Windows 10: Insider upgraded Home edition to Professional Edition and now can't activate Windows

Discus and support Insider upgraded Home edition to Professional Edition and now can't activate Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was running a free upgrade from Vista to Windows Home and then one of the Insider upgrades changed it to Windows Professional and I can't activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SportieSpicde, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Insider upgraded Home edition to Professional Edition and now can't activate Windows

I was running a free upgrade from Vista to Windows Home and then one of the Insider upgrades changed it to Windows Professional and I can't activate Windows now. I don't know the digital code I used a few years ago on the original upgrade. What can I do?

:)

SportieSpicde, Jun 1, 2019
  2. cverbiest Win User

Will the free Windows 10 upgrade install a professional edition

I currently have Windows 7 professional.

Will the free Windows 10 upgrade install a professional edition or will it be downgraded to a free Home edition ?

Is there a list of deprecated or removed features ?

cverbiest, Jun 1, 2019
  3. activate Windows 10 Professional Edition

Can you tell me how to activate Windows 10 Professional Edition

TalaMustafa, Jun 1, 2019
  4. WindowsOS Win User

Insider upgraded Home edition to Professional Edition and now can't activate Windows

Will the free Windows 10 upgrade install a professional edition

If you have the Windows 7 Professional you will get the Windows 10 Pro version. If you had the Windows 7 Home Premium you would get the Windows 10 Home version.

WindowsOS, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Insider upgraded Home edition to Professional Edition and now can't activate Windows

1. Insider upgraded Home edition to Professional Edition and now can't activate Windows - Similar Threads - Insider upgraded Home

2. Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition: Evening helpdesk,I am struggling to transfer my windows 10 pro retail license key from my desktop to my new laptop that has been reformatted to windows 11 pro. I have linked my digitally signed license from the win 10 pro desktop to my outlook account and I cannot activate my...
  3. Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition: Evening helpdesk,I am struggling to transfer my windows 10 pro retail license key from my desktop to my new laptop that has been reformatted to windows 11 pro. I have linked my digitally signed license from the win 10 pro desktop to my outlook account and I cannot activate my...
  4. Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 home changed to enterprise edition and is now not activated,

Windows 10 home changed to enterprise edition and is now not activated,: Windows 10 home changed to enterprise edition and is now not activated,No help from Microsoft about this anywhere and not able to find any contact to help.How to resolve.Cannot find a way to speak to microsoft....
  6. How to turn off the Cortona Serch at the Windows 10 home edition and professional edition

in Cortana
    How to turn off the Cortona Serch at the Windows 10 home edition and professional edition: I want to turn off the Cortona Search availale with the Windows 10 home and professional edition which has become a source of disitraction for my daughter as she can surf the internet at any point of time ; even during the online classes. Please suggest me in this regard so...
  7. activation windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activation windows 10 home edition: 1. how to activation windows 10 home edition 2. product key windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-windows-10-home-edition/78786be1-6226-4f8e-88c1-d1aab004a6bb
  8. Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated: Hi, I was having Windows 10 Home version on my laptop and I upgraded it and bought Windows 10 Pro edition, through Microsoft Store. My payment was successful. But, after the Windows has upgraded and restarted, I have activation issues because now edition is Enterprise even...
  9. windows 10 home edition upgrade

windows 10 home edition upgrade: hi I want to upgrade the version of windows that installed on my dell xps 9570 from 1803 to 1809 . how can I do it? let me tell you that I activated my windows first by digital license....
  10. To upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional Edition

To upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional Edition: Hi, I've just got my pre-installed Windows 10 Home Edition with a genuine digital OEM product key. I'm wondering if I need to purchase for a new product key to upgrade it to Windows 10 Professional Edition? And how much will it cost?...