Windows 10: Install an app for all users

Discus and support Install an app for all users in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi From the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 20H2, how do I install an app for all users? Thanks Bye 171707 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by balubeto, Jan 4, 2021.

1. balubeto Win User

Install an app for all users

Hi

From the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 20H2, how do I install an app for all users?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Install an app for all users :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Install an app for all users - Similar Threads - Install app users

2. Install App for specific user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install App for specific user: Hi, I have recently switched to Windows 11 as it seems inevitable anyways. I have created a private userfor all my private browsing, coding gaming stuff, and another user for everything I do in University.Since I have some apps that I only use for Uni and do not want to see...
  3. Default Windows 10 apps not automatically installed for all new users

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default Windows 10 apps not automatically installed for all new users: I have the same issue with 6 new factory installed HP Probook 650 G8 laptops pre installed Windows 10 version 2004. After finishing all HP & Windows updates and removing some HP bloadware, I added the system to the Active Directory domain and logged in as a user normal user...
  4. Install apps on all users

Install apps on all users: I purchased a game for my son on the app store, and installed it under my account. How do I install it under his account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-apps-on-all-users/8033e1f0-d342-4e85-b2de-8a28ef63875d
  5. Install application for all users

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install application for all users: Hi all, I've installed an application that gets installed in a secure folder. One where you need admin credentials to remove. The problem is I would like this application to launch in the system tray when other accounts are logged in. Currently it doesn't start the...
  6. How to download app for all users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to download app for all users: I'm trying to download a game for my son. I can't do it under his name, how do I do this under my Admin account and make it usable for him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-app-for-all-users/6637e9e7-e654-4471-a951-a3f3e50dfe07"
  7. Install Windows Store font app for all users?

Install Windows Store font app for all users?: Hello, we recently got work computers with Windows 10. There are some documents from our old computers that use the Rockwell font – specifically, Inkscape files (a graphics editor like Adobe Illustrator). In order to find a font and use it, Inkscape needs it to be "installed...
  8. Uninstalling Specific Apps for All Users

Uninstalling Specific Apps for All Users: Hey guys, I am interested in setting up some company-wide commands to remove a lot of the built-in crap from Windows 10. Employees don't need to be using the Xbox app, and we don't need Get Office, Get Skype etc as we already have those installed using the administrator...
  9. "All Apps" Doesn't Show All Apps Installed

"All Apps" Doesn't Show All Apps Installed: Random apps are not showing up in the "All Apps" section of the Start Menu after installing a clean version of Windows 10 (not an upgrade), and re-installing all my favorite software, In other words, finding a launcher to countless programs now means visiting "C:/Program...
  10. Default apps for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Default apps for all users: We are in the process of building an image to deploy to over 500 machines. How do I set the default apps (IE 11, Adobe Reader DC, Photo Viewer and Media player) for all users on a Domain? I tried the profile copy and it failed. Also, is there a way to get rid of some of the...