Windows 10: Install AHCI Driver after Win 10 installation

Discus and support Install AHCI Driver after Win 10 installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All. I would appreciate some help on this one. I found a spare 160GB SATA Drive on which I have decided to install a trial of Win 10 to explore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davpet, Aug 9, 2015.

1. davpet Win User

Install AHCI Driver after Win 10 installation

Hi All.

I would appreciate some help on this one. I found a spare 160GB SATA Drive on which I have decided to install a trial of Win 10 to explore it further for now.

The only way that I could get this HD to be seen in the BIOS would be to change the SATA Bios setting from AHCI to IDE. Which I subsequently did and installed win 10. However changing the BIOS SATA setting back to AHCI brings up a boot error.

How can I now install the AHCI Driver so that I boot using AHCI mode going forward. My mainboard is a Intel DH67BL.

Any help would be appreciated

Dave

:)

davpet, Aug 9, 2015
  2. wandy_a Win User

Intermittent BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Auggy,

One of our problems here is that between KB4013418 and the Creators update there are just too many places to append updates.
    ASUS MBs do appear to be a big hitter.

To clarify something, the problem with the M5A88 happened after the creators update.
    I am holding off that update on the M5A97.

While insuring I had the latest drivers I noticed something. For at least some AM3+ MBs, ASUS appears to be relying on Microsoft to provide the Win-10 AHCI driver........

M5A88-V EVO (Older)

AHCI Driver provided to Win-7

Various other drivers provided to Win-8.1 with no AHCI driver

M5A97 (Older)

AHCI Driver provided to Win-7

Various other drivers provided to Win-10 with no AHCI driver

M5A97 LE R2 (Current)

AHCI Driver provided to Win-8.1

M5A97 Plus (Current)

AHCI Driver provided to Win-8.1

In terms of AHCI I should shift my attention to the M5A88 problem (nit).
    There the problem is at least solid. On the M5A97 it way take as long as a week before I know if any action had any effect.

I will start with the "Have Disk" approach as if a "clean Install" is ever required a rollback will be of no use.
    If I start a thread (Yet another thread) I will place a pointer here.

wandy_a, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Romaneus Win User
    AHCI Windows 10 Driver for ASUS X551M w/ toshiba SSD

Try to install Windows 10 in IDE mode. Then change mode to AHCI in Windows, reboot, change IDE to AHCI in bios, drivers should install automatically.

Maybe these will help: Enabling AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation

Romaneus, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Toobad Win User

Toobad, Aug 9, 2015
  5. sseverus Win User
    I ran into the same problem while trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 after having successfully upgraded a Win 7 system already in AHCI mode (1155 Gigabyte motherboard). I solved my problem by doing a fresh reinstall of Win 7, activating AHCI mode, then upgrading to Windows 10 on that fresh Win7 install. Would have tried Toobad's solution had I known about it.

sseverus, Aug 10, 2015
  6. davpet Win User
    Hi All.

Thank you for your contributions. I have tried your Toobad but unfortunately did not resolve the issue. Windows will not boot even into safe mode upon changing to AHCI.

I believe it is worth mentioning though as I might be missing something. When I initially installed the drive which was clean then it did not register in the bios when AHCI was enabled but only when IDE was enabled, would this have something to do with it or not.

Thank you for your time.

Dave

davpet, Aug 10, 2015
  7. linw Win User
    Strange as I have seen Toobad's solution elsewhere and I used it a week ago on a SSD with success.

Got another one to do tomorrow so hope it works again!

Your mention of a no show in the BIOS is a worry as I am sure mine showed up when changed to AHCI even when it wasn't booting.

Hope you get it going but I think an SSD shows the benefit more than a std spinner.

linw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Install AHCI Driver after Win 10 installation - Similar Threads - Install AHCI Driver

2. Driver installation for intel 300 series ahci

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver installation for intel 300 series ahci: Hi all,Ive been scouring the web for the past few days looking for a Intel 300 series AHCI driver.Ive mostly been using m.2, so im not sure if the AHCI driver would be necessary, but I do have a Sata SSD that I occasinally may use whenever.Device Manager has not been any...
  3. Driver installation for intel 300 series ahci

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver installation for intel 300 series ahci: Hi all,Ive been scouring the web for the past few days looking for a Intel 300 series AHCI driver.Ive mostly been using m.2, so im not sure if the AHCI driver would be necessary, but I do have a Sata SSD that I occasinally may use whenever.Device Manager has not been any...
  4. Change Windows 10 install FROM AHCI to IDE/ATA after installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Windows 10 install FROM AHCI to IDE/ATA after installation: I need to change an existing Windows 10 Home 64-bit installation startup drive from AHCI to IDE a step backwards, but is needed to accommodate another operating system in a multi-boot environment. I do not wish to install Windows 10 again. I am able to change the motherboard...
  5. Logitech Camera failing to install drivers - AHCI issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Camera failing to install drivers - AHCI issue?: Hi all, Having an issue with Logitech C270 cameras. We have about 15 of these we need to get working. Previously worked with Windows 7, since upgrading to Windows 10 we can't get the drivers to work. Getting the dreaded Code 39 error that mentions Bad Image. Tried various...
  6. How to enable AHCI in Windows 10 after Installation

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable AHCI in Windows 10 after Installation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Current MOBOs (motherboards) will have AHCI enabled in UEFI or BIOS by default. Some older motherboards may have IDE enabled by default instead. If you want to install Windows using AHCI instead of IDE, then you’ll need to have AHCI [...] This post How to...
  7. Cannot enable AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation

Cannot enable AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation: I am running Windows 10, trying to get my SSD switched to AHCI from IDE after I have already installed windows on it. I currently have it connected to SATA port 6. I have several other regular hard drives on SATA0-4. [img] Picture of my BIOS options and motherboard info...
  8. New hardware AHCI driver is rejected by Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New hardware AHCI driver is rejected by Windows 10 Installation: The mobo is an 8th generation Gigabyte B360 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI, The mobo installation disk has the driver, [f6lpy-6\iaAHCIC.inf] and is highlighted by the Windows installation 10 process, but then it is rejected. So, downloaded every available driver but the installation...
  9. SSD not working in AHCI after Windows 10 install

SSD not working in AHCI after Windows 10 install: My situation is the following:I had a LGA 775 Mobo pc,and one of my father's collegues was upgrading his pc so he gave us his old computer system,i found out that his motherboard had better functions and is better overall,motherboard is gigabyte ga-ep35-DS3L,i installed it in...
  10. Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation: How to: Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation How to Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) makes NCQ (Native Command Queuing) along with hot-plugging or hot swapping through SATA...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install ahci driver windows 10 after install