Windows 10: Instalation directory must be on a local hard drive - how do I fix this?

Discus and support Instalation directory must be on a local hard drive - how do I fix this? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I bought minecraft Java edition, and I have windows 10. When I opened the installer and got to the part where you need to choose the path of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ner0thing, Jan 6, 2021.

1. ner0thing Win User

Instalation directory must be on a local hard drive - how do I fix this?

So I bought minecraft Java edition, and I have windows 10. When I opened the installer and got to the part where you need to choose the path of downloading, I pressed next and a message appeared "Instalation must be on a local hard drive". The thing is I have two disks: C and E, and bouth of them are a local hard drive. I tried to start the installer in administrator mode through command prompt, but it didnt work, the issue still appeares. Can you help me please?

:)

ner0thing, Jan 6, 2021
  2. little cat, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Instalation directory must be on a local hard drive - how do I fix this?

CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Instalation directory must be on a local hard drive - how do I fix this?

1. Instalation directory must be on a local hard drive - how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Instalation directory must

2. How do I fix these BSOD’s, and are they to do with the hard drive I used to clean install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix these BSOD’s, and are they to do with the hard drive I used to clean install...: Here is the BSOD when I turn on my laptop:Here is the BSOD after pressing “Fn” + “F1”:And here is the hard drive I used to clean install and boot Windows 11 Home trying to downgrade it from Pro to Home:Can anyone tell me what’s happening here and how I can fix this issue,...
  3. How do I fix these BSOD’s, and are they to do with the hard drive I used to clean install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix these BSOD’s, and are they to do with the hard drive I used to clean install...: Here is the BSOD when I turn on my laptop:Here is the BSOD after pressing “Fn” + “F1”:And here is the hard drive I used to clean install and boot Windows 11 Home trying to downgrade it from Pro to Home:Can anyone tell me what’s happening here and how I can fix this issue,...
  4. How to fix hard drive not installed message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix hard drive not installed message: So I was using my laptop and then the screen froze and a little while after that I got a green screen saying kernel data inpage error and after like 30 minutes it didn’t go to 5% yet so I turned the laptop off because I’m not waiting 20 hours just for it to happen again and...
  5. How to fix hard drive not installed message

How to fix hard drive not installed message: So I was using my laptop and then the screen froze and a little while after that I got a green screen saying kernel data inpage error and after like 30 minutes it didn’t go to 5% yet so I turned the laptop off because I’m not waiting 20 hours just for it to happen again and...
  6. How do I change the default installation directory to B drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the default installation directory to B drive?: Hi.I'm using windows 10 64 bitSo, I divide my partition into 2 drives. C drive, 105 GB, exclusively for Windows, and B drive, for any other thingsI had already moved desktop, document, download, etc to B drive.my next problem is I would want the default installation directory...
  7. How do I change the default installation directory to B drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the default installation directory to B drive?: Hi.I'm using windows 10 64 bitSo, I divide my partition into 2 drives. C drive, 105 GB, exclusively for Windows, and B drive, for any other thingsI had already moved desktop, document, download, etc to B drive.my next problem is I would want the default installation directory...
  8. How do I change the default installation directory to B drive?

9. how do i fix this? do i need to get a new hard drive and install it myself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i fix this? do i need to get a new hard drive and install it myself?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/shoppingcart57 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzcpk6/how_do_i_fix_this_do_i_need_to_get_a_new_hard/
  10. How do I fix a corrupted directory on external USB drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix a corrupted directory on external USB drive?: I noticed I have a corrupted directory on my external drive and whenever I use FreeFileSync to backup my data, it flags it: [img] Can someone please help me delete this unwanted directory? Everytime I try to delete it, I get this: [img] 30328