Windows 10: Inspiron 3668 headset port - microphone not plugged in

Discus and support Inspiron 3668 headset port - microphone not plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to use the headset port, I can hear sounds but microphone is not working. Under Sounds -> Recording, Microphone is shown as "not plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tpg09, May 30, 2020.

1. tpg09 Win User

Inspiron 3668 headset port - microphone not plugged in

When I try to use the headset port, I can hear sounds but microphone is not working. Under Sounds -> Recording, Microphone is shown as "not plugged in". Is the headset port of Inspiron 3668 desktop a TRRS or just TRS?

:)

tpg09, May 30, 2020

2. Dell Inspiron 3668

Does the Dell Inspiron 3668 come with built in microphone?

Charlie5858, May 30, 2020
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Ok, so, i did a couple of things. First i checked in the computer manual to see if it was a TRRS audio port, to which it stated "microphone, or headphones or microphone and headphones combination." This proves that it is a TRRS audio port.

Next, i went onto my dell inspiron 15 -7559, which is my work computer (which has a single TRRS audio port). I plugged the headset in and something came up, asking me what i plugged in. It seemed to be a dell program. It had options such as Speaker, Headphones, Headset (with mic). I selected the Headset (with mic) option and bam, the microphone worked.

So what i was thinking, could my main computer with the troubles have something that has already determined that what i am plugging in is just headphones?

Aaeeschylus, May 30, 2020
  4. Inspiron 3668 headset port - microphone not plugged in

SpiritX MS MVP, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Inspiron 3668 headset port - microphone not plugged in

1. Inspiron 3668 headset port - microphone not plugged in - Similar Threads - Inspiron 3668 headset

2. Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.: I recently got myself a new studio headset Dt770 Pro. The problem I have been having is that when I plug my headset into the front port for headphones, they are kind of quiet. And when I plug my headset into the back green port, they are much louder; this could be unrelated,...
  3. Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.: I recently got myself a new studio headset Dt770 Pro. The problem I have been having is that when I plug my headset into the front port for headphones, they are kind of quiet. And when I plug my headset into the back green port, they are much louder; this could be unrelated,...
  4. Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state: My computer crashed, so I went through the SupportAssist program, did a backup of the hard drive, and reinstalled Win10. I cannot get SupportAssist to reload the backup information that it created. I have a folder on my HDD with a bunch of .mig files which I have read are...
  5. Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state

Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state: My computer crashed, so I went through the SupportAssist program, did a backup of the hard drive, and reinstalled Win10. I cannot get SupportAssist to reload the backup information that it created. I have a folder on my HDD with a bunch of .mig files which I have read are...
  6. Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. my headset microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headset microphone is not plugged in: I tried:1. updating driver software2. troubleshooting3. reinstalling my micOnly my headset mic is not working, other are working.sorry for bad english...
  8. my headset microphone is not plugged in

my headset microphone is not plugged in: I tried:1. updating driver software2. troubleshooting3. reinstalling my micOnly my headset mic is not working, other are working.sorry for bad english...
  9. my headset microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...