Windows 10: Instability since update

Discus and support Instability since update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hey guys, new to the forum. i am running win 10 home build 1809. system just did the latest feature update. and ever since the system has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by izeman1994, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Instability since update

hey guys,
    new to the forum.
    i am running win 10 home build 1809. system just did the latest feature update. and ever since the system has been unstable. mainly running chrome or waking up form sleep. i've noticed the screen takes over a minute to wake up after the pc turns back on. while using chrome it's hanging alot and going unresponsive. has anyone else had any issues?

:)

izeman1994, Jan 27, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Instability since update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 27, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 27, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Instability since update

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Instability since update

1. Instability since update - Similar Threads - Instability since update

2. Gaming instability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming instability: My gaming PC has become near useless for gaming in the recent month with each game crashing to desktop either immediately at launch or half an hour into play. I'm not sure what's causing my issues as I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything including windows 3 times. I'm...
  3. Gaming instability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming instability: My gaming PC has become near useless for gaming in the recent month with each game crashing to desktop either immediately at launch or half an hour into play. I'm not sure what's causing my issues as I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything including windows 3 times. I'm...
  4. Instability Due to Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Instability Due to Updates: Hi Every time there is a Windows 10 Update I experience some form of instability By the time it takes to complete surely they are not updates but re installs some times it takes as long as 60 min I think the problem is trying to use the same program for Phones and &...
  5. instability of pc after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    instability of pc after 2004 update: I recently updated my pc to the 2004 version of windows 10. unfortunately after the update, the cooling fans are running continuously, despite upgrading and installing the manufacturer drivers. The other problem is that when the pc goes to sleep mode, once I wake it up, the...
  6. Program instability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program instability: Hello, I ve a lot of trouble using the 3d builder app. If I try to subtract a cube from my project then the 3d builder seems to stuck. sometimes it works well in seconds an the same task 5 minutes later is not working. The 3d builder does not crash and my Pc is working...
  7. Severe Instability in Windows Since Build 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Severe Instability in Windows Since Build 1903: 12/30/2019 - I hope I'll be able to make it through this post, before another "freeze" or crash! HP p6724y 4GB 1TB HDD <30% used Microsoft Office, Firefox, Edge, Quicken 2019 for Home & Business, Audacity, Stamps.com NO GAMING WHATSOEVER Shortly after the 1903 Build...
  8. Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!: An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the...
  9. Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating: I recently installed an update for Windows 10, and it seemingly broke everything. All default apps, including the Start Menu and Settings app are inaccessible, and give me a, "Class not registered," error message whenever I try to open them. When trying to log in, I am...
  10. wifi instability

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi instability: My WIFI connection from my ASUS X550CA laptop periodically drops while I'm online and can only reconnect after a reboot of the laptop. Many other devices in the house remain connected with no problem, so I believe it is isolated to this device which is running Windows 10...