Windows 10: Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560

Discus and support Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 which is about 10 month old so still under the basic 1 year warranty when the wifi started being very unreliable a kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ratsea, Jan 6, 2020.

1. ratsea Win User

Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560

I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 which is about 10 month old so still under the basic 1 year warranty when the wifi started being very unreliable a kept dropping and even not finding the adapter at all. I returned the laptop to Dell who replaced the adapter and the motherboard. All seemed fine for a week or so when I noticed the battery life had suddenly dropped significantly.

I contacted Dell again and they agreed the battery was faulty and should be replaced. At the same time I needed to replace the hard disc on a NAS unit and started some speed testing between the 7386 and the NAS.

I found that if the laptop had been in sleep mode the speed was severely restricted as per CrystalMark
    [Read] Sequential 1MiB): 1.677 MB/s [Write] Sequential 1MiB: 4.404 MB/s
    I found that if I Enabled and Disabled the 9560 Adapter, full speed was returned:
    [Read] Sequential 1MiB: 31.876 MB/s [Write] Sequential 1MiB: 37.543 MB/s
    I sent this info to Dell whilst the battery was being replaced and they replaced both the battery and the Wifi adapter again.
    I have now received the unit back and it has a new battery but the Wifi problem still exists.
    Yesterday I spent 5 hrs on the phone with Dell support and did not resolve the problem. This included a restore of an original Win10 image and resetting the router. Other laptops in the house do not have the problem.
    We have replaced drivers and changed some BIOS settings but not solution yet.
    I pay for 80mbps download and 20 mbps upload and this is reduced to 20 and 20 unless I disable/enable the adapter every time the PC wakes from sleep. I store Pictures/Videos/Backups on the NAS so this extends the access time by over a factor of 10 and in fact can't play 4K video as the speed is too slow at 1.7MB/s.
    Dell confirm that this is not normal, but with a new motherboard, wifi adapter, and clean install, I'm stuck.
    If I set the power / sleep option on battery to Always Disconnect on sleep, it does resolve the problem if the PC is not charging. If it's charging, it going into throttled mode, but resolves itself if it then sleeps on battery mode.
    This is a crude workaround, but saves me disabling and enabling everytime it sleeps.

Any suggestions - sorry it's a bit long!
    Richard
    Windows 10 Home verion 1909 - latest update

:)

ratsea, Jan 6, 2020

2. Code 10 intel wireless 9560

Hi RadityoPrakoso,

When your computer does not automatically detect your Intel Wireless AC-9560 network adapter, you will need to download the driver update or installer from your manufacturer's website.

If you have a CD installer for your motherboard, you can also use it to install this missing driver for your device.

This resolution is also suggested on this link:
    Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Go to the "Code 10 "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" section.

Your device originally came from Intel, this means you need to download the driver installer from their official website itself and install it manually (usually, you will see that there is a latest driver already available for download).

Check this link:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99446/Intel-Wireless-AC-9560.

Once there, select the appropriate operating system if there's a choice like x32 or 64 bit so it will match with your PC.

Let us know if you have successfully installed this driver.

Johann Eva, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Code 10 intel wireless 9560

I have ASUS ROG GL 502 GL for 1 month and received code 10 for intel wireless 9560. I tried all of the solution such as troubleshooter, re install the driver, set up to default for BIOS, reset the windows, install windows, and more but it didn't fix my
    problem. Please someone help me.

RadityoPrakoso, Jan 6, 2020
  4. tfwul Win User

Dropping WiFi connections

Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107).
    Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed
    EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000

Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ?

Note: no other applications have been installed yet.

Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560 [​IMG]

-
    EventID 1014 Name resolution for the name client.wns.windows.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
    EventID 5000 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.
    EventID 5002 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.
    EventID 5000 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load.
    EventID 6062 Lso was triggered
    EventID 10400 The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 5 time(s) since it was last initialized

tfwul, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560 - Similar Threads - Inspiron 7386 Wifi

2. Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10: Hello everyone,I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 laptop, and the laptop crashes without BSOD whenever it is plugged into the charger. Whether it be the AC adapter or the docking station plugged into the USBC port that also delivers power.All drivers and software is up to...
  3. Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10: Hello everyone,I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 laptop, and the laptop crashes without BSOD whenever it is plugged into the charger. Whether it be the AC adapter or the docking station plugged into the USBC port that also delivers power.All drivers and software is up to...
  4. Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 Laptop Crashes when Charging W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Intel 9560 stuck with code 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel 9560 stuck with code 10: Hi all,I have an issue with my wifi Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz where it in Device Manager it displays:"This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful."Most the fixes I can find involve uninstalling and reinstalling the...
  6. Dell Inspiron 7386 Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Inspiron 7386 Touchpad: Any thoughts on why my touchpad has suddenly stopped working. All drivers are up to date and the device manager doesn't report any problems with anything. Win10 is completely up to date too.The left and right buttons work as you can move the pointer with a USB mouse, and they...
  7. Inspiron 15 3000 cpu throttling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inspiron 15 3000 cpu throttling: My inspiron has been having so many problems lately. But when i want to record a video the audio is all choppy and popping i wanted to find out why so i i downloaded latencymon and its saying that my cpu could possibly be throttling and i need help on how to fix this cpu...
  8. Help troubleshooting Intel 9560 160mhz

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help troubleshooting Intel 9560 160mhz: As the title says I need help with the Intel 9560. Whenever I play a online game the device starts facing problems and then code 10 comes up. I have tried hard shutdown and every other troubleshoot i have found online but nothing seems to work am I missing something?...
  9. Intel wireless ac 9560 Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel wireless ac 9560 Problem: Hello! I just bought a Zenbook recently, it updated itself yesterday but I keep disconnecting from the Wifi. I tried restarting, running the ISO file on a USB, deleted McAfee, ran the troubleshooter, reset it in BIOS, reset the driver systems in the Control Panel, still...
  10. Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560: I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 which is about 11 month old so still under the basic 1 year warranty when the wifi started being very unreliable a kept dropping and even not finding the adapter at all. I returned the laptop to Dell who replaced the adapter and the motherboard. I...