Windows 10: install 2nd monitor though displayport

Discus and support install 2nd monitor though displayport in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 2nd monitor doesn't get signal from pc. pc doesn't detect monitor thru displayport. both monitors work thru vga port but not displayport. How to tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tadw, Mar 29, 2020.

1. tadw Win User

install 2nd monitor though displayport

2nd monitor doesn't get signal from pc. pc doesn't detect monitor thru displayport. both monitors work thru vga port but not displayport. How to tell if dispayport is working properly?

:)

2. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes
    me think it is the monitors issue. However, when I plug the current monitor I am using into the HDMI side of the adapter (when the DisplayPort side of the adapter is connected to my computer) I also get no signal.

I have confirmed that the adapter works on my other computer but I just can not find out why it is not working on my main one.

I have tried:

1. Letting windows pick graphic card drivers (RX 570)
    2. Installing the latest drivers
    3. Taking the power cable out of my second monitor for one minute
    4. Resetting the monitor
    5. Turning off the power saving setting in the monitor
    6. Turning power mode to high performance in Windows 10

Unfortunately my current monitor has no DisplayPort port. If it did, I could of connected the DisplayPort side of the adapter to it to determine if the graphic card is the problem or if the monitor is.

DaleViljoen, Mar 29, 2020
  3. johnny777 Win User
    how to prevent open windows on 2nd monitor from moving to 1st monitor

Hi there, the left monitor is DisplayPort and the right monitor (2nd monitor) is VGA.

johnny777, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Andrey_VI Win User

Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

Same issue after today's update to 1709 version: monitor won't go to sleep after configured time or after Win + L.

My configuration:

• Intel HD Graphics 3000 (driver version 9.17.10.4459)
    • Monitor connected via DisplayPort
    • Sleep disabled
    • Screen are set to turn off after 10 minutes
    Please help to fix this!

Andrey_VI, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. install 2nd monitor though displayport - Similar Threads - install 2nd monitor

2. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor: Hello Everyone!!I was wondering if someone can help!! I have 2 monitors and both of the are showing the exact same thing. When I go into settings and see if it can detect another screen it doesn't detect one. I have looked online and tried to find all possible ways to help me...
  3. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  4. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I just setup my new monitor connected via HDMI however it is still not detected. I already updated the driver its just shows the same image on my screen. I tried to restart and loop the process and still the same. Please help me set up my second monitor....
  5. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: I just setup my new monitor connected via HDMI however it is still not detected. I already updated the driver its just shows the same image on my screen. I tried to restart and loop the process and still the same. Please help me set up my second monitor....
  6. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I changed the monitor. After plugging the new monitor in, windows is detecting two monitors instead of one. What is wrong with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/04d9385e-f70b-4c8c-8a52-ca6b95adef84
  7. DisplayPort Monitor issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DisplayPort Monitor issues: Hello, I have two Samsung Monitors connected to my PC. One monitor uses HDMI and I have the second connected to DisplayPort both streaming 1080p. My issue is that after shutting my computer down, the monitor connected to the DisplayPort does not end up being recognized...
  8. install a 2nd monitor

install a 2nd monitor: Hi all I havew a windows 10 lap top and am trying to install a 2nd monitor HP w2072a this is via a VGA TO HDMI despite looking and completing updates on window s and driver updates my lap top does not discover the 2nd monitor please help...
  9. trouble installing 2nd monitor

trouble installing 2nd monitor: I am having trouble installing 2nd monitor. As soon as i connect to computer, all open windows in the main screen are minimized and frozen, so i cant go to dsiplay settings...
  10. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...