Windows 10: Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 frozen black screen on idle

Discus and support Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 frozen black screen on idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When my laptop is idle for some unknown time frame, it remains stuck on a black screen where the lock screen is supposed to be. It's still on though-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tyluur, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Tyluur Win User

Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 frozen black screen on idle

When my laptop is idle for some unknown time frame, it remains stuck on a black screen where the lock screen is supposed to be. It's still on though- the keyboard light is shown and the power button light is as well. I exported logs from windows event viewer the last time it did this 12:20PM 2020-02-12. Any suggestions?

Logs: https://mega.nz/#!FYoX1YpI!0rSyodp21zj8fRUvaT7uevqWdn0Oa5__uK5-JfeY5jQ

:)

Tyluur, Feb 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 Black Screen During Install

Same thing happened with my Dell Inspiron 14z. Please tell us anyone to resolve this problem.

manishtoself, Feb 12, 2020
  3. MrCov Win User
    Windows 10 Black Screen During Install

Hey guys,

I was installing windows 10 (8.1 before) on my Dell inspiron 15 7000 series (7537), and it progressed to restarting after the installing drivers step, but after the restart and going through the dell startup screen, everything went black. The HDD light is stuck on and not flickering like it normally does. There is no cursor or anything on the screen, it's just black. I waited for an hour and nothing changed, so I thought maybe it was frozen, so I restarted the computer via hard reset, which took it to a "attempting to recover update" screen, but after a few seconds on that screen it went immediately back to the black screen.
    Its been about 30 min since that hard restart and its still black, HDD light still on, and nothing seems to be happening. Does anyone have any solutions to this???
    Thanks!

MrCov, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 frozen black screen on idle

Touchpad issues on Dell Inspiron 17 7000 following Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status.

Since, the above steps did not help to fix the issue. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to go to the below link, download the Synaptics Touchpad driver and install it in compatibility mode.

Support für Inspiron 7000 | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

• Right-click on the Synaptics Touchpad driver setup file and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to contact to the computer manufacturer and check if they have released Synaptics Touchpad driver for Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 frozen black screen on idle

1. Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 frozen black screen on idle - Similar Threads - Inspiron 7000 frozen

2. keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000: I switched out the keyboard on my gal laptop when I put everything back together it didn't want to start it And ask for a bit recovery key.. I entered the information but now it says attempting repairs but it has been saying that for quite some time should I turn it off and...
  3. keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000: I switched out the keyboard on my gal laptop when I put everything back together it didn't want to start it And ask for a bit recovery key.. I entered the information but now it says attempting repairs but it has been saying that for quite some time should I turn it off and...
  4. keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dell Inspiron 7000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 7000: I am wondering if the Dell Inspiron 7000 PC will work well with Windows 11.Currently the computer was on Windows 8 but I Idiotically bought an XCTRA PC flash drive changed my processor to run on Linux...
  6. Dell Inspiron 7000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron 7000: I am wondering if the Dell Inspiron 7000 PC will work well with Windows 11.Currently the computer was on Windows 8 but I Idiotically bought an XCTRA PC flash drive changed my processor to run on Linux...
  7. Windows hello face on Dell Inspiron 17 7000 2 in 1 computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello face on Dell Inspiron 17 7000 2 in 1 computer: I purchased a Dell Inspiron 17 7000 2 in 1 computer. I am trying to set up my windows hello face and it tells me "we couldn't find a camera compatible with window's hello face". Can this computer support the hello face recognition? If so, what do I do to get it to work?...
  8. Black Screen With Frozen Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Frozen Cursor: Hello, I've just Installed Windows 10 on a newly assembled PC. My update was turned off. On the first day around 4th time when I shut down my PC, It was stuck on a black screen with frozen cursor and keyboard didn't work. I had to restart my PC by long pressing the Power...
  9. Problems with the Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1 Touch Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with the Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1 Touch Screen: I have a notebook that has a touch screen, but the touch works randomly. It had no fall or impact. Initially it worked whenever a large number of hours went by without using it, but if the notebook was restarted, the touch would stop working. I always kept updating the...
  10. Dell Inspiron 7568 2-in-1 screen won't auto rotate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron 7568 2-in-1 screen won't auto rotate: Hi, when using the laptop in tablet mode or tent mode the screen does not rotate accordingly. I installed the ST Microelectronics Free Fall Sensor Application but in Device Manager I only see "HID Sensor" under the Sensor category, nothing STM-related. Also, no conflicts in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell inspiron 13 7000 series 2-in-1