Windows 10: Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized.

Discus and support Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I believe this happened after a windows update, not sure. After waking from sleep mode when I plug in a USB device its not recognized. If I unplug my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gapi, Aug 8, 2019.

1. gapi Win User

Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized.

I believe this happened after a windows update, not sure.

After waking from sleep mode when I plug in a USB device its not recognized.
    If I unplug my mouse while running and re-insert its not recognized as well. Anything USB.

Going to device manager and scanning for new hardware it hangs, and I have to end task to stop it.

I have done the power management thing for not allowing the device to be put to sleep.

Thanks

:)

gapi, Aug 8, 2019

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 8, 2019
  3. TXZ
    TXZ Win User
    USB device recognition inconsistency after sleep

Thanks for your help.

My Mouse is an HID-compliant mouse. The Software is updated. The issue only occurs intermittently - with a flash of message -- USB device not recognized.

I also notice that the Sleep mode seems to have two levels, first with power lights blinking and it could be awakened by press a key (as set), the next is a complete dark-out and I have to press the power button to wake it up. Usually the USB mouse is not
    recognized after the "deep sleep".

4. WaytGibbs Win User

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized. - Similar Threads - Inserting USB Device

2. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  3. USB devices won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices won't wake up from sleep: Hi,Quite often when I reconnect some of my USB devices to PC mouse, keyboard, audio interface, they won't work. To me it seems to happen randomly. Usually it's just one of these devices that don't work when I reconnect them. Disconnecting them and again reconnecting doesn't...
  4. USB devices won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices won't wake up from sleep: Hi,Quite often when I reconnect some of my USB devices to PC mouse, keyboard, audio interface, they won't work. To me it seems to happen randomly. Usually it's just one of these devices that don't work when I reconnect them. Disconnecting them and again reconnecting doesn't...
  5. USB devices won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. USB devices unresponsive after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB devices unresponsive after waking up from sleep mode: Hello all, My Corsair keyboard, Logitech mouse, and SteelSeries headset become unresponsive after waking up my PC from sleep mode. They are all powered on, but do not accept any inputs or anything. I have to hold down the power button on my PC when this happens to reset it. I...
  7. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode: Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and...
  8. how to wake up after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to wake up after sleep mode: Dell laptop inspiron 15 3576 windows 10. when I switch laptop to sleep mode , and try to wake up within short time I am able to hit keyboard (wireless keyboard) to wake up. But after about an hour this does not work I have to use power switch. I have made some changes in...
  9. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  10. Screen doesn’t wake up after sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen doesn’t wake up after sleep mode: Please help me to resolve the following problem. I watch a video on YouTube and then I close the laptop lid. If I lift the lid again the screen doesn’t wake up. Thanks...