Windows 10: inserting 'EURO' symbol

Discus and support inserting 'EURO' symbol in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 laptop. I have THREE symbols in the Number Key-5. The above symbol gets inserted on using the key with SHIFT Key. But how to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KrishanuMandal, Apr 11, 2019.

1. inserting 'EURO' symbol

I am using windows 10 laptop. I have THREE symbols in the Number Key-5. The above symbol gets inserted on using the key with SHIFT Key.

But how to use the symbol of EURO (which lies in the same key at the side) ?

:)

KrishanuMandal, Apr 11, 2019
  2. NeloAmaka Win User

Euro symbol on keyboard

I want to include the euro symbol in a password on a website but am unable to generate it. Normally, typing 'ctrl+alt+E' brings it out in a Word or pdf document but I've tried that and the euro symbol is still not showing. Please what can I do? Thanks.

NeloAmaka, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Ray.TJ Win User
    INSERT SYMBOLS

A couple of days ago I asked how to get capital letters with accents (circumflex). I got a very prompt answer suggesting a couple of methods including changing the character code on the symbols submenu. This worked very well but I didn't note the original
    character code which produces most of my commonly used symbols.

What is this code please and is there a list of alternate character codes together with what symbols they produce?

Many thanks

RayTJ

Ray.TJ, Apr 11, 2019
  4. RickC Win User

inserting 'EURO' symbol

Typing Euro symbol in Windows 10 on Macbook Air

I implemented it with an AutoHotkey (AHK) one-liner:

Code:
    Code:
    :*:*e::
    This means I can now just press *e (i.e. the * character followed immediately by a lower-case letter e) to insert the Euro () symbol. The star character between the first pair of colons inserting 'EURO' symbol :)*inserting 'EURO' symbol :) just means to insert the symbol immediately without waiting for a space or RETURN to be pressed. I could have used the character code for the symbol but, instead, copied the symbol from the Character Map applet in Windows' Accessories... I just like simple. *Smile

Of course, this means that the one-liner AHK script needs to be running all the time but I just added the line to my normal always-running AHK script that takes care of my habitual fat-fingered transpositions, e.g. automatically changes 'teh ' to 'the '; 'blcak ' to 'black ', etc. and expands 'hth ' to 'Hope this helps...'.; 'ys ' to 'Yours sincerely ', and does Google lookups on selected words or phrases, etc.

Hope this helps... *Smile

RickC, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

inserting 'EURO' symbol

1. inserting 'EURO' symbol - Similar Threads - inserting 'EURO' symbol

2. Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.: YES, just use the KEYPAD, not the KEYBOARD, and enter Alt + 0128! YEA! This is an old answer from 2011, but most people don't explain that a keyboard with a KEYPAD requires you to use the KEYPAD for the 0128. All solved!...
  3. Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.: YES, just use the KEYPAD, not the KEYBOARD, and enter Alt + 0128! YEA! This is an old answer from 2011, but most people don't explain that a keyboard with a KEYPAD requires you to use the KEYPAD for the 0128. All solved!...
  4. Spanish ñ missing from insert symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spanish ñ missing from insert symbol: Hi The symbol ñ is missing from symbol insert in all of my office applications. It used to be there. Can someone advise if this is a bug? Thanks...
  5. inserting symbols in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    inserting symbols in Word: I cannot get "more symbols" to open in my Word program; I get the "frequently or recently used" selection but when I click on "more symbols" nothing happens. Pls advise. Thanks!...
  6. Inserting symbols

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inserting symbols: I'm using WIN10 but this OS doesn’t let me insert symbols as I did in Wingdings. Moreover a lot of fonts are grayed out in the Fonts folder. Can you help me to solve out this problem?...
  7. Unable to insert symbols

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to insert symbols: My Windows 10 will not allow me to insert symbols (as in "Wingdings"). And when I look in the Fonts folder in Windows, many of the fonts have "greyed out" the "Install" box. Can anyone help me get the use of my symbol fonts back? ***Modified title from: Windows 10 won't...
  8. Typing Euro symbol in Windows 10 on Macbook Air

in Windows 10 Support
    Typing Euro symbol in Windows 10 on Macbook Air: I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1809 on a Macbook Air using Bootcamp. Can anyone tell me how I can type the euro symbol. I've tried all combinations and googled the problem but to no avail. Thanks in advance for any help. 126229
  9. How to insert the degree symbol on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to insert the degree symbol on Windows 10: [ATTACH] As a Windows user, you may have noticed that many symbols that a user may need are not on the keyboard. One such symbol is the degree symbol. Many engineers or educators might need the degree symbol at various points [...] This post How to insert the degree symbol...
  10. Euro sign

in Windows 10 Support
    Euro sign: Is it possible to change the dollar key to a euro sign on the keyboard? I know I can use ALT+0128, but wanted to have it on a key if poss. Thank you 73155

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to insert the euro via keyboard