Windows 10: Install/Activation help

Discus and support Install/Activation help in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have a bit of a problem in wondering on how to setup this new Dell Optiplex 7070 micro PC. Specifically this first PC will be used as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RT#4-CSCF, Oct 27, 2020.

1. RT#4-CSCF Win User

Install/Activation help

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem in wondering on how to setup this new Dell Optiplex 7070 micro PC. Specifically this first PC will be used as a 'kiosk' in an exhibit but this is a 'replacement pc' in case of failure of the various PC's within this 'exhibit' IE: Many interactive sub-exhibits. This particular PC possibly won't ever be connected to the internet, but maybe if it has to replace certain sub-exhibits. I we want to avoid having the message that 'this windows maybe invalid' or what ever as we experienced with Windows 7. In that prior instance we had 8 PC's that were never connected to any network after the system had been installed. After some years it came up with that message; which basically 'broke' the exhibit as its function was to send out video's to a massive projection system. In this instance a bubble message like that would enable a guest access to the system/desktop if they clicked on it. So I'm wondering on how to get away from that issue. With the Windows 7 installation - the vendor installed Win7 activated it, etc. Then installed their software and media and we purchased the exhibit. Then some years later that bubble came up. I tried re-activating it and it came up sometime again, and then someone said that I needed to call in to have that disappear. I did and it never came up again. In this instance I'm not sure how to proceed with the installation and activation as its asking for a cell phone number. I can't use my cell phone number since it's personal and I don't have a 'work issued cell phone to use' so I had to resort to having the companies manager's cell phone. I want to keep my personal accounts, etc. sperate from all this. Cause I don't see a way to activate by calling in it once its installed. Also - which path to I use to install? The 'personal path' or the 'business path?'

Thank you for your time and effort!

:)

RT#4-CSCF, Oct 27, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Install/Activation help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Install/Activation help

1. Install/Activation help - Similar Threads - Install Activation help

2. Help with activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with activation: A couple years back, I purchased a Windows 11 activation key from the Microsoft Store, and it worked without any issues until I upgraded my motherboard. After the hardware change, I encountered difficulties with reactivating Windows. Despite following the recommended...
  3. Help activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help activation: I have Windows 10 Home and when I upgraded to Windows 11 it is successful and have the same edition. Now Im seeing that my Windows is failed to activate and I need to activate again. This Windows is came as a gift and I dont even change anything on it to avoid the license...
  4. Help activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help activation: I have Windows 10 Home and when I upgraded to Windows 11 it is successful and have the same edition. Now Im seeing that my Windows is failed to activate and I need to activate again. This Windows is came as a gift and I dont even change anything on it to avoid the license...
  5. Activate help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate help: I want to upgrade my SSD and re install Windows. I have Windows 10 that came from the upgrade before when its free. Im still using the MS Account that I have. I want to re-install windows using clean installation. I dont want to lose license and I want to keep my Windows the...
  6. Activate help

Activate help: I want to upgrade my SSD and re install Windows. I have Windows 10 that came from the upgrade before when its free. Im still using the MS Account that I have. I want to re-install windows using clean installation. I dont want to lose license and I want to keep my Windows the...
  7. Activation help

Activation help: Hi, I used to have an old hp laptop, but then I got a mac. The MacBook had no game compatibility, so I used boot camp to put windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 because I couldn't use my digital license on the 10 install. The HP laptop has 11 pro on it. I tried to...
  8. Activation help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation help: Hi, I used to have an old hp laptop, but then I got a mac. The MacBook had no game compatibility, so I used boot camp to put windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 because I couldn't use my digital license on the 10 install. The HP laptop has 11 pro on it. I tried to...
  9. help in activation

help in activation: [ATTACH] my laptop has windows 10 pro N that has this error when i contacted Microsoft support got nothing nor did i get their call so please can someone help me with this error? its been on me for months now...
  10. Help with activation

Help with activation: Yesterday I changed PC and was running the troubleshooting for activation and my last pc appeared there when I clicked on "I changed hardware on this device recently", but as stupid as I am I said "no that's not the PC I'm using right now I don't want that to be active, I...