5-fb86-4155-bc71-7200292f9bd9
  10. Microsoft Store opens when I insert a DVD

Microsoft Store opens when I insert a DVD: I see that others have had this problem previously, but it is brand new to me as of this week. Something must have updated and caused a problem. I have tried following all of the previously posted suggestions and have restarted my computer and nothing - NOTHING - seems to...