Windows 10: "inspect" Driver Debug Version Start Failure, Windows Server Essential 2019

Discus and support "inspect" Driver Debug Version Start Failure, Windows Server Essential 2019 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm working with the Windows Sample Driver "inspect": https://github.com/microsoft/Windows-driver-samples/tree/master/network/trans/inspect I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DriverDevB, Apr 20, 2021.

1. "inspect" Driver Debug Version Start Failure, Windows Server Essential 2019

I'm working with the Windows Sample Driver "inspect":

https://github.com/microsoft/Windows-driver-samples/tree/master/network/trans/inspect

I can run the driver inspect.sys on Windows 10 Pro with no issues, both Release and Debug versions.

I can also run the driver on "Windows Server Essentials 2019" with no issues in the Release version, but not in the Debug version. The attempt to start the Debug version driver fails as follows:

C:\DriverTest\Drivers>sc start inspect
    [SC] StartService FAILED 87:

The parameter is incorrect.

I tried the Debug version driver in two forms, both of which failed to start as shown above:
    Linked with Runtime Library:
    Form 1: Multi-threaded Debug DLL /MDd
    Form 2: Multi-threaded Debug MTd

Host: Windows 10 Pro
    Target : Windows Server Essentials 2019 Virtual Machine running under Hyper-V on Host.

Any help you might provide in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

:)

DriverDevB, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Windows Server 2019 Essentials update

Source: Windows Server 2019 Essentials update Windows Server Blog

Brink, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

"inspect" Driver Debug Version Start Failure, Windows Server Essential 2019

Windows Server 2019 Essentials update

Source: Windows Server 2019 Essentials update Windows Server Blog

Brink, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

"inspect" Driver Debug Version Start Failure, Windows Server Essential 2019

1. "inspect" Driver Debug Version Start Failure, Windows Server Essential 2019 - Similar Threads - inspect Driver Debug

2. Server 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2019: OK, here goes. I Have never posted a question to this, or any, forum regarding windows before, but I'm stumped. I'll try and be as clear as possible. The scenario: A newly installed windows Server 2019 standard running a Client/Server software called Dentrix. The server...
  3. SQL Server 2019 won't start after Windows 10 update version 2004

SQL Server 2019 won't start after Windows 10 update version 2004: after updating to windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.630, i was no longer able to start sql server 2019. by going back to the previous version of Win 10 vers 1909, build 18363.1139 through recovery, i was able to resume working with sql server. so my question has now...
  4. Windows Server Essentials 2019 Installs but wont boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Server Essentials 2019 Installs but wont boot: I'm trying to build a very small footprint server that will offload access to a bunch of USB external drives from my main PC. I chose the Lenovo M93 Tiny PC as it has small footprint and decent specs relatively. It runs an i5, 16gB RAM, and 250gB SSD HD. Only room for one...
  5. Windows Server Essentials 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Server Essentials 2016: I am unable to login under a different username to some of my Pc's. It looks like there is no domain authentication but only the local Cache. This happened after a power failure during an update....
  6. Microsoft server 2019 essentials, folder sharing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft server 2019 essentials, folder sharing.: I want to share a folder on a server 2019 essentials on my private network. Under advanced sharing tab there are groups and users I have to pick that wound be allowed to access the folder. The only sharing option I found, besides everyone, that allows it -> remote access...
  7. Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Server 2019: Hello, I have a question to the new Windows Server 2019. Is it possible to divide a windows host server for performance sharing? With multiple users working on it at the same time. As an example, that multiple users can play simultaneously on this server? Thus, only the...
  8. Debugging Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Debugging Startup Failure: My Windows 10 won't boot. I can't get into safe-mode. I tried System Restore from recovery page but it didn't solve the problem. First I need to know what is preventing my windows from booting properly so I tried enabling debugging feature but I can't find ntbtlog.txt file...
  9. Windows Server 2019

Windows Server 2019: My family is using Windows 2016 Essentials. What is our upgrade path to Windows 2019 Server? Our server has 2 cores. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2019/e0e655e0-af27-4955-86f2-32f015eb0fff
  10. Windows Server 2019 Essentials update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2019 Essentials update: For more than a decade the Windows Server team has been releasing Windows Server editions tailored to meet the needs of small business environments. Windows Server 2016 Essentials is the current in-market edition of Windows Server made for small business and is available for...