Windows 10: Insider build failure

Discus and support Insider build failure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I am currently running Windows 10 Insider Preview 17677.1000 (rs_pre release) installed on 05/26/2018 because Windows 10 Insider Preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by noels7, Jun 7, 2018.

1. noels7 Win User

Insider build failure

Hi

I am currently running Windows 10 Insider Preview 17677.1000 (rs_pre release) installed on 05/26/2018 because
    Windows 10 Insider Preview 17682.1000 (rs_pre release) failure attempt on 01/06/2018 and Windows 10 Insider Preview 17686.1003 (rs_pre release) failure attempt on06/08/2018 despite 3 attempts to install both Releases.
    Both errors contained 0xc1900101
    This is the information I received regarding the failures:
    Your windows insider build ran into a problem and needs to restart.
    We're just collecting some eror info and then you can restart.
    100%
    Stop Code: System Service Exception
    What failed: afd

I would appreciate some assistance/advice to find a solution for this problem and have attached the error log
    which might be of assistance for our computer gurus.

Noel Southam

:)

noels7, Jun 7, 2018

2. where did the insiders hub go in build 10158 it seems to be missing.

Insider Hub: As I mentioned here, the Insider Hub is no longer pre-installed starting with this build. You can reinstall the Insider Hub app through the following steps:

• Go to Settings, System, Apps & features.
    • Click Manage optional features then Add a feature.
    • Select the Insider Hub entry (the list is in alphabetical order) and click Install.
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10158 for PCs - Windows Experience Blog

Andre Da Costa, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Getting out of the Insider Program

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check.

• Open the Settings app, hit ‘Update & security’.
    • Under Windows Update, hit ‘Advanced options’.
    • Then, under ‘Get Insider builds’, press the ‘Stop Insider Builds’ button.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Insider build failure

1. Insider build failure - Similar Threads - Insider build failure

2. Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?: Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?I noticed the word "Insider" after the "Microsoft Store" name when the application is open.If it is an insider build, does it mean that the Microsoft Store app is an insider build itself or the apps are...
  3. Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?: Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?I noticed the word "Insider" after the "Microsoft Store" name when the application is open.If it is an insider build, does it mean that the Microsoft Store app is an insider build itself or the apps are...
  4. Issues exiting insider builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues exiting insider builds: Hello.recently, My windows 10 computer has been constantly urging me to upgrade to windows 11 in settings, and when i go to restart, it shows as an option to update and restart. Me thinking this is a windows 10 update I click it, for it to run to windows 11.So I’ve stopped...
  5. Windows Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Insider Builds: Hello, I need help with the Microsoft insider builds, I recently have Given an older computer to a friend of mine, after doing a windows reset, I noticed that insider builds will still being installed even though there was not Microsoft account on the system, how can I remove...
  6. PC Working on Insider Build but not Regular Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Working on Insider Build but not Regular Build: Hello Everyone, I am working on troubleshooting a PC. The computer is getting stuck on the boot screen loading circle where it freezes and doe not do anything. After lots of troubleshooting swapping every component in the computer and getting nowhere I figured I would try...
  7. insider preview builds

insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  8. Insider Builds

Insider Builds: Hello All, I know i sound like a broken record, but i turned off getting insider builds, yet i still get them and i want to update to the May 2020 update when it becomes available. its like im cursed to live with these infernal builds forever. sorry if thats a bit dramatic,...
  9. Windows Insider Build 18990

Windows Insider Build 18990: I have Build 18990-190921-1704. For some reason yesterday morning everything loads properly, my desktop shows up for a few seconds and then goes black, with only the cursor arrow. The drive light keeps working so I know something is going on with the system (it's not dead)...
  10. Insider build crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Insider build crash: My insider build keeps crashing during the time I use my laptop, please fix this issue, thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/insider-build-crash/a2c1c785-bb07-4ad5-b857-d0cce06b1102

Users found this page by searching for:

1. build 17738 install failed