Windows 10: Insider on a spare computer

Discus and support Insider on a spare computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I read most of the stuff posted here on News as I'm interested in what's going on Win 10 wise. However I have to be able to rely on both my laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Fixer, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Fixer Win User

Insider on a spare computer

I read most of the stuff posted here on News as I'm interested in what's going on Win 10 wise. However I have to be able to rely on both my laptop and 'main' PC and can't afford for either to be disrupted either by Insider builds or by possibly problematic feature updates such as 1809 appears to be, so both are still on 1803 with feature updates deferred. But I do have a spare laptop, same model as my working laptop, and was wondering whether I could safely enrol it in the Insider program without any risk at all to my day to day systems. If that would be ok are there any guidelines or precautions I should take to protect the working systems? I do religiously and routinely image my systems so recovery from unexpected problems is never an issue.

:)

Fixer, Oct 23, 2018

2. insider hub app

Hi Shreesh,

I suggest you to Perform the below steps and install the Insider Hub.

• Go to Settings, then System and then
      Apps & Features
    • Click on Manage Optional Features.
    • Click on Add a Feature.
    • Navigate the list, locate Insider Hub, and click
      install.
    Do let us know the update. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Oct 23, 2018
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Insider on a spare computer

Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi Red,

This issue installing Windows Insider could have happened due to the version of your Windows. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Which version of Windows are you running?
    • Have you tried registering on Windows Insider?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article.
    This will give you a step to stop receiving Windows Insider updates.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Insider on a spare computer

1. Insider on a spare computer - Similar Threads - Insider spare computer

2. Windows will not boot when spare SSD is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not boot when spare SSD is installed: I have been using a Samsung evo 870 for extra space on my computer for awhile now but all of a sudden whenever it is installed on my motherboard my PC will stay in an automatic repair loop forever. I can use my windows installation media to try and repair windows or my SSD,...
  3. Moving spare drives to a new computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving spare drives to a new computer.: I just built my new computer and installed windows on a new drive. I've moved my spare drives D:, E: and F: on the old puter to the computer and now they all have "System Reserved" partitions and my data isn't accessible. Any idea how to get to these files? Any help...
  4. Cannot clean/format spare drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot clean/format spare drive: Last time I opened up my PC, I installed an old ~600 GB HDD from a previous computer. I recently decided (after a headache involving the BIOS deciding it wanted to boot to said drive) to format it, and reclaim that space for my current PC. However, every time I try to get...
  5. Would Anyone Have A Spare Router?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Would Anyone Have A Spare Router?: I have permission to ask this So, my router just went out and it is out of warranty and Linksys will not replace it, and unfortunately, I don't have the money to purchase another one. I was wondering if anyone would happen to have a spare Gigabit router that they aren't...
  6. Dead PSU - temporary replacement with spare PSU.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dead PSU - temporary replacement with spare PSU.: Hi Everyone. So, this morning my trusty 11-year-old PSU 850w died. Not too upset as it has had a really good run. I have a spare PSU 750w that I have taken out of the studio computer set-up that I know is good. I don't want to go through the process of re-routing all my...
  7. Text disappearing after there are no lines to spare

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text disappearing after there are no lines to spare: Hi, I am using cmd version 10.0.18363.418. It just functions normally before. Then once, I tried the command "cmd /?". It doesn't matter what command you use, if it needs too much lines, the previous lines will go off. Here are some screenshots: [ATTACH][ATTACH] As you can...
  8. Spare product key

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Spare product key: I'm unemployed so not much money spare, does anyone have a computer / laptop they no longer need with an MS office product key they no longer require? 142247
  9. activation of a new insider computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation of a new insider computer: I have three computers as windows 10 insider the two are activated with a digital license how can I activate rhe third one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-a-new-insider-computer/39a5e0fa-e0a8-4576-94a7-087c4b7d902a"
  10. signing on to my spare laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    signing on to my spare laptop: I forgot my password to sign on to my spare laptop. The laptop tells me I can sign in with my Microsoft password, but that doesn't work. Running Win 10. any suggestions?...