Windows 10: Instagram app not appearing in Camera Access App - Windows10 - Surface Book

Discus and support Instagram app not appearing in Camera Access App - Windows10 - Surface Book in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Hoping someone can help me as I've tried many options and so far no luck. I used to be able to use Instagram via my PC Surface Book with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jo_G_Aust, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Jo_G_Aust Win User

Instagram app not appearing in Camera Access App - Windows10 - Surface Book

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me as I've tried many options and so far no luck. I used to be able to use Instagram via my PC Surface Book with Windows 10, with a touch screen. It worked perfectly fine up until about 2-3 months ago, when it started crashing regularly. Then about 3 weeks ago I could no longer share photos stored on my PC directly to Insta basically Insta was no longer an option to share to. Also, whenever I logged on to the Insta App via my PC, I noticed that the actual camera icon is no longer available - so I can't upload photos via the app either. Everything else is available on the Insta App on the PC, just no ability to upload content DM even still works.

I checked my Camera and Microphone settings on the PC to see if Insta was still enabled, and noticed Instagram is no longer available in the list of Apps. Not sure how to get it back there.

What I have tried so far:

- Reset Insta App

- Uninstalled and re-installed the Insta App

- Re-booted PC several times

- Performed a clean boot and disabled all running apps in StartUp - than tried starting Insta App to see if anything was different nothing changed

- Ran the Troubleshooter for Windows Store Apps received a "Hanging or crashing apps - Not fixed" - not sure what to do about this as no fixes were available

- Ran a Windows Update for "Update & Security"

- Checked Windows Security - nothing stands out all areas checked with a green tick

Anyone heard of this problem before? Any other suggestions to get it to work normally again? I'm not very techie .... so really struggling to find what to do to make the Insta app re-appear as an app in my Camera and Microphone settings.

Appreciate any assistance with this issue!!

:)

Jo_G_Aust, Mar 27, 2020

2. SURFACE BOOK 2 - IR FRONT CAMERA AND REAR CAMERA ISSUE

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera

Toggle on Allow apps to access your Camera

Can you try the steps suggested in this thread for further throubleshooting?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Andre for Directly, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Instagram app not appearing in Camera Access App - Windows10 - Surface Book

instagram on surface book 2

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you trying to download Instagram from Microsoft store?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

If you are downloading Instagram from the store, I suggest you to try the following troubleshooting methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run inbuilt troubleshooter for Store app.

Steps:

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard.
    2. Select Update & Security option.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot option.
    4. Tap on Windows Store Apps and
      Run the troubleshooter

Method 2: You can also try the steps from the following article to fix issue with

installing application

Reply back with the information, to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Instagram app not appearing in Camera Access App - Windows10 - Surface Book

1. Instagram app not appearing in Camera Access App - Windows10 - Surface Book - Similar Threads - Instagram app appearing

2. Surface Book Camera Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Book Camera Question: Hi, I've got a 2 year old Surface Book. I covered the camera because I was on a meeting and couldn't find the setting within the platform that was being used to turn it off. I didn't take the cover off, just started up my computer and facial recognition worked. How?...
  3. instagram app not showing notifications /windows10/laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    instagram app not showing notifications /windows10/laptop: Hi, the Instagram app does not show notification on the notification center, it also does not show up on the senders on notification settings. I've talked with Microsoft and I've tried everything from reinstalling to changing my password and it still not working. Any...
  4. surface book camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book camera: the camera is not working and not showing in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-camera/c1f1ae7f-d81e-462d-b1d8-de0d1a01d72a
  5. instagram app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instagram app: Hello today i noticed that instagram app from windows store has changed.The ''old'' app has similar capabilties with android app.I can enable notifications to my pc when a person upload photos,the main window was full display and when i...
  6. Where's the instagram app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where's the instagram app?: I noticed a couple days ago that the Instagram app is missing in the sharing section of the file explorer for windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wheres-the-instagram-app/33d2b995-ed7a-4116-a6af-2a2b4a20b5ef"
  7. Unable to save pictures from camera app on Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to save pictures from camera app on Surface Book 2: Hello, whenever I use the camera app on my Surface Book 2 there is always an error that says that the picture is not saved and there always pops up with an error message even after I have tried countless times to fix this. I do not know if this is something just with my...
  8. Camera App on Windows Does not save pictures (Surface Book 2)

Camera App on Windows Does not save pictures (Surface Book 2): Hello, whenever I use the camera app on my Surface Book 2 there is always an error that says that the picture is not saved and there always pops up with an error message even after I have tried countless times to fix this. I do not know if this is something just with my...
  9. instagram on surface book 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instagram on surface book 2: While attempting to install Instagram on a new surface book 2 device, an error read that requirements were needed. Directx and more than 2 GB of ram were indicated as the need but the machine has 8GB and is on Directx v12. Do you have any advice on what we should do next?...
  10. Surface Book Camera: "photocapturefilecreationfailed"

Surface Book Camera: "photocapturefilecreationfailed": OS: Windows 10 - all updates. Cannot save picture from neither camera. C:\Camera Roll exists. Any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/surface-book-camera-photocapturefilecreationfailed/1fcdf3e4-9197-4fe1-9694-5a627d52ee80