Windows 10: install an external device

Discus and support install an external device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do I install an external device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-an-external-device/86887910-902c-4aa5-b5e4-9a0546c6ab22 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davidsmall4, Oct 29, 2019.

1. install an external device

how do I install an external device

:)

davidsmall4, Oct 29, 2019

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 29, 2019
  3. External drive

You've mentioned that you were able to try some of the troubleshooting steps that was provided by a Microsoft online agent, we'd like to know if you were able to roll back the said driver as well. If not, kindly follow the steps listed below and check if
    it helps to resolve the issue:

• Press Windows Key + X then select Device Manager from the list.
    • Locate the external driver and right-click to open the Properties option.
    • Go to the Driver tab and click the Roll Back Driver button. Click
      OK.

Note: The Roll Back Driver button is only available if a previous version of the driver was installed. If the current driver for the device is the only one that was ever installed on this computer, then the Roll Back Driver button is not enabled.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 29, 2019
  4. install an external device

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

install an external device

1. install an external device - Similar Threads - install external device

2. About external Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    About external Devices: I'm using Asus Vivobook X510UR model. Will it be safe to use rgb wired keyboard and mouse to it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-external-devices/22684ab9-b0a3-40b2-8ab2-15256664b845
  3. External Camera Device

External Camera Device: How do I connect Nikon D3300 to my PC to view photos or download photos to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-camera-device/5cd9ba3c-c451-4875-9d17-964916b51311
  4. External Devices

External Devices: How can i get my routers history to find out if my gf is sending out uploads via ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-devices/22e50db1-4d77-45e0-95ea-943ddef554ea
  5. External Device Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Device Access: Hi all. I've been trying to access files from my cameras cfast card through a usb card reader, when I insert the device my computer makes a noise and certainly recognises the device yet I can't access it whatsoever. The device is listed as VLI Product String. Does anyone...
  6. Connection of external device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection of external device: How to connect external disc Western Digital 2 TB, whic is in the same network, with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-of-external-device/45f89799-27c3-4fb9-bfd2-81fd8987a525
  7. External Device error

External Device error: Good Day, After the latest Windows 10 update on my home pc as well as work laptop, when i connect my external hard drive first it showed "file directory invalid", now it gives me Access Denied error message. The external drive works fine on any other older windows device....
  8. External Encrypted devices

in Windows 10 Support
    External Encrypted devices: Hi, Is it possible to have/set up an external encrypted hard drive (USB) on Windows that can be used on other machines where I don not have Administrative access (to install any thing). I think it would need an pure portable implementation of that encryption host. Or is...
  9. external devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    external devices: I can't see a specific hard drive in the list. It shows the C drive and one other external hard drive but will no display my Lacie Fuel. This problem just occurred. In the past it has shown up....
  10. Is there an external devices limit?

Is there an external devices limit?: Is there a maximum number of external accessories that Windows 10 Home Creator's Update will accept? The system hasn't used all the letters of the alphabet yet but it won't create a new drive icon once I have 19 letters used. (Some of them are reserved by the system for USB...