Windows 10: Insiders - Fortnite BattlEye failed to launch

Discus and support Insiders - Fortnite BattlEye failed to launch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BattlEye service is unable to launch in many of the windows insider builds. This bug has been going on for one year already. In the previous builds, we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PillageVixen, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Insiders - Fortnite BattlEye failed to launch

BattlEye service is unable to launch in many of the windows insider builds. This bug has been going on for one year already. In the previous builds, we would get a BSOD when launching Fortnite BattlEye service. At the September 2019 build (18958) I am still unable to launch the battleye service. Now, I am seeing an error message saying that windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions. I am an admin of my PC, and the fortnite folder is given all permissions. This is a problem with the BattlEye service since it says failed to launch the game. Is there a fix to this insider bug? Anyone encountering the same bug?

:)

PillageVixen, Oct 18, 2019
  2. cwsink Win User

BSOD recently happening when playing Fortnite

I think you're probably having the same issue discussed here. It seems to be a problem with a component used by Fortnite. The anti-cheat system, possibly. Interestingly, it's crashing in a Microsoft function but I suspect it's being passed a bad parameter by BEDaisy.sys which is a BattlEye driver.

cwsink, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Insider Preview Slow Ring Not Updating

OK!

Thanks also to Pauli O so I was looking towards a game problem.

I ran that little .bat that Sumit (Independent Advisor) sent me and discovered the culprit was BattlEye.

I knew Fortnite uses BattlEye so I deleted Fortnite.

Fail

I then deleted the Epic Games launcher.

Fail

I then checked the what services were running, and even though it was set to manually start, there was an entry for BattlEye in services. Noticing the path shown I deleted the BattlEye directory under the /program files/common files/ directory.

Fail

I then searched the registry for BattlEye and what do you know, there is a BattlEye registry entry. I deleted the key and all sub-values.

SUCCESS!!!!

So after only 6 hours and your nifty little .bat file, I am now updated!!

Thanks for your input and that little file. What's that they say about great things in small packages??

I really appreciate your quick and helpful advice.

LeonardoPeriodaVinci, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Forceflow Win User

Insiders - Fortnite BattlEye failed to launch

New Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 18351.26 (19H1) - March 14 Insider

Still no fix for crash when launching BattlEye-enabled games?

I'm sure MS wouldn't risk pushing a version that breaks some of the most popular games around (Fortnite, for example, uses BattlEye)

Forceflow, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Insiders - Fortnite BattlEye failed to launch

1. Insiders - Fortnite BattlEye failed to launch - Similar Threads - Insiders Fortnite BattlEye

2. how to fix battleye fortnite BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix battleye fortnite BSoD: I had this issue before i fixed it by updating to 21h2 now i have windows 10 22H2 and have the problem again and dont know what to do daveM121 ur the one who helped me last year you can do it again pleasee....
  3. how to fix battleye fortnite BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix battleye fortnite BSoD: I had this issue before i fixed it by updating to 21h2 now i have windows 10 22H2 and have the problem again and dont know what to do daveM121 ur the one who helped me last year you can do it again pleasee....
  4. Fortnite Battleye BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite Battleye BSoD: Soooo bassicaly whenever i launch fortnite battleye starts and my pc crashes in a form of a BSoD blue screen of death and i don't know why and i would like to fix that problem. Plz help me....
  5. Fortnite Battleye BSoD

Fortnite Battleye BSoD: Soooo bassicaly whenever i launch fortnite battleye starts and my pc crashes in a form of a BSoD blue screen of death and i don't know why and i would like to fix that problem. Plz help me....
  6. Fortnite Battleye BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Fortnite Battleye BSoD

8. BSoD with Battleye in fortnite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD with Battleye in fortnite: I’ve alredy tried to uninstall BE but since it is fortnite it always re-install’s. I’ve tried uninstalling it and installing then rebooting my pc but that didn’t work too. I’ve tried deliting the BE files that didn’t work either. I’ve even reinstalled fortnite but that didn’t...
  9. BSoD with Battleye in fortnite

BSoD with Battleye in fortnite: I’ve alredy tried to uninstall BE but since it is fortnite it always re-install’s. I’ve tried uninstalling it and installing then rebooting my pc but that didn’t work too. I’ve tried deliting the BE files that didn’t work either. I’ve even reinstalled fortnite but that didn’t...
  10. BEDaisy.sys when launching games with battleye

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEDaisy.sys when launching games with battleye: Hello I have a problem launching games with battleye in my pc. My pc just blue screens when I launch a game containing battleye as the anti cheat for it - example fortnite and r6 they both give me a blue screen warning saying BEDaisy.sys I have this issue for 4-5 months now I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows insider battleeye

2. battleye launcher failed to launch fornite