Windows 10: Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized.

Discus and support Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I believe this happened after a windows update, not sure. After waking from sleep mode when I plug in a USB device its not recognized. If I unplug my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gapi, Aug 8, 2019.

1. gapi Win User

Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized.

I believe this happened after a windows update, not sure.

After waking from sleep mode when I plug in a USB device its not recognized.
    If I unplug my mouse while running and re-insert its not recognized as well. Anything USB.

Going to device manager and scanning for new hardware it hangs, and I have to end task to stop it.

I have done the power management thing for not allowing the device to be put to sleep.

Thanks

:)

gapi, Aug 8, 2019

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 8, 2019
  3. TXZ
    TXZ Win User
    USB device recognition inconsistency after sleep

Thanks for your help.

My Mouse is an HID-compliant mouse. The Software is updated. The issue only occurs intermittently - with a flash of message -- USB device not recognized.

I also notice that the Sleep mode seems to have two levels, first with power lights blinking and it could be awakened by press a key (as set), the next is a complete dark-out and I have to press the power button to wake it up. Usually the USB mouse is not
    recognized after the "deep sleep".

4. WaytGibbs Win User

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized. - Similar Threads - Inserting USB Device

2. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  3. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  4. Screen doesn’t wake up after sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen doesn’t wake up after sleep mode: Please help me to resolve the following problem. I watch a video on YouTube and then I close the laptop lid. If I lift the lid again the screen doesn’t wake up. Thanks...
  5. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  6. BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode

BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode: Hello, I have been having this problem for almost a year now and so far I can't seem to find a solution for this. The problem is that, when waking up my PC from Sleep Mode, I sometimes randomly get a "no signal" message on my monitor screen. The system itself is waking...
  7. BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode

BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode: I've recently formatted my computer not long ago. So my computer would randomly wake up from sleep mode and I went into power settings to check if any wake up times are on but they weren't on. Now after the BSOD if I try to put it to sleep, the lights stays on and won't go to...
  8. Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.: Recently, whenever I put my computer into sleep mode it will turn on shortly after. Most times, I can hear my computer turn on as I am walking away. I know there may be similar posts, but none of them have solved my specific problem. I have already disabled the LAN setting...
  9. Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on: I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) on a HP Envy - 750-514. I put my computer in Sleep Mode any time that I finished with it. * Last nite in the middle of the nite, I heard my computer power up on its own.* When I checked on it, the power lite was on "on" and it was running.*...
  10. Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode: Hello all. I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 which runs Windows 10. It was working perfectly fine for 1 year, but over the last few days, when I put it in sleep mode and press a key/move my mouse it won't wake up. Normally (back when it worked), when it was in sleep mode and I...