Windows 10: Inspiron Battery Issue-Adaptor not recognized

Discus and support Inspiron Battery Issue-Adaptor not recognized in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Getting error msg Adaptor not recognized and battery won't charge. Bought new battery and same issue. Checked adaptor-which came with PC, has charge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by christinecintron, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Inspiron Battery Issue-Adaptor not recognized

Getting error msg Adaptor not recognized and battery won't charge. Bought new battery and same issue. Checked adaptor-which came with PC, has charge and so does the port. Do I need a new motherboard?

:)

christinecintron, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Juntao Win User

Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Inspiron Battery Issue-Adaptor not recognized

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Inspiron Battery Issue-Adaptor not recognized pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Inspiron Battery Issue-Adaptor not recognized

1. Inspiron Battery Issue-Adaptor not recognized - Similar Threads - Inspiron Battery Issue

2. Bluetooth adaptor not being recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth adaptor not being recognized: I have recently bought a Bluetooth adapter. Windows does not recognize it at all. I tried downloading drivers for it to no avail.My older laptop that is running windows 7 can recognize it but my current computer running windows 10 does not. Any idea what might be the...
  3. Problems with Inspiron 7370 Battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Inspiron 7370 Battery: I'm having tons of battery life and charging issues with my Inspiron 7370, which I purchased new in August 2018. Here's a brief summary of the issues I'm having: - I can't have my laptop off the charger for more than an hour before it dies or becomes useless due to low...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues

Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues: Hello, Really struggling this Christmas morning to get my gift to work. My Wireless Adaptor shows no signs of life no light on the USB. I am plugging it in to my PC through the extension? USB strip that came along with the controller. One thing to note is that this worked...
  5. Battery was not recognized?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery was not recognized?: Hello, I have a problem with my battery. I installed my new battery today and everything is working except for the fact that the battery is not recognized. I can do something without the power supply but it always shows 255% battery not recognized. I don't know what to do...
  6. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series not recognizing/charging my battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series not recognizing/charging my battery: when I turn on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series, I get the message that it does not recognize my battery and therefore it will not charge the battery. So I am stuck with having to leave it plugged in always. any solutions? i am not that computer literate so detailed...
  7. Battery not detected and laptop shutsdown on unplugging adaptor

Battery not detected and laptop shutsdown on unplugging adaptor: I have Sony Vaio VPCSB190x model laptop and currently running Microsoft windows 10. I have been facing issue with my laptop battery for last 4 months. On the taskbar, it shows battery icon with the cross on it and when I hover mouse, it says battery not detected. I have tried...
  8. Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptor not recognized "drivers are unavailable"

Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptor not recognized "drivers are unavailable": So, Apple's Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptor shows up in Settings -> Devices as "basic system devce" and it shows message "driver is unavailable" and it does't work, the PC does not see Firewire DV VCR......
  9. Wifi adaptor issue

Wifi adaptor issue: My WiFi adaptor is always wanting to eject. I do so, take it out and plug it back in and immediately it says ready to eject. The drivers are up to date and I don't know what to do...
  10. Dell Inspiron battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron battery: battery won't charge, always shows 'plugged in, not charging' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-battery/59cc6a57-375f-4980-8a7b-871387218c46"