Windows 10: Insight into 'Reset My PC' feature in Win10

Discus and support Insight into 'Reset My PC' feature in Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just completed my upgrade from Win7 to Win10 using the media creation tool. It took a while (2 1/2 hours) on my older PC. However, there were no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by scott784, Jul 30, 2015.

1. scott784 Win User

Insight into 'Reset My PC' feature in Win10

I just completed my upgrade from Win7 to Win10 using the media creation tool. It took a while (2 1/2 hours) on my older PC. However, there were no problems in the end--with a clean Device Manager, and everything seems to be working fine.

I normally like to do a clean install of Windows after any upgrades but I will wait a couple of days for that to help ensure the new windows key reactivates itself. In the meantime, can someone please give me some insight into 'Reset My PC' on Win10? For example, if I choose to NOT keep any files or personal settings, what leftovers from Win7 are still there (if any) after the reset? I have yet to read anything that is completely clear on this subject.

Using the media creation tool, I realize I can use the boot media that I created (USB stick with ISO of Win10). But I just want a comparison between doing that versus using the Reset My PC' tool inside Win10? Obviously, I have everything backed up. Thanks for any replies here.

:)

scott784, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Arun B J Win User

How disruptive is the "Reset" feature in Win10 (keeping all data option).

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the link below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    If that issue persist try to install in Compatibility mode

Method 2::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

And, also install all the drivers from the manufacturer web site.

Recovery options in Windows 10 Reset

Refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 30, 2015
  3. How disruptive is the "Reset" feature in Win10 (keeping all data option).

It has been recommended to me by MS engineers on this site that my display issues may benefit from a Reset. I am willing to do it, but I want to understand what is means, the risks, and how long it will take?

Thanks.

Sam

Sam Bloomfield, Jul 30, 2015
  4. wase4711 Win User

I just a great post about this exact issue; search the forums here, it was just posted this evening

wase4711, Jul 30, 2015
  5. scott784 Win User
    Do you know the title of that post? I've done some checking but haven't located it. Obviously, there are a tremendous amount of posts on here at this time. I would appreciate feedback from anyone about this topic.

scott784, Jul 30, 2015
  6. wase4711 Win User
  7. scott784 Win User
    Thanks Insight into 'Reset My PC' feature in Win10 :) This is important information for all to understand that are interested in clean installs so they can fully understand their options.

scott784, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Insight into 'Reset My PC' feature in Win10 - Similar Threads - Insight 'Reset PC'

2. Sticky Notes Insights feature not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Insights feature not working.: I am facing issue in sticky notes , when I am putting any email id in sticky notes it is simply showing text not converting in hyperlink , please suggest thanks in advanced....
  3. Sticky Notes Insights feature not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Insights feature not working.: I am facing issue in sticky notes , when I am putting any email id in sticky notes it is simply showing text not converting in hyperlink , please suggest thanks in advanced....
  4. INSIGHTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INSIGHTS: How to reinstall insights application IN MICROSOFT TEAMS after deletion ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insights/41040cd2-8787-4645-bdaa-ef6dcb1b148a
  5. INSIGHTS

INSIGHTS: How to reinstall insights application IN MICROSOFT TEAMS after deletion ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insights/41040cd2-8787-4645-bdaa-ef6dcb1b148a
  6. Is there a way to disable the new insights/interests feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to disable the new insights/interests feature?: While the feature on the taskbar is minimal and aesthetic, the actual feature itself once expanded is very clunky which is a shame, one small misclick and woosh, hello Edge browser.I would like to disable it but I can't seem to work out where in the settings it is, I then...
  7. Three New Intelligence and Insights Features from Microsoft Forms

in Windows 10 News
    Three New Intelligence and Insights Features from Microsoft Forms: Microsoft Forms aims to help you make better decisions with data. As we improve Forms’ intelligence service, we support you in not just creating surveys and polls more easily, but also in extracting key insights from data in an understandable way. Read on to learn...
  8. Insights not working

Insights not working: I'm using 'tomorrow' word in my sticky note's notes then too reminder isn't getting set even my insights are on plz solve this issue as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insights-not-working/a6b2a5c0-facf-45eb-a905-7a39bc1c51bb
  9. Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?: I want to give my desktop PC to my Son. I don't want to do a complete reset because it is all updated and set up for gaming with software and drivers for Graphics card etc. I'm also including second hard drive for him to use as storage for games/programs ( It is clean) and a...
  10. What’s new in Office Online—featuring Insights for Office

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Office Online—featuring Insights for Office: The Office Online team has been busy adding integration across Microsoft Cloud services and extending the capabilities of what you can do with Office in your favorite browser. A number of powerful features have either been rolled out recently or are beginning to roll out now....