Windows 10: Install & activate Windows 7 ESU keys on multiple devices using MAK

Discus and support Install & activate Windows 7 ESU keys on multiple devices using MAK in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]This post will interest businesses, organizations, and enterprises with Volume License (VL) subscriptions, who are migrating from Windows 7 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 13, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Install & activate Windows 7 ESU keys on multiple devices using MAK

WinClub, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Okkx Win User

Windows 10 upgrade with Windows 7 MAK Key

Hello,

I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bits acquired through MSDNAA partnership with my previous university.

Problem : after formating and doing multiple fresh installs on my PC, I get "error 0xc004c020" when trying to activate my Windows 7 Pro, which activated fine before (MAK activation count seems to be at 0). Note: I never changed any hardware in my PC, and
    my Win7 key was only used on this PC.

Microsoft Support told me to try activating it by phone.

Let's consider phone activation will be successful.

What will happen to my Windows 7 "expired" MAK key (activation count at 0) if I successfully upgrade to Windows 10 after activating my Windows 7 by phone. Will my expired MAK key turn into a retail Windows 10 key, allowing me to do fresh install on this
    same PC in the future, OR, will it stay a expired MAK key (for Windows 10), preventing me from doing fresh installs after upgrading ?

Please help,

Thank you

3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Okkx Win User

Windows 10 upgrade with Windows 7 MAK Key

Alright,

I may try with Windows Update in the next few days then.

But, if I stay on Windows 7, I would like to know something about MAK keys.

Now that my MAK Key is "expired" (activation count reached 0), why does Microsoft Support ask me to try activating by phone ?

Is there also a limit on the number of phone activations ? Or is it unlimited with an "expired" MAK key ?

This MAK key stuff is really a pain for end users like me. I got my Windows 7 key from the MSNDAA partnership when I was a student at university,and it got expired for too many activation on the same PC... This is not something we should deal with. I'm not
    an IT professional, and I used the same key on the same PC maybe... 4 or 5 times after formating. And now, I'm stuck with "error 0xc004c020" with a "bricked" Windows 7 key

Thema:

1. Install & activate Windows 7 ESU keys on multiple devices using MAK - Similar Threads - Install activate ESU

2. Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?: Hi,My organisation had purchased Windows 7 Year 1-3 ESU MAKs. From past experience, the Year 1 MAK was instantly invalid for further activation in Windows 7 workstations from the beginning of Year 2 on 13 Jan 2021. Subsequently, the Year 2 MAK was instantly invalid from the...
  3. Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?: Hi,My organisation had purchased Windows 7 Year 1-3 ESU MAKs. From past experience, the Year 1 MAK was instantly invalid for further activation in Windows 7 workstations from the beginning of Year 2 on 13 Jan 2021. Subsequently, the Year 2 MAK was instantly invalid from the...
  4. Can install & activate windows 10 use windows 7 key?

Can install & activate windows 10 use windows 7 key?: Hello.Can install & activate windows 10 pro use windows 7 pro key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-install-activate-windows-10-use-windows-7-key/2dc779b9-7f7f-42e7-8850-572a9a17230f
  5. Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys: Dears,We facing issue while tying to activate Windows 7 Extended support key. Its showing still Unlicensed and Error Product not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-7-extended-support-licenses-mak/419fc5c7-8fc5-4bb9-aeb5-5437e799c967
  6. Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys

Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys: Dears,We facing issue while tying to activate Windows 7 Extended support key. Its showing still Unlicensed and Error Product not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-7-extended-support-licenses-mak/419fc5c7-8fc5-4bb9-aeb5-5437e799c967
  7. MAK key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MAK key: Good evening, I have bought a Windows 10 key on the Internet and than activated it on my PC. It appeared to be a MAK key and so i got scammed. The seller told me that it is not possible for me to be refunded su I decided just to delete this key from my PC slmgr /upk and...
  8. Activate Windows 10 pro using Windows 7 MAK key

Activate Windows 10 pro using Windows 7 MAK key: Hi, I have a few obsolete workstations under Windows 7 that I need to replace. The Windows licence on them was purchased via a program that Microsoft was offering back in 2006 or so. The key were called MAK key, and I was able to install 10 copies using the same key. The...
  9. re-activate Windows 10 Mak Key

re-activate Windows 10 Mak Key: Can I re-activate Windows 10 Mak Key with digital license to other computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-activate-windows-10-mak-key/5e872628-26c4-4c2a-b623-9df5df8cd44c"
  10. Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade: I am the admin for a small non-profit. We do not have a Volume License key per se, but we do have a MAK license key. Some of our laptops have been popping up with the "reserve your Windows 10" box. How would this work, considering we use a MAK key? I'm assuming the upgrade...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ESU activate phone

2. Windows 10 MAK keys

3. win7 ESU MAK activation phone