Windows 10: Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

Discus and support Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 laptop, and the laptop crashes without BSOD whenever it is plugged into the charger. Whether it be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tim_177, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Tim_177 Win User

Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

Hello everyone,I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 laptop, and the laptop crashes without BSOD whenever it is plugged into the charger. Whether it be the AC adapter or the docking station plugged into the USBC port that also delivers power.All drivers and software is up to date, including BIOS and docking station drivers.The laptop works fine when it is not plugged in and just on battery power, but whenever power touches it, it crashes relatively quickly.The battery still charges when the laptop is off and again its operational when the laptop is just on battery.Any ideas or suggestions? I do s

:)

Tim_177, Apr 27, 2022

2. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10 pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 27, 2022
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10 pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 27, 2022
  4. Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

1. Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10 - Similar Threads - Inspiron 7386 Laptop

2. Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10: Hello everyone,I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 laptop, and the laptop crashes without BSOD whenever it is plugged into the charger. Whether it be the AC adapter or the docking station plugged into the USBC port that also delivers power.All drivers and software is up to...
  3. Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10: Hello everyone,I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 laptop, and the laptop crashes without BSOD whenever it is plugged into the charger. Whether it be the AC adapter or the docking station plugged into the USBC port that also delivers power.All drivers and software is up to...
  4. My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working: After I put my password, the desktop wallpaper can't be displayed, it's just black, touch pad pointer is active. Only one software called, 'system advance care' shows a boot period notification and when I try to access its settings or click optimize button on it, it doesn't...
  5. My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working: After I put my password, the desktop wallpaper can't be displayed, it's just black, touch pad pointer is active. Only one software called, 'system advance care' shows a boot period notification and when I try to access its settings or click optimize button on it, it doesn't...
  6. Dell Inspiron 7386 Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Inspiron 7386 Touchpad: Any thoughts on why my touchpad has suddenly stopped working. All drivers are up to date and the device manager doesn't report any problems with anything. Win10 is completely up to date too.The left and right buttons work as you can move the pointer with a USB mouse, and they...
  7. Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560: I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 which is about 11 month old so still under the basic 1 year warranty when the wifi started being very unreliable a kept dropping and even not finding the adapter at all. I returned the laptop to Dell who replaced the adapter and the motherboard. I...
  8. Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560: I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 which is about 10 month old so still under the basic 1 year warranty when the wifi started being very unreliable a kept dropping and even not finding the adapter at all. I returned the laptop to Dell who replaced the adapter and the motherboard....
  9. Reinstalling Goodix DEVICE on Inspiron 7586 2 in 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstalling Goodix DEVICE on Inspiron 7586 2 in 1 Laptop: I recently had problems with my fingerprint scanner and tried everything but nothing worked, I tried updating the drivers, updating my pc, and even disabling and re-enabling but nothing worked, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling which I noticed I couldn't find anything...
  10. Dell Inspiron 2-1 laptop will not open any applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 2-1 laptop will not open any applications: This is a 15 inch laptop made in 2016, now using Windows 10, Intel Core i5, 7th gen. It's not been used much. The battery is fully charged. Today, the computer would turn on and allow me to sign in, but none of the icons on the next or main screen will open, not even the...