Windows 10: Insider preview fast ring

Discus and support Insider preview fast ring in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently stuck on 19592.1001 and even though on the fast ring not getting any updates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WayneWoodman, May 3, 2020.

1. Insider preview fast ring

I am currently stuck on 19592.1001 and even though on the fast ring not getting any updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

WayneWoodman, May 3, 2020

2. What is the latest windows insider fast ring build for Lumia 535?

But I have been getting updates till build 10586.107 in the fast ring, are you sure this fast ring is now reserved for phones shipped with windows 10? Also to switch to slow or release preview ring
    only needs to select slow/release preview ring in the insider app from fast ring or I need to roll back to windows 8.1 using windows device recovery tool and again register for insider preview for slow or release preview ring?

GopakumarN G, May 3, 2020
  3. MurphyN Win User
    How to return to production builds from Insider Preview fast ring?

I've been searching quite a bit and there is no clear answer as to how to return to production builds from the fast ring. I want to turn off the insider preview and continue to receive standard windows updates as any other install would do.

Also important: I do not want to use a recovery or reinstall.

I've seen people say you can just turn off Insider Previews, but it's important that you're on a production build that windows intends to release to the public to safely return to the production ring, otherwise you will stop receiving updates and eventually
    windows will deactivate. Is this true? If so, how do I know what a good build is to wait for until I turn them off?

I specifically turned these on for early access to the linux subsystem, but the machine is very unstable (I understand the fast ring is not intended for production use, I am not upset about this).

Can someone point me in the right direction?

MurphyN, May 3, 2020
  4. Uwe Keim Win User

Insider preview fast ring

Possible to "downgrade" from Windows 10 Insider Preview (Fast Ring) to regular Windows 10?

Initially upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM, I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview (aka "Fast Ring") for approx. half a year now.

Currently, it seems to be way too unstable to me.

Therefore I want to use the "regular" Windows 10 again.

Everything I found so far was this Microsoft article which basically boils down to using a recovery image.

My idea was something easier like e.g. just installing Windows 10 over my current Insider Preview to keep my settings and the like.

My question is:

What is the recommended way of downgrading from Insider Preview to RTM of Windows 10 while (preferably) keeping my settings?

Update:

I've ended setting up a new Windows 10.

Uwe Keim, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Insider preview fast ring

1. Insider preview fast ring - Similar Threads - Insider preview fast

2. Windows 10 Insider Fast ring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Insider Fast ring: i was using my laptop fine last night, and then this morning when i turned it on, it won't boot tried advanced startup, uninstall feature, and last installed updates - nothing tried booting safe mode - nothing please help...
  3. Cannot leave Fast insider ring

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot leave Fast insider ring: Following the instructions in this blog post, I went to change my Windows 10 PC to the Release Preview ring, so I can update to the May 2020 update release build and then leave the Insider program for the time being. However, every time I try to change the setting, Windows...
  4. Bluetooth inoperative after upgrading to Insiders Fast Ring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth inoperative after upgrading to Insiders Fast Ring: I have Windows 10 Pro on my Laptop. I upgraded to "Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18970.1005) Evaluation Copy. Expires 01-08-2020 04:09 on 30th August" and since then the Bluetooth Device on the Laptop has stopped working. The Device Manager displays the information...
  5. Bluetooth inoperative after upgrading to Insiders Fast Ring

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth inoperative after upgrading to Insiders Fast Ring: I have Windows 10 Pro on my Laptop. I upgraded to "Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18970.1005) Evaluation Copy. Expires 01-08-2020 04:09 on 30th August" and since then the Bluetooth Device on the Laptop has stopped working. The Device Manager displays the information...
  6. Cannot update Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring

Cannot update Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring: My Surface Pro 5 cannot install updates but shows "update available" in the windows update tab in settings. I got build 18323_19h1 Windows 10 Pro (Insider Fast Ring). Tried troubleshooting which keeps "checking for pending restart", used the Windows Standalone Installer...
  7. Insider Preview Slow Ring Not Updating

Insider Preview Slow Ring Not Updating: Even though I am an Insider, the 18342.9 update will not install. I get a message that my device is not eligible even though I am enrolled in the Insider program....
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 PC for Fast ring

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 PC for Fast ring: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to release Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring! Upcoming Bug Bash We’re really excited to do our 2nd (and final) Bug Bash...
  9. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10134 May Hit Fast Ring Soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10134 May Hit Fast Ring Soon: Windows 10 is almost done. At this point, the company is in the fix and release stage, meaning no more big features are expected to make an appearance until after RTM. Windows Insiders in the fast ring recently received build 10130, which included a number of much-needed UI...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. What’s new in Build 14942 Hide app...